It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 5-9-12 on Obamas Gay Marriage Statement...... I Cannot Disagree With This!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Who really cares what Ron Paul says anymore? I cannot believe so many are still listening to this Libertarian lunatic. Does anyone disagree with his argument? Yes, I do. The state has the right to legally enforce the proper definition of marriage upon society. There is really only one real job of government and that is to uphold morality,

More and more people care what Ron Paul says every day, simply due to the fact that he is intelligent, has common sense and actually seems to care about his fellow Americans The United States of America and our role in the world.
The State and/or Federal Government has absolutely NO Right to tell anyone whom they can Marry, spend there life with, sleep with, etc.... This is supposed to be a country of "Freedom and Liberty for ALL" Why does it matter to you who I marry, tell me in one way how that would effect your life?
The job of the government is NOT to uphold morality. The job of the government is to uphold and protect the Freedom and Liberty of it's citizens and the management of the country.

It is too bad so many “Conservatives” listen to that ridiculous nonsense known as FOX News and the RNC to assist in formulating their opinion on marriage. That anyone forms an opinion based upon some garbage thrown out by the media would be laughable if they did not threaten to drag us all down into their pit of insanity and disaster. I do not address the Left-Liberals because they are completely unimportant, those people are so lost any real argument about marriage would just go right over their heads because it is all about “tolerance” and some perverted version of “love”.

I'm not a conservative, Liberal, or any of that, I don't watch FOX News, Don't watch MSNBC, CNN, BBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, Food Network, HGTV, Spike, SyFy, HBO, etc... I still don't give a crap who marries who. You know why? Because I most likely won't be invited anyway. I don't care if Harry marries Pete, Susan marries Sally, Jeff marries Bertha, Mildred, Frank and Felicia. I don't even care if Farmer John marries Gerty his prize winning sheep. It has NO bearing on mine or anyone's live, except the individuals getting married.
You are entitled to your views, and I respect that, put them into practice in your life. You have no business in dictating mine.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Just like abortion, drugs and gay marriage, he doesnt personally like it but he wont make laws to change it, just decrease laws if anything. Ron Paul, a classy fellow as always.

Yes exactly, take laws hindering the rights of citizens and getting rid of them.... I'm for that.
I didn't think so before, but yeah he is kinda "classy" (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Paul stated his personal belief.

Obama state his personal belief.

What's the issue???

To me the biggest issue with not allowing gay marriage is that it is horribly un-American to not allow it. Anyone opposed to gay marriage has to realize they're part big-government, anti-Constitutionalists. I find it strange that people who most vocally call themselves "conservative" are typically the ones who want the government to decide how people live their lives.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Dustytoad

Paul wants the government to control the legal rights.
He doesn't want the government controlling religious issues.
Government control civil union rights for all couples,
and then Churches marry people. Simple.

Civil unions aren't the same as marriage. Now I don't want the government to force churches to marry same sex couples, I wouldn't think that was right. But marriage is a long way from a civil union.

As in you shouldn't be able to get "Married" before a judge.
You should only be Married before God.

Then you would have to prove that God preformed your wedding ceremony. Which would mean that all typical church weddings would be null and void as God could not be proven to have presided over them.

You really believe Paul people are Blind followers?

In my opinion they are nothing short of cult members.

We actually AGREE with Ron Paul. There I said it, and I'm not lying..

I know you aren't lying, It wouldn't matter what Ron Paul said, you would agree with it. That's my point.

You think I am a cult member? Ron Paul DOES say things I don't like. It's people like you (no offence and I am being nice, don't take this wrongly) that think we agree with everything randomly. He is just the CLOSEST to what I want. I am a Democrat, so that should tell you a lot. Everytime I comment on a Ron Paul thrad in support it is because He IS Speaking TRUTH. Not because it's just auto pilot.... I actually Like him that much, and he's actually THAT good.

Marriage is a concept. I think gay people should have that same concept, but I don't think most churches would support that concept. I Support that concept. There is nothing any gay couple could do to me by getting married that would get in between me and God.

As far as legal rights. I think the legal rights should be completely sepperate. When I said before god, I meant that is what christians assume is happeneing. Anyone can "be with god." and the point of that is that no one else can tell you otherwise. As long as it means something to YOU.

People are too quick to think other people are taking away their magic. Maybe they never had any magic to begin with, but no one else is going to degrade your own marriage. I agree with christians not wanting to call it marriage though. I see why it upsets them. Make it a different concept, but keep the RIGHTS the same.

America IS about Freedom. Freedom for ALL. Anything less is any other bull shis country. Quit enslaveing your self.

And so you know... This makes me agree with Obama. I AGREE with Obama HERE. I am not in his cult either though...

Quit hating on gay people. Even if you don't like them, let them have their day. Let them live like any straight person would.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There's also the conspiracy of the MSM silencing Paul in this thread which I'm not sure anyone has mentioned. What's marriage have anything to do with business? It's on the Fox Business Channel with a 'breaking business news' graphic. It doesn't seem to be taken out of context, but I don't know. I don't watch MSM unless it's presented to me.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
One of the few things Paul is wrong on. I get what he is trying to say and he is partially right about the government staying out of your personal life, but when your marriage is recognized in one state and not in another, there is a loop hole that needs some fixing.

But you gotta respect Paul's opinion either way.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
One of the few things Paul is wrong on. I get what he is trying to say and he is partially right about the government staying out of your personal life, but when your marriage is recognized in one state and not in another, there is a loop hole that needs some fixing.

But you gotta respect Paul's opinion either way.

I agree.

Me and Ron are at odds here.

...If he wants only states to control such things that is...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

What a legend

That news reporter is a real as*hole!
why does he look like he hates RP?
RP is a real down to earth gentlemen with REAL views and REAL peoples lives in mind

if i was American i would be proud to call him my president

I think he hates himself because his bosses probably tell him to keep up with the group and try to make Paul look bad and he does it for the sake of the ol paycheck, but to his credit, he doesn't put the same effort into it his fellow Foxers do.. At the end of every interview they have, Cavuto is very polite to the Congressman.
Paul is on with Cavuto all the time. There must be some respect there. I mean Paul steers clear of Hannity and O'Reilly, but was always on the Judge's show and is often on Cavuto's.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Now THIS man knows whats up!
I admire the way he clearly responds that Obama only changed his mind for votes and that the gov works like that
This man has my vote

As a future Airman, I do hope this man changes the Nation I was born in and the nation I love

May the Force be with us all
-Anon66

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You think I am a cult member?

It's a cult of personality. Paul could say anything at all, and there would be a thread on here with people praising him for saying it.

Ron Paul DOES say things I don't like. It's people like you (no offence and I am being nice, don't take this wrongly) that think we agree with everything randomly.

But people don't agree with everything he says randomly, they agree with everything he says completely, no matter what he says.

He is just the CLOSEST to what I want. I am a Democrat, so that should tell you a lot. Everytime I comment on a Ron Paul thrad in support it is because He IS Speaking TRUTH. Not because it's just auto pilot.... I actually Like him that much, and he's actually THAT good.

He's a politician that has been in congress for over 30 years, that should tell you a lot. What do politicians do? They tell you what they think you want to hear.. Paul does the exact same thing, and people for some reason swallow this tripe like it's gospel. Meanwhile, he takes your campaign dollars, and laughs his ass off all the way to the bank.

I believe that two consenting adults should be able to marry, their gender is irrelevant to the issue. If two men or women want to marry each other, I think that's just fine.

I don't believe that we should force churches to marry same sex couples if they don't want to, to do so in my opinion would be wrong.

But to let straight couples "marry" and let homosexual couples have a "civil union" is wrong in my opinion, it smacks of segregation. The idea of separate but equal, we all know is bull.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You Americans are quite lucky to have a candidate for the Presidency like Ron Paul ...I cant say he amazes me but can say compared to the other big business flip flopping sponsored candidates ,it would be amazing that you people wouldn't get behind him ,and get his word out ..He is probably the best one to slow down this speeding train controlled by TPTB and their new world order plans ...I cant vote with you but am pulling for the Paul revolution ....peace

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Playing the 30 year congressional record card? I thought people stopped doing that already.

Right so the only worthy candidates for president are the candidates with absolutely no background in consistency.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Playing the 30 year congressional record card? I thought people stopped doing that already.

Sorry, but it's a fact, Paul has been at this for over 30 years. Paul supporters like to make him out to be this wonderful new fresh blood injected into the political system. But the fact is, he has been there, inside the DC Culture for over 30 years. One does not survive in DC for over 30 years unless they play the game.

And the game is, telling YOU what he thinks YOU want to hear, so that he gets re elected time and time again, while at the same time, does things that he NEEDS to do, in order to make it inside the beltway.

You all do know that Paul knows he has absolutely 0 chance of getting the nomination, but for some reason he keeps campaigning. Why?

Could it be, because he gets to keep any unused campaign funds after he bows out of the race eventually? And so, he's milking dupes that are to ignorant of reality for every dime he can to make an easy buck?

One positive thing I can say for Paul is, the man ain't stupid. He's got himself a cash cow of loyal morons pumping a dead campaign full of cash that he gets to keep for himself after he inevitably looses the nomination.

As for this issue, it's just like every issue they go to Paul about. Paul's idea of Government is "We shouldn't handle issues. It's not the government's job to actually DO things." Paul wants his presidency to be about him doing absolutely NOTHING for 4 years. Talk about a lame duck presidency. The dude wants a complete term as president of him doing jack squat.

Abortion: State issue, (even though Roe V Wade came about because the states COULDN'T decide for themselves.)

Education: Parent issue, (because high school dropouts are the only people that should be educating the next generation and not schools, unless of course your wealthy, then you should send your little brats to private schools so that they can get a real education, the poor though? Well sorry poor parents one of you needs to stay home to educate the kids while you try and survive on one income and a $5000.00 tax credit)

Foreign Affairs: Someone else's problem, (cause being the only real superpower in the world means [snip] you allies, solve your own [snip])

According to Paul, everything is someone else's problem, he should be nicknamed "Pass the Buck Paul". Cause that's what a Paul presidency would be. People don't want to elect someone who thinks that the presidency is a 4 year vacation, they want to elect a president that's going to take responsibility and do things for America.

Of course people that are of voting age, who don't spend every waking minute of their lives on the internet realize this and so this is why Paul isn't going to be nominated. Sure, Paul Cultists will agree with absolutely every single thing that ever comes out of this crazy mans mouth, but thankfully, they aren't the only people in America, and thankfully this is why Paul won't be elected any time soon.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I suppose by coming to this thread, with some obvious hostility, that you disagree with Dr. Paul's statement and perhaps feel that laws should dictate social behavior and that two people should not typically be able to define their own concepts of marriage. All are entitled to their beliefs, though I don't personally agree with foisting one's morality on others' intimate relations.

Your last couple posts started to bring up some possibly valid points that may have a place for discussion, though not necessarily on this particular thread topic. Your obvious trolling about Paul cultists, ignorant dupes, and loyal morons sank whatever credibility you may have had, though I'm sure it must have made you feel better. I hope you get over your "issues" for your own piece of mind and in the future may be enlightening having an intelligent debate with you on some of those topics, perhaps on a more appropriate thread.

edit on 12-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join