It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bible Real?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Now THAT is the kind of contribution I keep looking for in these threads.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I was not supposed to be where I was at, in Astral Form, and this Being ordered me back, and I was flung back into my body with such force, I suffered with psychic shock all the next day. My point here, that guy was not a God, to me, so God has to be a lot higher, right?

Boy do I know what you mean! I had a similar experience. His energy was so strong, full of love and light, that it felt like I was standing under Niagra Falls.

Telepathicly, I asked "Are you god?"

He answered, "No, but I've been in his presence and now your in mine."

He flung me into a past life, where I was an American Indian medicine woman, and I spent the next several hours, in a Buddha position, praying with "strong medicine," seeing visions of other past lives, and grappling with my purpose this lifetime.

I can't wait until I'm ready to meet him again!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
To me, the bible, especially the part with Christ, is about raising frequency

I disagree.

To be one means you are free of distractions. You, are not caged by others beliefs, you have no boundaries. If you believe in the bible then you are caged within it's beliefs. There is nothing more for you to learn, once you learn it.

Religion actually cages you here, in this phase.

The entire rest of your post I agree with, good day.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was brought up as a catholic, but even as a child I did not believe the teaching they gave me. It was all full of pomp and giving MONEY! Praying to idols and the like. We were told even natural things like masturbation are evil etc.

Then when I was 18 I spoke with some friends regarding religion. To my surprise they did actually answer some questions I had that at the time seemed to make sense. They were talking from the perspective of jehovahs witnesses. At the time it sounded so logical and it made sense to me. I studied the bible with them for about 6 months or more. We would study 4 days a week.

As the studies went on I got more and more questions and it started to lose the logical position it once had. There were parts where god would kill children etc, he even wiped out the entire world at one stage, bar noah of course. Many innocent children would of died. I couldn't take that as being okay. Still for many years I actually still sort of preached about their teachings even though I was having doubts myself and not studying anymore.

I did it out of embarrassment, during my studies I had told many people and preached to many people and I couldn't bare to admit that I had been duped! I felt silly so subconsciously perpetuated the myth. I've got over it now and can admit my error.

During my studies I was told how satan had challenged god about the praise he was receiving from us. Satan wanted some praise too as he was more powerful than us. God selfishly said NO! Why? Why would he be so selfish? Why would he be a hypocrite? Why would god want any praise at all? He supposedly created us out of pure love (so I was told). So why the NEED for praise? Even to the point he would deny his angels some too. So anyway god cast satan down to earth to "test us". He is supposed to be prowling around earth like a lion waiting to devour someone! Nice, thanks god! lol... You were selfish and then sent us down satan and some demons? Yes a loving god indeed.

There are many other things that do not add up! In fact I watched red state last night. And if you are to believe the bible the preacher in that film is RIGHT and how you SHOULD be! LOL...

I respect anyone to believe whatever they like! I'm just glad I finally woke up!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
with all respect

the Bible is true and the Word of God.

edit on 11-5-2012 by ccsct203 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

but the Bible makes such a crappy history book, it's incredible.

Imagine that ?
How do you know ? Because of history books ? I thought history books were the lies ? Being products of the victors of wars ? Who are you to decide what is a lie and what isn't ?
edit on 11-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

So do you believe there is just no understanding the points you've brought up ?
How do you think others find reason to your questions ? Or do you think you're the only one smart enough to ask them ? I have been able to find sense in every point you bring up.. In fact the whole Bible makes perfect sense to me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am not the only one to bring the questions up, of that I'm sure. I don't believe I'm the smartest person on earth, do you think you are? Nowhere did I say I was so not sure where that even came from. I was merely sharing my story!

You find sense in the fact that the bible teaches you not to be selfish, but the guy that supposedly inspired the book is selfish? You think that's okay? You think that this loving creator is lovingly sending down a bunch of demons to devour us? lol... Look there is no point in arguing about this to be honest. I was once stubborn like you on this subject. It was out of embarrassment of being wrong. I'm not saying that is why you still believe.

At the end of the day it is everyones choice to believe what they like. I do not believe, it is not out of ignorance, I have studied but it makes no sense to ME, is that okay with you?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
yes its real, allah send it to all humanity but some ppl changed it then allah send last one, yes its kuran and no one can change it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

is that okay with you?

Of course it is. And if I came on strong it might have been because you sounded as if no sense could be made of God being selfish or whatever your point was. Anyway so now what do you believe in ?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I might be being dumb here but... why does it have to be real?

I don't see god and the bible as being exclusive. I don't see anything in the bible other than a mostly a good code of how to live your life and how to treat others (although not read it since I was a kid, explains a few things) There's no way it could validate the existance of god and shouldn't be any way it could invalidate that.

I believe in a god btw.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There being no sense in god being selfish while telling us not to be selfish is merely one point I was making. There was more to it than that. If you can make sense out of it then more power to you. I've even seen a thread yesterday where people were justifying pedophilia! Not saying it is the same just illustrating the fact that people can try to justify anything.

Why must I "believe" anything at all? I am just me, I enjoy my life with my kids and I try to better myself so that they can have it easier than I have. Along the way I take each thing as it comes. I will consider each piece of information on it's own merit.

One thing I know is that religion is a great distraction from life, it has allowed us to be manipulated and has kept us busy, much like sport and entertainment. So that we do not get involved with things that really are happening right now in our real lives. Like politics and the economy etc. People are far too busy watching TV or going to church or watching a football game so they do not know what is going on behind closed doors within our governments.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Why must I "believe" anything at all? I

I never said you must. It just seems funny to me, that you said at one time the JWs made perfect sense with what they were saying. Then later on not so much sense could be made of the questions you had. So I surmized, that you must have found something that made more sense and I was just curious as to what that was ? Didn't mean to pry.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was 18 when I learned about the jehovahs witnesses, I'm now 31. My brain make up has changed and so you can not compare what I thought 9 years ago. When I was 6 or so santa claus seemed very real and logical to me too. What changed? I grew up, I gained more information...

It came across as though I must believe something, so what it is? lol.

To me life is an ever evolving experience and people often change their minds when they are presented with new information. Or sometimes when no information can be provided.

I wasn't concerned with your "prying", I didn't even feel as though you were. I'll answer anything you want. I thought you were being presumptuous, and you were by your own admission. "i must have found something else". No I just found that what i once believe didn't make much sense to me anymore.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Absolutely, the problem is about 800 years ago - some rich people took some of the books it once contained out. and that is why they are called Illuminated ones - because they know the whole story - at least that is what my alien friend beamed into my head. they use these extra books to stay ahead of the masses -- these with this knowledge are what we call Satinist... and then I woke up. sorry cant remember anymore. hopefully your good at following bread crumbs.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Alright then. I can leave you with this much. We do agree that religion is a big distraction. And something no one needs to bother with IMO. Religion being of man.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The man in a AMEN RA head dress doesnt believe ..... ok ..... read the book of the dead - then the 10 commandments - Mose worshipped the Moon and Abraham the Sun... and I dont recall any athiest - when mortars are in bound. but I heard a lot of people talking to GOD.
edit on 11-5-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
Absolutely, the problem is about 800 years ago - some rich people took some of the books it once contained out. and that is why they are called Illuminated ones - because they know the whole story - at least that is what my alien friend beamed into my head. they use these extra books to stay ahead of the masses -- these with this knowledge are what we call Satinist... and then I woke up. sorry cant remember anymore. hopefully your good at following bread crumbs.

Oh really !

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yea Really,

htt*://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_rrTs_WfQ

you can tell truth from fiction cant you - maybe you should consult Zythia my Alien Friend - just say his name 3 times and go to sleep.
edit on 11-5-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: links edited

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's not often I come to agreement with somebody on here! lol So thank you for that. Good to come to an amicable conclusion for once.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join