It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Ancient Acorn (Or have I finally lost it?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think my mind has flown the coop! I know I was reading along on a thread of a guy that took a picture of his head and claimed it was an orb. Now I can't find the thread and his name (Ancient Acorn) says there is no such member!

Am I really going crazy? Or is this a conspiracy joke that I missed the punch line on?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

i saw it too. over 70 flags, 90 replies etc...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No, you're not losing your mind! I was reading the same thread, it was called "this can't wait for 20 posts" and it was Ancient Acorn's introductory thread, received something like 60 or more stars. What he thought was an orb in his photo was pointed out by an astute ATS member (Freakjive) to actually be his forehead! I think the poor guy was so embarrassed that he must have deleted his profile...too bad, it was very entertaining! Best intro thread I have read in a long time...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was laughing along and had to stop to make dinner. When I came back I couldn't find it. I thought I officially had gone down the crazy hole.

Is it typical when a member deletes their account for their threads to go also?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just searched for the thread, and it seems the whole thing has been 404'd...weird.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ats mod nazi's. funny threads are funny.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

There are plenty of people that no longer post on ATS (profiles deleted or been banned for whatever reason) and their posts are still available in the archives, that's why I thought it was strange that the post was deleted.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
HE was there. His thread was deleted by Sauron on page one, but it escaped and grew to over 5 pages and 70 flags before it was really 404'd.

Many other members remember his brief appearance, and that it was a clever ploy, because he INTENTIONALLY took a second pic to put into his OP, ten minutes later, BEFORE he posted his OP. It was a misunderstanding.

It was funny. However, he did violate T&Cs, and I stand with the mods decision. The title itself begged for thread removal.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree with the T and C closing if that was it. I was just looking forward to more laughs dang it. I wish they would have just closed it. Now I feel like I didn't get to read the end of a good book.

Thanks everyone for letting me know I am still on this side of sanity.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You guys know the standard procedure: We don't discuss Banned Members.

However - I would hope occasionally that whenever someone is banned, or whenever a thread gets 404ed, that the Members of this site don't automatically default to the 'Nazi Mod', 'CIA Shills', 'There's a Conspiracy In them thar Hills!' responses...

...I do appreciate that ATS is a conspiracy-related website...however not everything is a conspiracy.

FTR: The person was a multiple banned returnee who simply doesn't get it and doesn't play nice.

*Thread Closed*

new topics

top topics

join