It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Field Agent: Here's How Illegals Scam System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not sure which forum to put this in, there needs to be one for outrageous gov. BS that gets swept under the rug.

Read this a little while ago and was floored at how easy it is for illegals to get money and the gov. workers don't care. Tax payers money hard at work [but not for us]....

“Angry, resigned, helpless.”

That’s how one Northern California Internal Revenue Service employee described revelations that millions of illegal aliens are claiming and receiving billions of dollars in tax refunds for alleged family members in Mexico using a loophole in the tax code

Knowledge of the scam has grown following a report by Indianapolis television station, WTHR-TV. The report documented illegal aliens filing the IRS Additional Child Tax Credit form for children – often nieces and nephews – who have never lived in the United States. To legally qualify, a child must be present in the filer’s U.S. residence for over half the year.

www.wthr.com...

“We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms,” a tax preparer-turned-whistleblower told WTHR News. “The more you put on there, the more you get back.” “Here’s a return right here: we’ve got a $10,300 refund for nine nieces and nephews.” “We’re getting an $11,000 refund on this tax return. There’s seven nieces and nephews,” he said, pointing to another set of documents. “I can bring out stacks and stacks. It’s just so easy it’s ridiculous.”

Last year, the Indiana whistleblower reported dozens of cases to the IRS of undocumented workers using phony documents and false income to claim tax credits. Nothing happened. “These were fraudulent, 100 percent fraudulent tax returns, but I got no response; absolutely none. We never heard a thing,” he said. “To me, it’s clear the IRS is letting this happen.”

Of course, this problem was not a revelation to the Northern California IRS field-office worker who viewed the report: “The fraud has been going on for years,” he told WND. “Business as usual.”

As a result, illegal aliens who are defrauding the system not only manage to pay no federal income taxes, their abuse of the credit means they get back everything they paid into Social Security and more.

“When reviewing the big picture of this fraud, always remember and never forget that it is the ITIN that opens the portal to obtaining the credit,” he said. The ITIN – or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number – is a nine-digit tax-processing number assigned by the IRS to individuals who are obligated to file a federal tax return but do not have or are not eligible for a Social Security Number. While an ITIN does not confer the right to work in the U.S. to undocumented aliens, it is used by them so U.S. employers can meet withholding requirements.

The requirements for obtaining the ITIN for a worker includes submitting original official documentation from the country of origin to the IRS processing center in Austin, Texas, where there is a fraud unit, for validation. The problem arises when the worker also decides to obtain ITINs for his children, nieces and nephews. At this point, the document checking is far less rigorous.

Little or no formal training is given to field offices in reviewing Mexican birth certificates,” the California IRS employee told WND. “There’s a lot of variation in Mexico’s official documents. For an ITIN to be issued for dependents, in addition to a birth certificate, original U.S. medical records or letters from school must be presented. Often it is hard to determine if the document is an original or a copy.” Most Hispanics have two surnames and Hispanic females’ second surname usually changes on marriage, creating a confusing array of family connections to sort through. “Determining if an individual is actually a nephew or niece at times is difficult. Frankly, I think a lot of these nephews we’re certifying are cousins,” he said.

www.wnd.com...

Well if it's not the scammers living off of wel-fare/food stamps, then I guess we are stuck having to pay for these illegal's nieces/nephews that may or may not [most probably not] live in the U.S.

Great and here I am busting my azz to make an honest living to pay my bills and theirs.... well I guess you could say we donate to " charity", huh......

I knew they worked the system too but I didn't realize the IRS was such fools.
edit on 5/10/2012 by dbates because: Caps lock title edit

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Come read my story , as I knew this,, and more,, and I get a garnishment because I can't afford to pay my tax,, and out of my two week paycheck,,, they take 63% of the check,
me,,
two weeks,, no food or gas to get to work,,, hmmmm how will that stimulate the economy.

read the Declaration of Independence and explain the words to your friends, family and neighbors,, obviously people don't know what it means.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This ticks me off!!! Here I am and my family...hard working ,no credit card debt, never been late on a single mortgage payment or car payment pay my taxes every year on time. Yet the IRS threatens me over a $400 mix up which was actually a refund to me from them! and I read about this and throw my hands in the air and go WT*!!!!!!

edit on 5/10/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, technically they had to pay taxes in the first place to get anything back...

So the illegals are paying taxes, and than using tax returns and the tax code to get all their money back and not pay taxes?

Damn are the illegals working for the major corporations as tax accounts cause thats the same scam they do.

I love how no one is posting a bunch of threads on Corporate america robbing us of 55 billion in tax revenue. that the main story is the 5 billion the illegals who had to pay taxes in the first place to get anything back raises everyones ire.

you know the same companies that shipped all the jobs over sea, accepted bail outs, not paying any taxes? That should piss you off more than the Illegals.

Im actually surprised the illegals paid taxes in the first place.

Every time I see a thread about the "illegals" I know what is to follow, its all divide and conquer, keep us fighting each other and we wont fight them.

this is what these threads sound like to me.

edit on 10-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So I'm a little lost here. How are they paying taxes and receiving refunds when they are illegals which means, they do not have a social security number. I can't even claim my kids or even file without SS#s.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What they are doing is coming up with nieces/nephews that may or may not live in the U.S and may be given the ITIN – or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number .

“If someone already has an ITIN we have no way of determining at our level if they qualify for the credit unless we go through extensive inquiry,” he said. “We don’t know if the claimed dependents who now have ITIN numbers are actually present in the U.S. We are instructed at the field office that we are not the ITIN police.”

So basically, they are collecting a sh#t load of money in refunds on bogus dependents because the gov. workers fail to double check the information. There could be as many as 8 or 9 kids claimed that don't even live in the U.S.

Sorry but that's a crock of dung in my opinion....
edit on 10-5-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
So I'm a little lost here. How are they paying taxes and receiving refunds when they are illegals which means, they do not have a social security number. I can't even claim my kids or even file without SS#s.

"The ITIN – or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number – is a nine-digit tax-processing number assigned by the IRS to individuals who are obligated to file a federal tax return but do not have or are not eligible for a Social Security Number."

There is much fraud and it is an outrage that these people are claiming kids who do not and never have lived here.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by benrl

What they are doing is coming up with nieces/nephews that may or may not live in the U.S and may not be given the ITIN – or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number .

“If someone already has an ITIN we have no way of determining at our level if they qualify for the credit unless we go through extensive inquiry,” he said. “We don’t know if the claimed dependents who now have ITIN numbers are actually present in the U.S. We are instructed at the field office that we are not the ITIN police.”

So basically, they are collecting a sh#t load of money in refunds on bogus independents because the gov. workers fail to double check the information. There could be as many as 8 or 9 kids claimed that don't even live in the U.S.

Sorry but that's a crock of dung in my opinion....

OK, so I thought I would educate myself a little further on this because the whole IRS system confuses the hell out of me.

I found this on Wikipedia:

The program was created in 1996 for the purpose of tax filing of individuals without a social security account number. Receiving an ITIN number does not in itself confer the right to work and receive income in the United States.

In 2006 1.4 million people used ITIN when filing taxes. Federal tax law prohibits the IRS from sharing data with other government agencies including the Department of Homeland Security, assuring unauthorized aliens that the tax information will be confidential and will not be used to initiate removal procedures.

ITINs are also used by real estate brokers to facilitate mortgages for unauthorized aliens
(Source)

So basically, the illegals can obtain and ITIN and live free and clear in the US because Federal Tax Law prohibits the IRS from sharing data to the agencies that enforce the laws of citizenship. It even gives them the right to hold a mortgage. Unbelievable!!!!

We tell them they can't be in the country, but we give them a way to work, pay taxes, get refunds, and purchase a home. Talk about double standards.
edit on 10-5-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

What irks me is how they can "claim" bogus dependents of the kids regardless of who they are or where they are to receive a large refund. Kinda like how the others play the wel-fare system. And the gov. workers never check to verify their information.

Total BS!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The people who complain about aliens getting money for having dependents are the very people who set up the whole "get paid to bring children into the world" idea. If you are like me and cautious about reproducing you get taxed more to pay for some idiot's kid, while he get a tax break of a few thousand per kid. It is not a problem with aliens, it is a problem with the breeders and the tax laws they set up.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There needs to be a computerized high security encrypted system to replace the current SSN system. I think biometrics are the way to go. Perhaps a SHA-512 hash of a fingerprint metric, or the hash of something else that is unique to each individual and cannot be reproduced. This SSN thing is too outdated and easy to scam.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The I.R.S whistle-blowing on illegal immigrants in a riddle within itself.

Its like the Mafia snitching on the Drug Lords! The reason this works is because one downright false system feeds the other. By tangling with the machine you become consumed with it.

These types of stories just feed the "illegal" immigrant machine, so we can look away from the actual system that steals for legal citizens.

Here's how it works.

A thread such as this comes along, and people see bits of quotes, they look at the quotes, search for that and miss everything else. I am sure that most people just because the word "illegals" have looked into only the info pertaining to subject, and never bothered to look before.

Its sad that there are many threads on ATS about the system robbing legal citizens, freeman subjects, the banking cartel, IRS fraudulently taxing citizens, and yes.... much , much more, and those are ignored.

What a shame really.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
There needs to be a computerized high security encrypted system to replace the current SSN system. I think biometrics are the way to go. Perhaps a SHA-512 hash of a fingerprint metric, or the hash of something else that is unique to each individual and cannot be reproduced. This SSN thing is too outdated and easy to scam.

The thing is people are not angry that some of the dependents do not exist, they are angry that there are so many. The invent a dependent scam is not solely used by illegal aliens.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The invent a dependent scam is not solely used by illegal aliens.

Yup.
But apparently it's ok for US citizens to file false tax returns. No outrage over that? Ah, I know. It's a citizen's right to cheat because of the inequities of the system but not for illegal immigrants.

I guess the point behind the ITIN is a good idea. Better to get something from the immigrants than nothing. But any system is subject to abuse.

I wonder how the revenue gained compares to that lost to fraud.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is a huge amount of money owed to illegal immigrants who never filed to get their return. I bet it is more than the money in the fake dependent scam.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What may be worse in the future is that these nieces/nephews are getting a paper trail that may allow them to go to collage or get a step ahead.

They may be living in Mexico but the US records now show they are living in the US.

If a new amnesty for illegals has any provisions for children living in the US for years these children now can use these US government records to prove they have been in the US for years when they had not.

All they have to do is cross the border and claim they have been here for years.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Jeez I didn't even think of that. Good point! Something better change soon.

top topics

join