It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bible Real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The nuclear industry. Splitting an atom. Horton Hears a Who! For all we know, we could be an infinite inwards universe/school, neslted on the beach of yet another infinity, and atoms all could be infinite inwards as well.

What I see that is redeeming in the bible is the example of Christ, the one who sought through perfecting himself ie, doing the work he came to do, being of Service to Others, his Higher Self and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Peace and Love that is the Indwelling Spirit of the All, and we all have this connection to Source if we are not numbing it out through weeds, programs and harming self or others.

Matthew 11:29

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Please keep all discussion polite and respectful.

First off - LOL. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Need I remind you, Starchild, of your antics in yesterday's thread regarding Biblical stories and accounts ? If you don't remember, I'll quote one of your statements in that thread (your first, actually) -

I like the one where Jesus died...it made me laugh.

But, I digress. Let me rebuttal a few of your "points" and "opinions".

My personal stance: the Bible isn't required for people to behave. And anyone who has to read a lie every day in order to have hope...well, I don't know what to say to that, except "ooh, harsh."

No, the Bible isn't required for people to behave. That's not the point of the Bible. The Bible is God's Written Word, and it was written so one can see the relationship between man and God and how it got to where it is today - and more importantly, how one can inherent salvation. The OT shows how man failed the law, couldn't do it, and was destined for Hell. The NT tells how God came in the flesh, fulfilled the law, testified to the truth, and through Jesus we are saved.

That's the story of the Gospel in a nutshell.

As far as the "authenticity" of the scripture, here's a fairly good article to read regarding the 1 John scripture.

Now, as far as the actual context of the verse in John, the problem arises from whether the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all three in one or not. I propose, to you, Starchild, that even if this scripture wasn't so hotly debated, you would still not believe. Oohh, harsh indeed.

Even if this Scripture was never "added" as it's claimed to have been, and always was in there original texts - or WASN'T - either way, there's other scriptures that agree there there are three distinct "persons", all of which are the same God.

1) The Father is God
John 6:27
Romans 1:7
1 Peter 1:2

2) The Son is God
John 1:1
Romans 9:5
Colossians 2:9
Hebrews 1:8
1 John 5:20

3) The Spirit is God
Acts 5:3-4
1 Corinthians 3:16

All Three are One, and One is Three.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
Yes, the B.I.B.L.E. is real. To those that BELIEVE. It's a FAITH THING.

Here's the real deal.....the majority of people have never STUDIED the WORD of God, for themselves. They briefly skimmed through it...and think they "know" something. You don't know SQUAT about God's WORD. How do i know? You still BORROW!!! And, if you had studied God's WORD, you would have known that God said: "Do NOT BORROW, for the BORROWER IS SLAVE TO THE LENDER!" So many KEYS, to living a victorious life on earth...in God's WORD. Too bad 99% of the population is TOO LAZY to study it; or too RELIGIOUS to understand it. Religious people can be found in and OUT of church. God is an AWESOME GOD and HIS laws are just and fair. Unlike the B.S. system/world we live in. We take EVERYTHING "they" say as gospel.

Hmmm, who are you attempting to convince here, us, or your own self? I am one who has read the Bibles, and yes, there are more than one. I made it a research project, I didn't make it into some little box of faith to live in. And I hate to be the one who said it, but friend, you do not know squat about "God's word". First you would have to define who God is, and then produce eye witnesses who heard him/her speak. And the Bible is not God's word either, it is Man's words. Written my men, for men to read.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Only one verse is all of the Bible clearly states the three are one, and it is proven to have been introduced by the Church, and not by "eyewitnesses", all of whom disagree on a number of topics in any case.

For proof, see the OP.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
fforget that its a holy book for a minute, say you picked it up in a book shoop for the first time ever and had a good read. would you beleive the events in that book were real?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Its not the numbers of time a verse is included that make it real or not, there are codes everywhere, and on top of the codes, there are interpretation issues.....

Here is a singleton, and a jewel beyond compare, much linked to Christ and the precious pearl, and the Kingdom of Heaven being within us, and to seek (not outer, ie Church, inner, for we are the Temples):

Genesis 32;30

So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved."

By the way many interpretations of the Trinity. Body/Mind/Soul or

Father/Mother/Son(Child)

As above so Below.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I am very much interested in such verses, because they hold clues to the true nature of god. What if god is, as I have stated, energy of a very high vibration?

Such energy would be detrimental to human health at extended periods of exposure.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Nope. And I wouldn't really enjoy it, either...lack of plot, lots of idiots, and plenty of egotistical deities...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well mainly its our Stargate, pineal that creates the Ascension, or what Christ depicts as being the way back home.

To me the energy or higher frequency of Family/God/Godness is, Love. Undoing karma, pain and hurt. Healing and Forgiveness for all.

Seeing our lives not as how much we can give to ourselves, but as a job we came into do, and doing it service to others (with balance, win/win, for that is also an important lesson to learn, to be merciful to others and to have that to self as well, to see equality as important, including yourself in it or you're harming your temple).

if the diamonds in the sky line up, and the Greater Light comes in, wil we be able to stand in its Frequency? Love!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think that's what we're all waiting for...

But first, we have to let go of these chains. And that includes recognizing the Bible for what it is. A story book of morals, not a text book.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I think that's what we're all waiting for...

But first, we have to let go of these chains. And that includes recognizing the Bible for what it is. A story book of morals, not a text book.

It's a "story book of morals" for those who don't want to admit there's a God, because if they do that, they also have to admit there are rules to this life, and if they do that, they won't be able to chase after their own lustful desires without feeling guilty and worried they're going to burn for eternity.

For those who do believe - the Bible is the Word of God, written for those who wish to understand God and get to know Him better, as anyone would do in a relationship - get to know the other person better.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I don't think it will help some to let go of the bible. Its not so much saying no to religions, but freeing the consciousness in the beliefs and overcoming the fear programmed to not seek further, so that one can begin to be more comfortable in discernment, ie. see the negative stuff in the religions and say, no to it. Not harm. See only Love and Goodness, as real, be grown up enough to be able to pick up any book fiction or fact, and pull away only the positive and ignore the rest.

What is harmful, and keeps many strongly in their reiligious boxes, afraid to seek further or trust themselves even, their own conscience, is the rules that are constantly give, not to seek outside the Church, meditation is frowned on, all psychic is demonology, if you walk away you are going to hell.

I left the Catholic Church for the Protestant, and then spent years off and on going to Church, until I could just be honest and take only what is Love with me, in my 20's. It was not easy to even leave the first Church, and spent a long time in prayer until I had a vision.

Saw myself as a little child on a beach, pickign up each grain of sand and looking at it from all sides and putting it in the bucket. And instantly I saw that I was just a toddler, so why worry about issues the so called eagles of theology couldn't agree on.

And then I still had fear, holding me back once I went to a new Church and had another vision of a huge ball and chain on my ankle. Did I want to stay chained?

So the Fear is very real, and they keep people with fear. That should be a clue but, its not, no one wishes to go against the will of Goodness or Faith in Goodness, either. They want to take no chances.

Then again, there is another element that concerns me with all Faiths, ALL OF THEM, the codings to Saturn, including the Black Box at Mecca. ALL of them.

The leaders of all the religions are knowingly handing people over to their rituals and to their demigods or negatives basically.

People need to run with only the intention and beliefs in their own hearts which undo all the codings. The Family of Goodness Above springs ALL the traps. Its about growing our Love not if we are able to out think the eagles of theology, we're all that 3 year old picking up the grains of sand and putting them in the bucket.

I think its not possible for everyone to see through the Bible or see through religions, but it is possible to get more and more to focus on the positive passages and shelf the rest and to run with intentions in their heart so there are no codings or traps or days allgned to ancient rituals, that don't matter, it doesnt matter what day you choose if you are Love inside, and you only follow Love.

Because by the dark sides plans to entrap people with their ritual days, they instead have transformed those days to grass roots love. In other words, Family redeemed all days via the love in the hearts of the people who only see goodness in them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well back today to check out the opinions and it is definitely interesting.! Is the bible real? There is no definitive answer to that in this timeline. Everyone has their own opinion of what they think it is.
Do I think it is the Word of God? Not in the sense that God sent every word of it to the writers and is flawless. If that is the true nature of God as is written in the Bible and every word is truth, then I think it is one of the scariest books ever written!
The things that He did to his children are horrifying. There was no love, no compassion for humans that really had no defence against a Powerful Almighty God.
Why order the Chosen to go out to war against their enemies (and to add.).give specific instructions on how to kill these enemies. ??? There is no logic in that...after all He is God....did He not create this magnificent Universe? How awesome is that? He could easily done it without all the violence and gruesome deaths.
If everyone is truly God's children, then why did He have a favourite group? That doesn't sound right either. He seemed to have no emotional attachments to any other groups. Why is that? He is God....It sounds more like the traits of humans than a God.
But even good human parents don't go out killing their children because they did wrong.
There is so much that is not logical and yes..I have heard it a million times. Gods ways are not our ways. Yes they are too.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Look at it this way (no, you don't have to agree, but just consider it):

Humans are so afraid of the unknown that they want an absolute given. Since there really are no givens in life, except for that one thing that is unkown (go figure) death, they decide they want to give all of their power and responsibility to a deity that can control everything. Sounds just a little too convenient, methinks.

And so they are given a passage that guarantees survival throughout the ages, but they become so comfortable with the idea (it's kind of hard to adhere to something you disagree with, especially when disagreement, for security purposes, is stomped into the dirt) that when they become mature enough to step away from it, they refuse to.

It was a security blanket...and while jumping from the nest seems scary at best, there's no other way to fly.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Here's a quote for you...and no, it doesn't come from the Bible.

Hey, crazy [person], I believe in God, too. I just don't think he's the bloodthirsty ***hole you make him out to be.

Props to Stephen King for his religious insights.

So, does that answer your accusation?
edit on CThursdaypm090930f30America/Chicago10 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I used to watch a TV space named "Mysteries of the Bible" or something like that, which I liked because of the intervention of Israeli archeologists who gave a real view of some Bible passages. On one occasion, they said that King Salomon's existence has not even been verified. As to King David, yes, because his name appears on a very ancient stone as the signature of the monument. Not even any remains of the construction of the two Salomon temples, nor their destruction were found during the excavations... Apparently, the description of the luxurious temples corresponds to a real temple-palace in Syria. I was very upset. I remembered the incursions of the Knights Templar, who were after the sacred objects such as the Ark of the Covenant, etc., who should have believed every word in the Bible.

Some time afterwards, another space on the TV mentioned the two temples and gave all kind of explanations about how the excavations cannot be pursued further because of the Rock Mosque... In short, what to think?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ceman43

I've heard the Knights Templar were invented for one purpose: to guard the records revealing the true fate of Mary and Jesus, as well as their daughter, Sarah.

The records still have not been found, as far as public knowledge goes.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Reply to Starchild23

Thank you. I used to read a lot about the Knights before it became so fashionable and an inspiration to esoteric-fiction writers. I never heard what you say before. It seems that the Knights were mystic but also fond of earthly possessions. So they create in Europe a vast net of "holdings" and this resulted in their annihilation by the king of France. Near my town there is a wonderful church built in the XI century which still belongs to the Order that inherited in my country (it's not France) their possessions.

Could you give me some clue as to what you mention in your previous post regarding Jesus, Mary and Sarah? Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join