It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of One American

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

Thanks for the encouragement, it is good to hear, just because some here think I am crying a river, and that was the furtherest thing from my mind when I started this thread. It is demoralizing when it is fellow Americans tearing you down for speaking out about something that is happening to all of us, but I am like a duck in that regards,, water off my back, I have had to deal with worse kinds of people. Thanks again,,

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by OatDelphi

Thanks for the encouragement, it is good to hear, just because some here think I am crying a river, and that was the furtherest thing from my mind when I started this thread. It is demoralizing when it is fellow Americans tearing you down for speaking out about something that is happening to all of us, but I am like a duck in that regards,, water off my back, I have had to deal with worse kinds of people. Thanks again,,

Don't give up on us yet. Fact of the matter is people notice the negative more than they notice the positive. Don't let anything get through to you, disregard it as irrelevant.

You may walk by people everyday who simply smile at you and react with kindness, but inside their mind they are very aware of what is happening and they are just as angry as you about everything. Some people still believe in empathy, though you may not see it and they may not show it. Good intentions are mostly invisible in a world filled with corruption and because of the nature of the world empathy might even have to be hidden.

On the other hand most people who are empathic or believe in the sanctity of life come across as weak because of it. There is no reason you have to appear weak in order to show respect and care for others, you can be aggressive all the same. Aggression is a social status in America, in order to speak to some people (men mostly), you have to speak in the language of strength and aggression else nothing gets through.

Understand people and you'll understand that the people trying to tear you down are actually weaker than you, walk right past them; there are more important things than some idiots ego exercises.
edit on 22-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

All I think anyone asks here on ATS is that you AT LEAST read a threads very first post.
Helpful hand,, sure,,, seen those kind before,,, very helpful.

I did read your opening post....I responded with this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ANYONE can quit,cause of circumstances.Takes a stronger person to say and do when their body and mind might be telling them to do the opposite. Again,he asked a simple question,and got a rant thrown back at him.

My personal advice was blunt. I give you someone who's advice you cant argue with......

Peace

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thank you for reading the first opening post unlike your friend who admited he did not, and your advice wasn't really that blunt, I understand the sentiment that as Americans we rise up against this sort of thing.
But really, do you think I alone can take down the IRS,, no,, and neither do I,,, thus my ''rant'' against them,,, not the A-wipes who saw nothing more than TWO words that they decided to focus on for the duration.
I wasn't coming out in a Boa screaming "Hey Gurls",,, I causually mentioned that as a Gay Pagan I have faced religious and society's darker side,,, and I have RISEN up against it,, and the dirty little tricks of our Government.
As I said before,, I Used to be proud to be an American,,, and deep down inside I still hold onto the what I believe are the Core American Values of Life Liberty and My Pursuit of Happiness,,, but not at the expense of others,,, nor do I whine about my lot in life,,, Only I have kept me where i am,,, by hard work at two sometimes three jobs at a time.
I feel what is taken from me is totally unfair as large Billion Dollar Profit making companies pay nothing into the system and I am strongarmed into giving out my few coins so President Karhzi in Pakistan can say THANK YOU TAXPAYERS,,,, F that.
I have done everything in my power to disconnect from the bloodsucking companies that do such,,, and on top of working my Jobs,, I am working towards self sufficient living with my own organic garden to feed myself this year. I VOTE every election time. I have done my duty as an American and didn't try to AVOID Jury Duty,, but went KNOWING that a Jury system is all the good that is left in our justice system. I work with charities and my communities food bank,, knowing that I am,, in the bad shape I am in,,, better off than many.
I help support my Sister and her two young children, as Dead Beat Dads are able to disappear and not participate with the children they produce. So,, RISE UP,,,, You DAMN RIGHT I WILL.
My Comment on leaving this country, may have gotten some here pissy and that is fine,,, but we all must admit,,, and I have read some of their own threads were they do,,, America is Falling,, and if we are on the same side,,, Why Put Each Other Down?
It amazes me that those who say they want America to cut out this crap ,, are the ones who attack those who are out in the field working to do so.
I don't need anyones validation for what I do or have done in my life, but seriously the friend you are backing is the one who started a rant by focusing on my Mention of being Gay and Pagan.
If I had said I was a Harley Riding Masonic Red Neck,,,, would it have turned out different...
So,, as I said before,,, the likely hood of me getting the hell out of the Crumbling Fascist Police State America has become are slim,,, and while here,,, I will definitely be a thorn in many peoples side,,, just by virtue of existing I guess.
But asuredly I am NOT Running from anything,,,
First I am HUMAN, then I am a Citizen of the World and being American by birth,, I understand what the Revolution was fought for,,, so sad others don't and can't see that we are at that cross road again,,, it is just a bigger playing field,,, since it is a Global phenomenon.

Thanks for your advice,, and the MLK quote is something I concur with believe it or not.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Thank you, I could not have put it better myself.
It is funny how some look at what I said as a weakness,,, crying a river and all.
Thanks for putting it all into a perspective that is meaningful,, your words are very kind and uplifting.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would also like to say that it might be in your bests interests to call yourself proud to be an American, even if you hold contradictory thoughts. To outcast yourself can be a very dangerous thing in this world, more or less depending on where you live. If you go around shunning America in America every egotistical opportunist in the land will come out of the woodwork to attack you.

You know... when in Rome, do as Romans do.

People have a "witch hunt" mentality that can be very dangerous to you, it's weird and scary. People will mob vilify something to the point where they will unjustly try to imprison or harm others. Examples include: Homosexuals, religions, races, etc and other things that I won't get into now.

Sorry I'm preaching to the choir here.
edit on 22-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Thank you, I could not have put it better myself.
It is funny how some look at what I said as a weakness,,, crying a river and all.
Thanks for putting it all into a perspective that is meaningful,, your words are very kind and uplifting.

Here, your problems are solved.
See the rest of the world, (get out of our hair) get a good education, (do you have any now?)
Send a check home to SIS and have enough left over for do dads.
Impress and dazzle the world !!!! And most of all BE ALL YOU CAN BE on Uncle Sams tab.

Slogans of the United States Army - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogans_of_the_United_States_Army - Similarto Slogans of the United States Army - Wikipedia, the free ...

It briefly replaced the very-popular "Be All You Can Be" and was quickly ... Be All You Can Be was the recruiting slogan of the United States Army for over twenty ...

PS the best part is you can ask and tell.
edit on 5/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: q+a

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I understand completely,,
thanks,,,
you can always preach to the choir,,, sometimes they need to remember the current tune playing....lol

Peace and thanks again

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

I understand completely,,
thanks,,,
you can always preach to the choir,,, sometimes they need to remember the current tune playing....lol

Peace and thanks again

Woo HOO you like songs

Born This Way: Five Gay Songs in Honor of Obama's Support ...
blogs.pho enixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/05/gay_marriage_gay_songs.php

May 10, 2012 ... On Wednesday, President Obama affirmed his support of same-sex marriage in the United States, a position that's evolved over...

edit on 5/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: YOU ARE L

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Back to the original thought of this thread....

Taxes Suck,, now I admit I never have been conventional in my thoughts on this subject, but I also have never said that taxes are not needed. My bitch and moan is about how it has been a long time,,,, at least the past 50 years or so,,, that Americans should have been aware of what the money was going to and seen that Big Mistakes were taking place inside our government,,, and stepped in and stopped it before it got to this point,,
but as is said here on ATS so much

False Flags Happen.

Giving our money away for the past fifty years our congresses have screwed us to the table. Sold us out to Banks, China and god knows who else behind the scenes we will never know about? Not to mention the Big Multinational corps,, who move freely around the world screwing humanity over and over again

Why are we not up in arms?
Are Americans that sedated?
What is the CAUSE of Our Collective INACTION?
I wonder.

Anyway,, we all know,,, the tax man cometh...
Well, let me tell you,, they Love that you Feel the Powerlessness that is incased in the Codes and Laws they hold over your head.

"Oh Well ,,, what can you do?"

Ditch 32,000 pages for something more simple and fair to a broader base,,, other than the Elite and Rich?
Flat/Fair I don't Care,,, but SOMETHING has to Give on this issue.

Oh that's right,, the government ,,, Gave tax breaks to companies that make BILLIONS in Profit,, and some even still got tax rebates and or breaks,,,, pretty cool for them,,, and those same companies want me to pay them,,,

I don't think so.... they are the enemy to me now

You see people it is not just our government that is the problem,,, it is the companies we work and shop with too.
it has to change or
America goes the way of the Dodo bird.

The main question here is ::
What is the CAUSE of Our Collective INACTION?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I had to laugh at myself for this threads ability to bomb. Actually not funny, but evidently the mood of the people. Such is life on ATS

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm an American and I've lived abroad since the early 1990s. I often wish I could go back, but I can't, not really, for reasons I'm not going to get into. My life has become very good but it took me a long time to get to a good place. There was no less struggle abroad for me than in America, and in fact almost certainly more.

Remember this....when you run away you aren't just running from something, you are running toward something. Ask yourself this: What are you running towards? Is your idea of this goal realisitic or some silly cartoon fantasy? Do you have a backup plan in case your fantasy doesn't work out? What makes you think its going to be better there than anywhere else? Do you really have a clue about what you are walking into? Do you have a solid, realistic plan for putting food on the table and a roof over your head? It's no game.

And even if you have all that nailed down, here's something else: Wherever you go you will always be an American and people will react to you that way - forever. In fact, you will feel far more American abroad than you would at home, because every day you are going to be reminded that you are different from the people around you.

You aren't a "citizen of the world," that's nonsense, even if it looks good on paper. Nobody is. No matter how many times you tell yourself this, its just not the way other people are going to treat you. We have nations for a reason, they are survival tools, and they aren't something that can be shrugged off lightly like changing a pair of pants. No matter how bad you want it to be that way, that's not the world we live in.

If you can't embrace these facts while abroad, you will become very, very bitter. This is, in fact, what happens to many long-term expats.

You should only leave your country if you love it. Otherwise its weakness.

edit on 8/1/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I partially agree really. But still Even here, I am a Citizen of the Earth First, no matter what anyone else says.

Humans can keep playing that game, or stand up and walk into the future claiming a unified idea of who we Are.

Regardless of those Nation states, and I understand your comments on always being an American, I am good with that also, yet, still

Human First, and Citizen of the Planet Earth. That is who I am, who you want to be is another story.

I am EarthCitizen23, a NOT OWNED Anymore HUMAN
edit on 8/5/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: inserted link

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think today I finally have given up.

I think no one really cares enough to really do anything as long as they are ''getting by''

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Note to Self.

Actually I didn't 'give up', I LET GO of my Expectations of Others doing anything.

I remembered that I AM THE CHANGE I WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD and that makes it a different situation from being a victim.

The IRS is still an Evil Organization, fully running on the work of only less than 1/2 of the population for the benefit of the other half, and the rest of the world. Alpha Slaves.

That is my conclusion, American Taxpayers are ALPHA SLAVES.

For Those who See and Understand , YOU MUST QUIT FEEDING THE MONSTERS!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join