It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starship Decloaks Near Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Didn't see anything here about this so I thought I'd see what everybody thought this was caught on SOHO a few days ago,

Looks like a ship slowing down and then speeding off to me, I'm guessing it would probably be a pretty large ship as well. Just my opinion though. What do all of you think?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Old:

I beat you to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

....Close to resume in other thread

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
is it a ship, or a glitch?

I dunno... but I tend to notice how people react. Over on Fox News and MSNBC, everytime someone comes along and say 'this is interesting' they are fallen upon by numerous attacks for simply being curious.

You want a conspiracy theory? We know Obama has his Trust Teamsters out and about (by his own admission) to shout down his political opponents... should we doubt that the government (Army, Air Force, CIA, NSA, etc.) wouldn't employ the same tactic to discourage interest in subjects they want kept quiet?

This is worth watching.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think it could be the satellite tether that broke loose a few years back. It was 13 miles long and is floating out there somewhere. We don't know how far out this object was. It looks like it's on top the sun but it could very well be only a few hundred miles out. You can't tell.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

My b close it up, I just spent the last 20 minutes searching for that exact reason too.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I don't think it's a tether incident only because the same exact ship or whatever it is, showed up in the previous month on the quadrant III of (x,y), then it shows up on the y Axis of the quadrants I base line.

impossible and improbable.

Ship or whatever it is

*I'm really getting into this Math now.
Speaking like a Mathematician.. BOHAHAHA
edit on 9-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would imagine the tether would have burnt away so close to the sun. At that distance you'd need some very good protection from the extreme heat.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't think a ship could get that close to the sun. Even with advanced technology.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

We only know of the materials on Earth, so there could be other compositions out there that have different attributes not revelant to here.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Another one of these threads..

I only see a momentary artifact that could be any number perfectly normal things in a single frame.. I don't see a starship decloaking near the sun... what a huge assumption to make...

I keep clicking on these threads hoping for something big.. instead I see people jumping to the most extreme conclusions with very little information to warrant it.
edit on 5/9/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Same momentary effects in two different places??? The odds in that...We won't get into that, not that advance yet. Same size, same shape.. Uh huh, two very different objects made by the same brand company with 2 different functions.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I only see a momentary artifact that could be any number perfectly normal things in a single frame.. I don't see a starship decloaking near the sun... what a huge assumption to make...

I keep clicking on these threads hoping for something big.. instead I see people jumping to the most extreme conclusions with very little information to warrant it.

Yes, but isn't it an exciting assumption to make. This is ATS, we have that category of, sometimes assumptions are OK.

It's fun to speculate, and discuss what type of material could withstand the heat of the sun. It's just plain old fun to get to see inside the minds of other posters. Don't take my *fun* away. This is a nice diversion from the oh so serious political threads.......

Des...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That was the first thing i thought as well. Almsot starred you for that. But then i did some further research.... That is not a common artifact. It has too many straight lines, looked artificial. Even if it is just an artifact due to radiation, it is noteworthy, get it?

But it most likely is not.
edit on 9-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Maybe you'd care to enlighten us on what those "any number of perfectly normal things," could be? I have no idea myself; and to someone like me, the left end of whatever that is, looks reminiscent of a helicopter.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Come on, this is a conspiracy site---possible mother ship cloaking by the sun? This what we live for!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by SpearMint

We only know of the materials on Earth, so there could be other compositions out there that have different attributes not revelant to here.

It would have to be some sort of technology as opposed to a material. All the stable elements that can exist in the universe have been mapped out, although, I do suppose there are alloys that could be formed that would be more heat resistant than anthing we've produced so far, but that also goes back to technology and creating them from known elements.
Granted, there are many other elements possible, but they cannot exist in natural form due to the large number of electrons in their shells. At least not according to present atomic theory and they would be extremely radioactive on their own, so would not be much protection against radioactivity, they would only add to it.
There are interesting things happening with magnetism as well as revisiting of Tesla's work, so the technological field could very well could produce a way to endure the massive heat. Afterall, the earth itself uses an electromagnetic field to protect us from most of the dangerous aspects of the sun's rays, it's reasonable that electromagnetism could be used in some way that we have not yet developed to make it possible to be that close without certain destruction.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But that's where the fun and excitement is! Come on, it's the stuff that dreams are made of. Without imagination and exploration and entertaining the "possibilities", no progress is made, no new inventions happen, no new approaches are ever discovered.
Curiousity and imagination are two of the most important aspects of the human mind!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I didn't say anything about this yesterday because I didn't want to ruin the parade. But its back....

CCD imagers are struck by cosmic rays, gamma rays, energetic particles from the sun, etc. all the time. Thats what this looks like. You can see the impact across two cells (bright spots) and then the ricochet and branch off to the right. It is instantaneous and momentary and gone, just like expected. Be glad it didn't hit your bones...

snap.lbl.gov...
edit on 9-5-2012 by intrptr because: spelling...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I didn't say anything about this yesterday because I didn't want to ruin the parade. But its back....

CCD imagers are struck by cosmic rays, gamma rays, energetic particles from the sun, etc. all the time. Thats what this looks like. You can see the impact across two cells (bright spots) and then the ricochet and branch off to the right. It is instantaneous and momentary and gone, just like expected. Be glad it didn't hit your bones...

snap.lbl.gov...
edit on 9-5-2012 by intrptr because: spelling...

This was already covered above. It does not look like any of the usual artifacts due to artifacts. If you really know how they usually look, even you would find this noteworthy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join