It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Bible Real?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
This is my last response to you, regarding this argument.

I wasn't arguing with you. YOU got all pissy. Not me.

I'm not in the mood for your games. Have a good one.

I answered your question just fine. I didn't play games.
I take back those nice U2Us I sent you last week.
You aren't the kind of thoughtful poster I thought you were.

Enjoy yourself. Bu-bye. :shk:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I never said there was nothing valuable in it. I stated that the fact that it is quite often taken for historical truth is a little narrow-minded, considering most of the dialogue can't even be proven to happen, the town itself is questionable, and there may never have been a Jesus of Nazareth.

Something that is clearly fact, would never be so completely questioned, considering all allegations would have ben debunked numerous times...and yet, we continue to have questions with no answers, and history with no logic.

That's my point.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh, those? Haha...they made me laugh before I deleted them.

Sorry, guilt trips stopped working on me after my mother got into the habit.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

edit on 10-5-2012 by wildtimes because: running out of troll food...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I am blatant, and straightforward, and very critical, and that is often taken as rude by a society who believes that homosexuality is wrong and you need to bow to a god who will kill you if you don't believe in him.

Of course I'm a douche.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
redacted
edit on 10-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

What the hell does homosexual rights or murder in the name of God have to do with me?

I follow no religion, I follow no holy book.

I am a normal ass man, trying desperately to live an altruistic life of love and compassion. I try hard as hell to break down the walls of separation created by Ego, nationalism, religious superiority, race, skin color, wealth, physical looks, intellect, skill, social class, caste, political ideology, and all the other superficial things we separate ourselves from our fellow humans.

I love all life. The Sun, water, Earth, plants, animals, and humans. Everything is my family.

So tell me again why you attack me with such a threat of burying me? You really want to kill me? WTF....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The only Light that shines in that collection of myth/ET history/and agenda, and one that has been translated (out of 70 possible translations for some of the texts too at that) very poorly, according to agenda even, is CHRIST, whether real or metaphor. That is the best message for the way home, but you have to separate it from the rest for that is depciting something other than Love, something with very conditional love and alot of ability to harm people for all sorts of agendas.

I personally see the words, "I and my Father are one and the same" to me, Yeshua IS His Higher Self. But mostly I just see the examples, to within, to connect to Source, to have Unconditional Love, to be Gentle of Heart and have faith in Goodness becuase no matter how people differ in interpretation of WHO Source is, if we're walking in the footsteps of ministry or waking up and weeding our gardens of programs and weaknesses by intent and seeking help to heal, having Faith in Goodness, the actual way it is will be revealed, the curtain will lift, we all pass over to the truth, and no one is expected to figure it all out, they're expected to notice traps even in their religions that are anti-Love and say no to those.

To see through the programming, by a simple hear of Love. To live in their hearts.

The test isn't which religon you join, its how much you love and try to overcome your weaknesses and if possible help others, the last part is very dependent on circumstance and ability.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think the ACTUAL mod in attendance of this thread made a pretty good point, along with wildtimes here (thanks, both of you.
) in showing that just like anything in nature, the Bible has rough patches interspersed with gold mines...

And wildtimes has very helpfully revealed what the original composer of the modern Bible was trying to do, something I wasn't aware of.

So the question here: take the Bible literally? No. Take lessons from it? Yes. Which ones? The ones that don't harm other people, and will bring you peace and prosperity.

Unfortunately, human nature seems to deny this philosophy with a vengeance. What's ATS's take on this?
edit on CThursdayam363654f54America/Chicago10 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My personal opinion is that god, whatever or whoever that is, is the higher version of all of us. The question is, how to become like that god?

It's a complicated issue...and I am afraid to start a thread on it, considering all the sheeple in attendance. What do you guys think?
edit on CThursdayam040458f58America/Chicago10 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You want to act all self-righteous and talk about off-topic posts and reporting people for it?

Starchild threatened me with death on ATS. This member should have been banned for that! But I don't go around "Reporting" people. I bang it out in debate.

So in your opinion my posts in this thread are worse than Starchild threatening to bury me?

Insanity!

edit on 5/10/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Once again, you are derailing the thread. I have made no threats toward you (I am not pathetic enough to threaten people on the internet
) and I do not intend to.

Please remain on topic from this point forward.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That is one idea, but I was shown something relating to this, because many of us see God as All, some of us don't see this as ALL of the universe like Law of One, but All of Soul/Consciousness/Light. But we are eternal beings, and if we use the infinite fractal concept, all at once, for there is not time, spread out in all directions, even inner and outer worlds, all at once, then if you trace the fractals until you get an overall glimpse of One Greater Soul, the Bigger Higher Self, that this reality could be all happening within, (infinite universe within), I was shown that ALL, would then (due to the Infinity and due to it being endless/boundless) step out of that paradigm, akin to stepping out of that computer screen, and would be in a whole new Beyond, as one of infinite All's, in new lessons and lives, working for advancement there and this process would be endless.

So, someone told me, Prime Creator is always finding Herself to be the Child of yet another Creation.

My belief is it doesn't matter, there is the Highest Love and Goodness in existence and in Progression, the All could be the Love and literal Light connections between us all, and so we're forever journeying within this Family of Love, and Christ is giving us the basic way back home, but you have to take it out of all the programs to war and harm and hurt others found in the old testament.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Now all of a sudden you want to stay on topic?

Hypocrite!

What is your favourite Bible story or quote?

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Sahabi

I just wanted to say...

You're not my brother, as your avatar suggests. You would be buried by now.
edit on CTuesdaypm484819f19America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

In that thread, how was your post on-topic?

Now you want to cry foul about off-topic replies?

Hypocrite!

And I did help your thread here. I mentioned the corruption of the Councils of Carthage and Nicea.

Want more?

Compare the words of Apostle Paul with the Gospels. I don't think Jesus would have approved of Paul.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I was thinking along the lines of everything subatomic consisting of an energy that was aware of itself on a higher level, allowing a depth of control that would result in the creation of everything we see today.

This consciousness allows the transfer all of kinds of energy, including every sort of data in existence. In essence, this would bring about Omnisience, and Omnipotence, and everywhere-ness.
edit on CThursdaypm272706f06America/Chicago10 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
redacted
edit on 10-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I was thinking it was Peter...it would explain the sudden change in viewpoint regarding Mary Magdelene, who was originally supposed to carry on the church.

Then again, there are versions saying Jesus never really died, and simply went into hiding in France, where he and his wife raised St. Sarah in peace and quiet.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just as an example:

All of these civilizations (below) had their own stories of
"the Flood".In some cases there are a few tales for
seperate portions of a country.

The Sumerian
The Babylonian
The Hebrew
The Egyptian
The Ancient Greece
The Chinese
The Ancient India
The Native American
The Australian Aborigines
The Aztecs
The Mayan

I am sure there are many others but all of these are
much older societies/civilizations

Most allude to the wiping out humanity and then the rebirth of a new peoples.

I don't believe the Bible is Truth.
I believe the Bible is a composite of legends that came long, long before Christianity and the
gathering of the works of the Book.
I mean, the original Flood story, like Creation, goes back to the Sumerian.
Apparently something having to do with a flood happened sometime, somewhere.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
All you have to do is read into the messages that The Bible is giving and you can realize it's importance. The message is God's word. You read the stories and get the message. Some of it is simplified but most is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join