It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave it to "Fair and Balanced" Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
When Obama announced his support for Gay Marriage the story Fox News posted was:

OBAMA FLIP FLOPS ON GAY MARRIAGE

Add another reason to the list not to watch/read Fox News

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Dang - I guess we'll have to toss ABC news in there with Fox too then..

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

The ABC article opens with...

President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

But - do they have proof to back such allegations??!!!

The announcement completes a turnabout for the president, who has opposed gay marriage throughout his career in national politics....

In 2004, as a candidate for the U.S. Senate, he cited his own religion in framing his views: "I'm a Christian. I do believe that tradition and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

He maintained that position through his 2008 presidential campaign, and through his term as president, until today.

They do!!

Everyone changes their mind now and then - even Presidents. News organizations on both sides of the fence are going to point it out when it happens. One side will label it a flip/flop the other an evolution. Which you agree with just depends on which side of the fence you set on - if either.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Uh, how is it NOT a flip flop?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
When Obama announced his support for Gay Marriage the story Fox News posted was:

OBAMA FLIP FLOPS ON GAY MARRIAGE

Add another reason to the list not to watch/read Fox News

Fox reporting the FACTS. Oh the horror, one more reason to never watch it...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Was there ever any doubt that he supports it? He is the epitome of Progressive Liberalism, so of course he supports it. Right now he is just trying to shore up some votes. Ron Paul's interview with Cavuto tonight addressed this and Ron Paul said that he thinks that government should stay out of all marriage, and then people could marry whoever they wish, and define marriage however they want. I think that Ron Paul's view on it will be much more popular among the gay community.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
He didn't flip flop suddenly. It was an evolution of shifting opinion. There was a clip of him on CNN that showed clips of him from 2008, 2010, 2011 & 2012 where he gradually changes his opinion in support of it. To call it a flip flop is bull sh*t & typical fox news behavior.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
To call it a flip flop is bull sh*t & typical fox news behavior.

Yeah, because he's "your guy". You gonna say the same thing when Romney says he's against socialized healthcare?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I never watch fox news...wait I never even watch the news anymore. Why watch the news when you can find info faster on sites like ATS?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Hey man, he's not my guy. I didn't vote for him. I love FOX News & watch it when I'm in need of a good laugh! On another note you're the one guy who knows some trippy sonar stuff about gigantic creatures living in the sea right? I can't find that one thread. I know you can't divulge classified info but can you shoot me over some links so I can read up & do some research? I thought it was fascinating. Thank you sir!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I can't stand any of the mainstream talking head news stations.
PM to be sent...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
He also stated that he would not use federal resources to oppose state passed laws in certain areas. He is a flip flopper and has been from the beginning. Raids in California, Colorado etc.

My nickname for him is "the capitulator in chief".

He caves.."but with reservations" .

Another good name might be bizarro president as whatever he claims in speeches....he does the opposite.

He is George W's equal in every way..except he offered hope before he greased us up.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
He also stated that he would not use federal resources to oppose state passed laws in certain areas. He is a flip flopper and has been from the beginning. Raids in California, Colorado etc.

Personally, I'd like to see the highest ranking law enforcement officer in each county (the Sheriff) arrest the federal agents. Funny, he has no problem opposing Arizona's laws on immigration. Obama is one of the most dangerous people we've ever had in office. He makes Bush look like a school boy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The point i'm trying to make is Fox took a very positive story, that people should be happy about, and turned it into a negative one.

new topics

top topics

join