It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respected Scientist Michio Kaku: Earth Unprepared For Coming Massive Solar Storm This Year!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Top physicist says possible tsunami of giant solar flares due to hit Earth some time this year and we're not prepared for it. We've already had a warning with the Auroras being seen as far as Michigan and Wisconsin.
Similar to when the solare flare hit Earth in 1850 that knocked out the Telegraph, could cause massive damage to the Solar grid..
Could this be what the Mayans predicted? Something that if we weren't so electronically dependent on things now we may or may not notice it that much?

Well, we'll see. I say we need to prepared I am as prepared as possible in small one bedroom apartment. Everyone should be, if possible. The rest of 2012 fast approaching to Dec. 21, are we as concerned about it as were with Y2K or do you think it'll be a more of a time of enlightenment.

Do you think its the Chicken Little effect if so why?

Galactic Informer Blog Spot

edit on 9-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 9-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Personally,I think it will be a mixture of cataclysm and enlightenment. Things are changing drastically.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
if michio kaku predicted it, then there's a 99.99999999% chance nothing will happen, along with the rest of what this nwo shill has predicted in the past.

edit on 9-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Earth is not prepared? What do you want to do about it? Run and scream? That's just the way it is. If you're peaceful then whatever happens to you you'll be fine.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reallisticly you relocate to fresh water, grow crops, keep a loaded 9mm or 3 on ya and dig a hole in the ground to poop.

We will still have our whit, intellect, and a bunch of hand tools.

Books will become the new currency.

Naps in the after noon will become common place.

It wont be an all bad deal, I'm telling ya!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CityFarmer

That's about how I feel. The mainstream is feeding people so much fear.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Naps in the after noon will become common place.

It wont be an all bad deal, I'm telling ya!!!

Well said

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I hear you. Unfortunate the TPTB have anticipated something like this, at least for their on benefit. There's massive underground storage unit in Iron Mountain, Virginia. Of course, it contains every record imaginable, taxes, medical, yada yada. So, once they get things back to running the past will come back to haunt us. History channel did an hour show on this faciliy. It's humongous.
edit on 9-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
solar storms could wipe out the electrical grids and set us back 10 years

yay

but no, the mayans predicted a change in mankind, not his toys

and they once thought we were made of amber, wood and mud, so no

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In the event this has a real possibility of occurrence in the near future, any preparations that need to made, have already been made, for C.O.G., and for the elitists of the world. They aren't concerned for the rest of us.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That interview is a bit dated. You didn't notice?

Solar flare activitity expected to peak in 2010

There is no more reason to expect a catastrophic geomagnetic storm this year than there is next year. It could happen next month, next year, or not for 200 years. But he is right, we probably aren't as prepared as we should be. Awareness of the problem is growing though.
www.dhs.gov...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I for one have been watching the sun pick up in activity since viewing it form 2004
I have been watching things get worse every year from a global disaster standpoint.
The sun is in the beginning stages of a pole flip.. this magnifies the CME potential.
do some of your own research about the sun.. you may then become a bit more
interested in preparation.

Michio Kaku is a very smart man.. not a shill for the NWO

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
solar storms could wipe out the electrical grids and set us back 10 years

yay

but no, the mayans predicted a change in mankind, not his toys

and they once thought we were made of amber, wood and mud, so no

Are we not made of corn these days according to mayan mythology? Mind them powergrids during the next Carrington event or you'll go popcorn!

On a more serious note I think we have the tools and the knowledge to live through such an event, but pretty damn sure there will be chaos before things settle down and we get used to the idea of things not getting back to normal for a while...
edit on 9-5-2012 by Ukkonen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have yet to see it. Ok, I'll make a prediction...nothing will happen, and ten years from now, it will still be nothing happened.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Only conspiracy freaks, like the hardcore ones that think the moon landing was hoaxed and believe in reptilians, were worried about Y2K. If you knew anything about computers, you couldn't wait till the millennium came because it represented a huge shift into a world based on technology and computers; A new age of enlightenment. - Sadly, that did not happen and in fact I would say that with all the religious zealots persecuting fellow countrymen and the pathetic intelligence of average people we are headed back into the dark ages to be ruled by biblical law. I hope we are wiped out by solar radiation. The human race needs to start over, in my opinion. Base the new society only on science and rational, logical thought. - I really doubt anything will happen though. It's not like it isn't possible to shield electronics and power systems for electromagnetic radiation. The sun also gives off gamma radiation, but by the time it reaches us it loses so much energy and is blocked from reaching the surface and deflected into space, I think. Maybe, x-rays and uv would be a concern, but I still doubt the energy would be sufficiently higher to cause serious damage. I'm not worried in the slightest. Cool video though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good catch Phage, Boy did I really miss something important. I watched the video twice and didn't notice. I wonder why they're doing it again.

I guess they're counting on people like me to hear, but not hear the one thing that is important the date. the one thing they seem to like to spread is fear, Sorry, I fell for that one. They should've been smarter and just edited that. I know I would've had it been me trying to report old news as current news.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Good catch Phage, Boy did I really miss something important. I watched the video twice and didn't notice. I wonder why they're doing it again.

I guess they're counting on people like me to hear, but not hear the one thing that is important the date. the one thing they seem to like to spread is fear, Sorry, I fell for that one. They should've been smarter and just edited that. I know I would've had it been me trying to report old news as current news.

link   
reply to post by Phage

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

There's massive underground storage unit in Iron Mountain, Virginia. Of course, it contains every record imaginable, taxes, medical, yada yada.

exactly!!!

Oh was everybody hoping a existence ending event would mean they wouldn't have to pay taxes any more

as late a Abraham Lincoln had tax evaders shot.

Jerusalem fell,yet the rabbi passes the plate.
Rome fell yet taxes are still collected.

People get over your selves, it wont be like the movies.

What was the response time to Katrina? yeah besides not fast enough.
New Orleans is still a city and still collects taxes

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by Phage

You seem to have developed a stutter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join