It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope Interview on ATSLive, Got a Question to ask?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This Saturday May the 12th, ATSLive is honored to have for an interview a Giant in the UFO Genre, Nick Pope.

We are going to offer everyone a chance to ask a "singular question", (ask one question only).

For those that don't know who Nick Pope is...

Nick Pope used to run the British Government's UFO Project and is recognized as one of the world's leading experts on UFOs, the unexplained and conspiracy theories.

In September 2007 the MoD (Ministery Of Defense) made a policy decision to transfer its archive of UFO files to the National Archives. In November 2009 the MoD made a policy decision to terminate its UFO project, after over 50 years of research and investigation. Nick Pope broke the story to the media in December 2009.

Books authored by Nick Pope

Open Skies, Closed Minds
The Uninvited
Operation Thunder Child
Operation Lightning Strike

Nick Pope's Official Website

We go Live from 9pmEST 8pmCentral 7pmMtn 6pmPST, 2amGMT (UK), 3amCET (Europe) and 1pmACDT (Aus)

Be sure to join us in the ALL NEW ATS Chat Room as well during the show, and get your views heard. And also be sure to check the ATSLIVE Show Page on Saturday for more information, before and during the show.

You can also find us on Audiorealm and Shoutcast - just search for ATS Radio

Get us on your 'Droid or IPhone - Look for the ATS Live App in the development marketplace, OR, find us via the TuneIn Radio App (install the app and look for ATS Radio)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Woot, I love Nick Pope. Now I must come back with questions, or rather, a question. Sweet.

And an ATS live app? Sweet.

Question: Mr Pope, what do you know about UFOs shutting down nuclear weapons?

Thanks in advance.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I don't know much about Mr. Pope, but I'm very much looking forward to the interview. My question... "What is the best case you've seen that would suggest that we have been visited by extraterrestrials (If you do so believe we have)?"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here is the link for everyone, however it is a only hi bandwidth stream and sad to say, I am not able to listen to it, so enjoy everyone and ATS, if you want any help making a low bandwidth channel, please do not hesitate, as you have less listeners than all other talk shows, and you have the highest bit rate 256.. ranting here as have suggested and requested to help serve us all, and not some of your hi end paying clients, think about those of us who do not have 2.5 mbs or higher connections be real nice, and wasting the shows by not providing us with alternate of 64 bits or less, as 20 bits be great and note what others use and their listeners on shoutcast

speaking of, link here
yp.shoutcast.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
is it me, or is it just lagging for everyone, or is anyone else tried it out yet, as have not ever even seen it in the popular listing on shoutcast with listeners, so guess is, if it ever goes get many going to be lagging same as it for me now, with only 2 listeners....counting me and I can listen to almost if not all, other talk shows on shoutcast, that have and do, without it any buffering issues, only ATS....the highest quality stream bit rate, the least amount of listeners of them all, need I say more, or shall we fix it please...unless it is just me and everyone else that listens has 1.5 or greater and no issues, as really would say, this show is going to be great and I want to listen, and aliens are not letting me

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by earthinhabitant

I think perhaps its your slow internet connection.

Mr. Pope what case would you suggest a person (or ornery joker cat) look into if said person is highly skeptical?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
what does nick pope consider the most authentic and real ufo case or video out there.

i mean one without a shadow of a doubt, even though unofficially, its brushed aside, but behind the scenes, is taken very serious and very real.

a link to a video that is considered a real ufo and one that nick pope and the MoD consider real, would be good to view again and study.

edit on 9-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mr. Pope, why is it that the "evil" alien theory seems so prevalent in conspiracy circles?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Something along these lines

My questions :

I would like to know why a civilian was given a job that would seem to be more suited to someone in the military? Wouldn't the military have more resources at their disposal for these kinds of investigations? Why not a team of dedicated scientists covering a multitude of disciplines like physics , chemistry etc

Id also like to know why there was an MOD UFO investigations dept in the first place? Was his job was to find out if we were being visited by aliens or just to see if our airspace was being invaded by a foreign country with some exotic tech?

If they were looking for aliens then what would be the point of even knowing that UFO's exist as far as the military was concerned? I mean if the MOD really did discover we were being visited by aliens what would have been the next step? Was the MOD hoping to shoot them down or make contact with them? Its obvious that we would be powerless to defend ourselves against an alien race that was advanced enough to cross the vast emptiness of space.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi Mr Pope, it's said that the British MOD document for the RAF Boulmer UFO incident of 1977 was so so sensitive that "an extra three years was added to its 25 year release date" - I just wondered if you'd ever heard any other similar incidents where the release of UK Government UFO documents were postponed in this way.
Cheers.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a question i would like to ask is

since the british mod collected cases and or studied them,did it also collect and study cases of abductees?

and if not why?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just one question Nick..

Have YOU ever seen an Alien?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A single question for Nick Pope:

"Did you followed the "UFO Stalking Chilean Jets Over Santiago Air Base" story, and if so, what's your take on it, especially on the CEFAA and Haine's analysis that concludes that they were real UFO emitting heat?"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
And why was the need to create a 2nd thread started by a moderator/site owner? Couldn't you at least merge them. Ok, reposting PLUS one more question I want to know:

Originally posted by Imtor
Nick Pope is I think one of the serious researches who is doing actual effort in investigation. Question:

Do you have any solid evidence that all said about the Rendlesham Forest Incident really happened, in particular - Jim Penniston touching the aircraft, getting vision of some binary code, writing that down, and then this code deciphered by a computer programer. Isn't this a little bit exaggerated?

The additional question:

Have you ever caught witnesses lying or told to lie and do you ever put witnesses on lie detector to verify they are not making up stories?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
G'Day Nick!

I wanted to ask you a simple question...

Disclosure... is it just a dangling carrot? Can you honestly ever see a day where this may be a reality?

Cheers mate!

IRM

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

my question to Nick Pope

when i reported my family sighting of a ufo to you,sighting date 28th april 2011,
why did you tell me this is no longer your field of study?.

ps.. my thread title is, ufo over a55 chester to rhyl april 28th 12.15pm to12.55pm

In my old account name philware
I bet this wont be answered

we all saw what we thought to be a white tube shaped object with a row of windows along the side which stayed in our windscreen view at a fixed position (no matter how fast or slow we travelled it just stayed the same size)
to my right side higher up than said object were two jets that were always flying by one bigger than the other.
so somebody must have seen this object as i had my arm out the window franticly pointing at it to make others aware of this craft, there were not any visible lighs fashing it just looked fixed to us.
my family consists of wife 35ys eldest lad of 10ys and twins of 7ys boy/girl non identical,
anyway at 2pm ish while on the beach my lads shouted to me that it was over our heads i could see it to so i looked for the two jets and yes they were also in the sky to the far right again and when i looked back to the object it had gone and then at 3.50pm on our way home the wife and kids could see it again but this time i could not very strange and scared my kids totally freaked us out . we have no proof as we did not take any photos which i find strange but i do have a friend who can get us some radar info so fingers crossed
and maybe someone did get some photos or video evidence

edit on 10/5/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
an offtopic question but will there be a transcript of this interview??

To Mr Pope,did you find any resistance during your time at the mod?and if yes did you follow it to find the reasons behind it?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ive always wandered why Nick has no evidence from his role in the government, He said he had actual photos I read in a interview once, it left his office without his knowing after some time, I understand Government confidentiality, but something so big, he never thought to get a copy of any of it?

Thanks Nick, appreciate your work!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here is my one question for Nick Pope - Please.

Do you believe that UFO's are real - and could you explain why you believe that?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Love watching alien/ufo doco's with Mr Pope in.

My question is this;

Do you believe our rapid technological advances from 1947 onwards is due to our best efforts back engineering downed craft? Or just through persistant human research?

Regards. GDR3k.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join