It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Reaffirms Support for Traditional Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Romney Reaffirms Support for Traditional Marriage
Breitbart -- by Ben Shapiro

Hot on the heels of Obama's announcement in support of gay marriage, Romney has stated he opposes the idea.

Romney however supports domestic-partnership benefits.

Very controversial.

Obama has changed his mind from 4 years ago.

Will Romney ? Probably not.

Today, in response to Barack Obama’s announcement that his evolution was now complete and that he had evolved into a supporter of same-sex marriage, Mitt Romney reaffirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage. Romney stated:

My position is the same on gay marriage and it’s been well, from the beginning, and that is that marriage is a relation between a man and a woman. That’s the posture I had as governor and I have that today.

Romney also stated that he did not support civil unions that were identical to marriage in all but name. He did affirm his support for domestic-partnership benefits, hospital visitation rights, and other similar measures.

Romney’s position will certainly play better in swing states like Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania than Obama’s. In the aftermath of North Carolina’s decision to uphold traditional marriage, Obama’s decision is certainly puzzling politically. Romney suddenly finds himself the defender of a popular position, particularly in blue collar states.

Obama, in 2008:
here is a Youtube & Caption:

Uploaded by deltaman099xyz on Aug 20, 2008

At the Saddleback Civil Forum, Barack Obama addressed his definition of marriage.

While he said he believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, he also said that he would not support a Constitutional definition of marriage as so.

His argument is that marriage has not been defined by the federal government, traditionally. He said that it is up to the states to decide

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why it is anyones business what two adults of sound mind do when it comes to marriage is beyond me. I think we have bigger problems then this.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Why it is anyones business what two adults of sound mind do when it comes to marriage is beyond me. I think we have bigger problems then this.

I think this is the only thing I've ever agreed with you on.. Dare I star?
Done.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Then he doesnt support Bachmann who supports him, Her husband is an admitted "pray the gay away" guy. Not only did he pray his own gay away, he helps others do it. Jesus help me make it go away

new topics

top topics

join