It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all on our way out, now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't think I can contribute anything new to this topic and will state what everyone else is thinking: I don't wish to get sick and die. It's sad when man reaches out of its means and creates catastrophes such as this. I'm just happy that I live on the east coast of the US and don't have much to worry about... Yet. I feel for those in Japan and California. It's just not a good situation. If this isn't put under control soon, it WILL effect everyone worldwide even moreso than it already has. This is just outrageous that we let things like this go for so long without trying to do something constructive to clean up after ourselves. This is BP all over again only this time the risks are much much higher.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Outrageo

I never said i was a leader of anything. I don't have the easy charisma necessary.

However, the creeping anti-humanism thats gaining a foothold in society terrifies me. Your post is an example of it. 'The poor planet, we must protect the planet from people etc etc"

We need to engineer a way out of our problems. Not abandon our right to exist, or teach our children that humanity is an evil thing that must be constrained.

A massive shift to nuclear in the west would be start, coupled with massive investment in fusion tech. I argue those things regularly but the anti human eco warrior brainwashing is strong.

Yeah....let's build a couple more Fukishima reactors...just to make sure we damage every square inch before we check out.....

Whatever dude... I am at peace....if it is time to check out...I'm ok with that....those that are clinging to some false hope....well...you are doomed to repeat this nightmare over and over until you are ready to let it all go....I am...why can't you?

You need to understand the philosophers of old was trying to tell you something. if you die in fear, you have to come back and do it again...and again...and again....I am tired of being afraid....I am not coming back anymore...I am not afraid any longer....

I no longer fear what is to come....if I pass into the next level...awesome...if I fall into a lake of fire....well...f*ck it...it can't be that much more miserable than where we are now...the lake of fire btw is a metaphor for the misery of doing it over and over and over.....

you folks are missing out....the liberation is letting go...just let it all go....it means nothing....the next step is far more interesting than this one....just silently tell yourself...'I am ready to move on"...and be done with it...stop clinging to this false materialism....it is a trick set here to fool and distract you....come and join us in the next phase....I'll burn a fatty and we can all have a good time before we step nto the next wave....how cool is that?

Fukushima was a bad 1960s reactor design. In any event the damage isn't likely to be catastrophic to humanity. If we survived the atomic weapon testing heyday of the 50s and 60s we'll survive now. Cancer rates will probably rise but not to population damaging levels. In fact Chernobyl and Fukushima will probably kill less people than older dirtier industry has.

There are better safer designs we can be on. Thorium reactors for one, inherently safe. Beyond that lies fusion. If we really focused on that as a global priority we could crack it.

The reason we wont anytime soon do either is because the people who should be campaigning for it are campaigning against it. Those who gain from fossil fuels must piss themselves laughing.

Since I believe the 'after life' is the dumbest and most corrosive idea humans ever came up with i'll respectfully disagree with you that it should be a consideration.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The damage is done and the people don't seem to care. Talking with my father, a typical busy business man in his late 40's. He simply does not believe the radiation is enough to be affecting anyone, even in Japan. Now, that is a blanket statement to help him get on with his life. People are afraid to accept what is truly happening in the world. People seem rather content watching dancing with the stars and staying wiry about those damn "terrorists". But the truth is, Fukashima disaster is far worse than I think even most of us on ATS believe. So much cesium 137 stored there its pretty scary. This truly could spell the end to Japan and if not contained soon, the surrounding areas.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

interesting you brought up mouth ulcers.

i am in ireland.

i know of a a good few folks who have been getting really bad mouth ulcers like this were they cannot eat and never had this before.

there has been really bad flu here too with severe chest infections. people are taking a lot longer to recover and often relapsing with the chest infections.

maybe its just s bad run or maybe the planet is screwed. i don't know.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lorienth

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by Saucerwench

FOR THE LOVE OF.... STOP THE #ING RADIATION FROM SPEWING FORTH! Cement that #ing place up like they did with Chernobyl. At least it would stop the spread. Amaright?

Until the fission fragments left over from the Uranium chain reactions decay to a stable state, they can't concrete it up (it would literally just melt through the concrete).

Good luck getting anyone to understand that. I've been saying this the whole time. In fact the build up of heat inside would explode through... It's not like it needs Oxygen to continue. This is an unstoppable chain reaction.

There isn't anything they can do about it right now, AND the radiation is so bad around the reactors that no one can go there. This isn't like chernobyl which was child's play comparatively.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Its not that we should all die. Its that, with our current track record, its an inevitability. Its not a negative aspect to look at, but a truthful one. Its hard to accept one owns advanced species will die. Look around, we seem to permanent and healthy, yet it would only take a few hundred years before most of our "stuff" is gone if we were to die off.

I too believe in hope, for the future. I believe the best course of action is expansion off this planet. Once quantum computation is a possibility, we will either turn into cyborg beings, or we will use that newly found technology to cascade us among the stars. Either way, that is only IF we survive.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by rebellender

reply to post by rebellender

Reb..................are your cats,outdoor cats?

they are indoor cats...and 2 are in and out

Would it hurt to keep the cats that go outside,in for a week? Then for sure,you could figure out if it was an outdoor problem,being brought in.

we are about 85% sure it was a food related issue, changed that and things are getting better....who, knows, seriously who knows, those that do wont talk, and maybe thats good for all of us, by just a fraction.

do I really want to know that answer?

Think about it, do you really want to know the truth on an issue where there is no way to hide?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
This is just disturbing on so many levels. Being human is nothing to be proud of, and we need to be stopped.

This poor Earth.

Could you start with yourself please?

I did start with myself... I stopped driving, I stopped consuming, I started growing, I started learning. Amongst other things.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Its not that we should all die. Its that, with our current track record, its an inevitability. Its not a negative aspect to look at, but a truthful one. Its hard to accept one owns advanced species will die. Look around, we seem to permanent and healthy, yet it would only take a few hundred years before most of our "stuff" is gone if we were to die off.

I too believe in hope, for the future. I believe the best course of action is expansion off this planet. Once quantum computation is a possibility, we will either turn into cyborg beings, or we will use that newly found technology to cascade us among the stars. Either way, that is only IF we survive.

I dont disagree there are challenges and threats. I also don't disagree we've made and continue to make some real dumb decisions.

Our big challenge is energy. If we solve that we can solve anything else. With that solved there is no reason we cant have a future where we expand to the solar system and beyond.

My quarrel is with the ideology that says humans are inherently bad and we should be constrained as a matter or principle. That underpins a lot of current green thinking and leads to illogical choices and makes things worse.

edit on 10-5-2012 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I make my husband's lunch everyday.

One of the oranges had a brownish/grey growth inside of the center so I threw out the whole orange.

Now, I use to be in nursing (long time ago, almost a 4.0 GPA) To me, it clearly looked like a cancerous growth so I threw out the entire orange.

Yes, in my opinion (and I've S & F the OP) Fukushima will affect the entire northern hemisphere, including but not limited to our food chain.

No pictures, but the mass inside of the orange looked the same color with branching out fingers like the strawberry.

Again I've said this in numerous posts - you all don't believe me, talk to a radiologists - I've met quite a few lately (tests)...............Yes the type of radiation spewing out of Fukushima is deadly and yes it will affect not only our food chain, (soil, air, water, etc) it will also affect our DNA on a chromosome level.

In other words, once your DNA on a chromosome level is "compromised" your children's chromosomes, their children and their children's children on down your blood line will be affected until scientists learn how to repair the damage.

Now a question: We have the technology to blow each other up enmasse, we pour trillions into making bigger and better bombs, biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction.

Why in sam heck aren't we voting in leaders who take the trillions we are pouring into mass destroying our species, our planet and all the other species that share this little third rock from a medium class yellow star and start putting our money towards both social services and medical technology instead of all the WMD???????

The common man has allowed this to happen, world wide, not just here in America.

If humanity does not grow up and start becoming responsible, we may outsmart ourselves right into extinction.

This is just the beginning.

In previous post I stated I have first hand knowledge of radiation poisoning.

My mother had radiation treatments when she was around eight - in 1918. At the time I was a egg inside of her as was my half sister and brother.

Result:

Mother died at age 53 of Thyroid and or Lung cancer. Had 2-3 tumors the size of footballs down to millions of cancerous cells on the end of a needle. They said they never saw such a highly aggressive cancer. Working, went in for exploratory surgery and dead two days later.

My brother, born 3 cans short of a 6 pack. Died in prison of armed robbery among other things. Dead at around 40 years of age.

Sister: Died at 61 of colon cancer.

Me: Cleft palate, congenital cataracts, and a severe high frequency hearing loss - all the nerve endings in my ears that pick up consonants are either dead or missing. So far I am cancer free but I have to have numerous tests each year to keep on top of it. The latest test went well, they found a clump of a calcified mass in my left breast and with a Stereotactic (Mammographically Guided) Breast Biopsy found it, and it (thankfully) is benign. I also at age 58 had one polyp. (Ladies get your mammogram every year), everyone over 50, if you have a family history of cancer get a colonoscopy, it is painless (I'm sensitive to pain) and caught in it's early stages curable - you will extend you life considerably. DO IT, DON'T PUT THESE TESTS OFF!!!!!

Sons (3)

#1 ADHD
#2 & #3 Autistic

Grand daughter: ADHD

Get the picture.

Yes could be "bad genes" - No wonder I've never been abducted, the little greys wouldn't want my rotten genes.

Just because you don't see, feel, taste or smell the radiation doesn't mean it isn't there...............it is here.

Wait and be watchful.

I sincerely hope and pray none of you reading this are affected.

With my mother, she got exactly two "zaps" in 1918 when they treated tonsillitis with the new X-ray machines that gave out higher rems then the new ones now.

Radiation, if it doesn't kill you - absolutely alters your DNA and those that will come after you.

Now as this is a conspiracy site, I keep saying, watch "The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen - yes Fukushima, BP, CorExit (the chemical they poured on top of the BP Oil Gusher), Chernobyl and all the other "accidents" could very well be due to human error,human oversight, human greed.

Or

We are looking at a possible (notice the word possible, not saying for sure) a possible re-terraforming of our planet.

I never mentioned HAARP, chemtrails or mass microwave technology used for military purposes did I (for the few to control the many).

But again, as this is a conspiracy site and I have worked directly under big fish in little ponds, people that have even some power, do not make mistakes, they micro manage, they are meticulous in every detail.

Seems just statistically speaking we would have at least 50% good stuff happening where as we seem to be having 90% bad stuff and 10% good stuff from our current technology.

Am reading three good fictional books by L. A. Marzulli, real interesting spy stuff, called the Nephilim Trilogy.

1) The Truth Is Here
2) The Unholy Deception
3) The Revealing

Are we on our way out now?

Only if we continue to sell our souls.

Humanity's downfall will be pride, greed, lust and arrogance.

And I have been a Agnostic then Pagan since age 9 (when I was orphaned) so I'm not a Bible Thumper. Just keeping my eyes and ears open.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio

edit on 10-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Do you think the common man ever gets the complete truth?

What they usually tell us is only about 1/2 of what is really going on.

TPTB, Whoever is running this matrix does not want to upset the "worker bees". "They" (whoever TF "they" are) don't want us to panic and stop production.

Our ignorance and denial will be our death.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with you, everything is not a-okay.

Our Pacific and now Atlantic Oceans have been compromised, our air, our ozone layer, our soil, our rivers, lakes.....our planet and now our DNA.

Simply keep an eye on statistics (if they are not fooled with, which is usually the case) and see how many unusual miscarriages, autistic, ADHD, malformed (look at Chernobyl babies), retardation, brain damaged children will come from this.

Our children are our legacy.

Again, I suggest and again coming from a very (until recently) non Christian belief system - start to google L. A. Marzulli's videos and books.

The Mind is like a parachute it works best when opened - Frank Zappa

edit on 10-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

Hang on! It might turn out ok!

Best and funniest post I've seen on here in ages! Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Expecting all fruits and vegetables to look the exact same shape and size is like romanticizing about a Monsanto made world. Fruits etc are always odd shaped except when speicifically bred or genetically engineered. Google some pictures of heirloom totamtoes and you might see what looks to you like "mutated". Fruits etc aren't bred for flavor, they're bred to be uniform shapes and sizes for easy machine harvest.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

FOR THE LOVE OF.... STOP THE #ING RADIATION FROM SPEWING FORTH! Cement that #ing place up like they did with Chernobyl. At least it would stop the spread. Amaright?

Its hard to do that when no one can get close to the reactor, even robots are failing within minutes/hours of being there...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yeah,I do.

I dont want to be surprised,in the end........

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Who is doing the brainwashing? The government? No....So who?....Ourselves? People are just waking up to what we are doing. Some of us think that we can control nature, when in reality we are part of it and we can't change that. We must harmonize with nature that is the problem. We don't sing in unison with it instead we try to scream louder over it and try to make it sing the song we want it to sing when we want it to sing. I know that this is not the mentality of everybody on this rock, but our leaders and corporate loonies think they are the best thing since fake butter. That's what our friend is trying to say.

Earth doesn't belong to us we belong to the earth. We wouldn't need to look for another planet if would just take the time to understand fully the consequences of our actions. I guess money is more important then all that right?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Was in nursing, took Pathology cause I thought it was interesting.

Know a clump of cancerous cells when I see it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yeah,I do.

I dont want to be surprised,in the end........

Maybe it's always a pleasant surprise in the end, with every end representing a new beginning, like an unending serious of rainbow spectrums forever reflected in infinite fractals by the eternal light of life I mean hey anything's possible, right? and I prefer to imagine that it's something infinitely better than I CAN imagine.

Who knows, maybe we're on our way IN, not out, now, as an inevitable and inexorable INvolution, wouldn't THAT be something, to discover in the final analysis (at the end/New beginning) that we already were in possession of the "whole kit and caboodle" all along! I'm always a sucker for a really good joke and a nice surprise, and in this case it would be better to be unexpectedly suprised, in the end, than to get precisely what most (of the more cynical and paranoid variety) ARE expecting, especially the doom and gloomers here at ATS..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 10-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We are on our way out from the day we are born. With the radiation from Fukushima,we may just go a bit sooner. You can only die once. There is no point in freaking out about it. If its here its here. Just live life as best you can and try to make every day count.If we are indeed doomed we may as well try to enjoy whats left. Nobody gets off this planet alive. I would rather spend what time is left ignoring it than obsessing about it. Its better to die living than to live dying.
edit on 10-5-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I like your optimism! But still doesn't justify our arrogance to try and control everything and destroy the only planet that can host us!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join