It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly what god is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The reason why you will not know God is because God is the one that is knowing. Search for the one that knows and be that.

Existence is known however it cannot exist without the knower.
The all seeing, all knowing ever present presence allows all to appear.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Oh...one other thing...I have a MASSIVE EGO. LOL! But it goes with the territory of what I do. I enjoyed your synapsis of my long post. That pretty much summed it up except for one thing. Even though I admit to having the Balls or from anothers perspective...the GALL to intimidate certain people I consider a Scourge to Humanity...into either doing the right thing or just to watch them squirm for my own pleasure...I do not regret it.

And YES! For some reason I have a mental block on Spelling. I think that it started when I learned as a child that i before e except after c...was a rule that had exceptions...many in fact...my mind refused to learn something it considered Illogical.

And I definity have an issue finding my keys and even loose my pass key card within my own jacket...but other than those two issues...I find that the more a person knows and understands is a combination of all three of ME's as well as EXPERIENCE. I believe some people who get ideas from their Subconscious or One of the Two Hemespheres in conjuction with it...may sometimes attribute this revelation to GOD speaking to them. People often talk to themselves when trying to figure out a problem. WHO are they talking to? The Answer....their Subconscious.

In many Histric or Biblical examples...were it is written a Prophet recieved instructions from GOD...it very much sounds like the way I and others are having a conversation between one version of ourselves and another. If a person cannot understand that all three of THEMSELVES are parts of a whole...then a very real possibility of Schizophrenia could set in.

With me...I am aware there are more than one version of me. But I use this to my advantage and it certainly helps when I can sometimes access my Subconscious Memory....with the exception of Keys, Sunglasses and Spelling. I guess you can't have everything. LOL! Split Infinity

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Oh...one other thing...I have a MASSIVE EGO. LOL! But it goes with the territory of what I do. I enjoyed your synapsis of my long post. That pretty much summed it up except for one thing. Even though I admit to having the Balls or from anothers perspective...the GALL to intimidate certain people I consider a Scourge to Humanity...into either doing the right thing or just to watch them squirm for my own pleasure...I do not regret it.

And YES! For some reason I have a mental block on Spelling. I think that it started when I learned as a child that i before e except after c...was a rule that had exceptions...many in fact...my mind refused to learn something it considered Illogical.

Haha I was starting to worry that you missed that part of my post.

Anyway massive ego is not always a bad thing, especially if you are open minded and gain an ego boost from helping others, which you have both. However, the one thing I can't stand is people with massive egos that can't spell. There is literally nothing in this world that I hate more. I hate people with big egos who spell badly even more than I hate how the melting of the arctic is killing polar bears off.

But for real, I actually love people with big egos who can't spell. There is actually someone that you remind me exactly of, he always talks about himself and how great he is, but he just can't spell. But don't worry, from what I've heard you are about 10 times more successful than this person is, and 10 times smarter.

One of my pet peeves is people who get off topic from the OP, but it seems like the OP has lost interest in his own thread so I've taken this as a license to also get slightly off topic, as you can see.

You were saying something about creative, analytic, and subconcious parts of the mind, and you somehow connected this to God. I can see, and agree on the 3 parts of the mind. But I still don't really see how God has anything to do with the 3 parts of the mind. I'm also pretty cynical about God, and about humans experiencing God. Since we don't have the perception required to percieve God how can we know when we have actually percieved God?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

As far as how these 3 YOU's or Me's are associated with the perception of a GOD...it is in a persons inability to understand that the Subconscious is like a Computer that records EVERYTHING that a persons senses have detected and although the conscious mind will not recall what was writen on a note that as you walked by and just glanced at it for a split second....your Subconscious has recorded everything that you glanced at or smelled or tasted...etc.

Then a person who is of a Religious mindset gets an idea or concept that they cannot recall how they came about obtaining this knowledge...they will sometimes associate this idea as communication with GOD or say...The words or idea came down to me from Heaven from GOD.

In reality...their subconscious mind is putting together all sorts of bits of information that it has collected and is transfering this cumulative concept to a persons conscious mind. The Subconscious also decides what to use from Analitical Thinking from your left hemesphere as well as Creative concepts from your right brains hemesphere...it takes what it already knows as it forgets nothing and uses parts of the analitical and creative to form a concept that seems to be coming out of no where.

This is where many people start declaring they are being told things by GOD or are a Prophet. In reality...it is just a creation using both Reality and Creativity along with an analitical line of logic to justify their concept.

If a person is like me and understands that there is more than just one of me...and what I think is information I never recieved is actually data that I have accumulated on a Subconscious level...then that person will not allow themselves to think that THEY ARE THE CHOSEN ONE...and I have seen people believe this and I feel it is unhealthy from a mental perspective.

Now as far as my EGO...LOL!...it too has a Mind Of it's Own! But...like I said...it is necessary for what I do and I really do have a Mean Streek that comes to the surface when I see someone treating another badly over silly issues like what they are wearing or if they are allowed into these peoples social circles. I have really let a few people have it verbally but I usually let them hang themselves by asking a few specific questions. I was not always wealthy and my Family worked very hard as well as I to get where I am now....but I will never forget that I had to earn it and know what it feels like to be left out or strung along for anothers enjoyment.

I particularily hate being woken up early by people Evangalizing some Religion so I always let them know it. I respect anothers right to their Religious beliefs...just don't wake me up 15 minutes after I just went to bed after doing a show or pulling an all nighter in the Studio. Split Infinity

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Oh...My Favorite Response to a JEHOVAH WITNESS is....So you guy's believe that only 144,000 people will be allowed into Heaven at the Time of the Rapture correct? They say...YES! I reply....So there is what? ( plus Million Jehovah Witnesses right now? They reply...Yes..there is. So I smile and say....So I guess there is a GOOD chance you two won't make it Huh? Maybe you can DRAW STRAWS! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Oh...My Favorite Response to a JEHOVAH WITNESS is....So you guy's believe that only 144,000 people will be allowed into Heaven at the Time of the Rapture correct? They say...YES! I reply....So there is what? ( plus Million Jehovah Witnesses right now? They reply...Yes..there is. So I smile and say....So I guess there is a GOOD chance you two won't make it Huh? Maybe you can DRAW STRAWS! LOL!

Split Infinity

Religious humor, hilarious, I love it! Now what do you say to Catholics?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Well...I say to Christians in general that there are many Mistranslations of the Bible and in particular the King James version.

It is believed that Moses parted the RED SEA when this is a mistranslation. Moses crossed the REED SEA....a marshy tidal area that is located near the Red seas connection to the MED. Even the Vatican and the Pope has admitted that this was a mistranslation but they have said that they will not change it as it might confuse the Faithful.

I have had people argue till they start screaming by when I tell them that they are not acting very Christian Like.

Also...the current year in the Christiam Calendar is off plus or minus 125 Years. This is because it was many hundreds of years before the once persecuted Christians were able to practice their Religion in peace as Emperor Constantine made this so. So the year could be 1912 for all we know. This is why I laugh my ass off when all these people though the Rapture was coming in the year 2000...on top of that the Calendar starts with the year 1 not Zero so 2001 was 2000 years after the Birth of Christ...plus or minus 125 years. LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

That's interesting about the Red Sea I'd never heard of that before.

Here's my biggest problem with Christianity is it is based off the Bible, which they claim is based off the word of God, and is a perfect book. But if you point out the contradictions between the Gods of the New Testament and Old Testament, where in the New Testament Jesus describes God as "merciful and loving" and where in the Old Testament God is clearly jealous, quick to anger, flawed (he floods the Earth but doesn't erase wickedness), and vengeful, they just say they "pay attention to the Old Testament as little as possible because it is outdated."

But if the Bible is perfect how can the Old Testament be outdated or less relevant? When people discount the Old Testament while maintaining the Bible is perfect this is a blatant contradiction.

If we can in fact ignore parts of the Old Testament, that means either parts of the Old Testament ARE NOT the word of God, or it IS the word of God and his word CHANGES over time. If parts of the Old Testament are not the word of God, then the Bible is no longer a credible book to base your faith on, because parts of it were written by sinful humans without the word of God. If the word of God changes over time, then the Bible still isn't credible, because for all we know his will has changed completely from the Old and New Testaments.

And then people try to argue that God is fair and loving and just because he razes cities to the ground, he favors one group of people over all others, and annihalated the world population with a flood. At that point I just facepalm. I'd like to know what their idea of an unjust and hateful God would be.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The Bible...at least the newer version...is a nice teaching tool...but that's it. The problems start when people who are highly religious start believing every word as FACT....when it is not.

The King James Version of the Bible has MANY MISTRANSLATIONS. Even the Vatican and other Christian Sects Leadership have admitted this...still...some will fight tooth and nail to evangelize that every word is fact. They will even sometimes become violent to defend this. I find this sad.

The same can be said of the Jewish Talmod if I spelled that right. I find this kind of people who proclaim to be defending the Faith....a scourge of Mankind. I particularily do not like when a Witness knocks at my door early as I am on BAND TIME.

The thing is that I know a few things and when they want to talk and I give them LOGIC....they get angry. In one of my jobs...it is my responsibility to comunicate and overcome problems and I am very good at it. As long as I have a line of logic then there is no chance they will be able to use another example or analogy to sway their point in their favor. I do not disparage their religion...I just talk about FACTS! They cannot overcome a FACT.

For example....the Christian Calendar is off plus or minus 125 years. This is so because many centuries past as Christians were persecuted and records were destroyed by Rome until Constantine took over as Romes Leader. So the year could be 1912 or it could be 2137. In that period of 125 years they lost track of the Birth of Christ.

There are alot of issues in the Jewish Religion as well and I have an old friend who is a business associate and very friendly...except when we talk Religion. His name is Milton and he knows I am right but cannot bear to admit it.

When it comes to Muslims I know and have a few friends as well as have extensive experience dealing with them. Their are Good and Bad people in EVERY RELIGION but right now...ISLAM is holding Women as if they were SLAVES in some countries AND THEE IS NO WAY TO JUSTIFY THIS. I had a conversation with a man who is very MUSLIM and he has no tollerance for any ideas or concepts but his own...and this is true in all religions where there are people like this.

I talk with him and this is on a JOB RELATED ISSUE so I let him go on. In the End...ancient tribal power structures as well as Religious Muslim Leaders have great power becomes an issue when they are dealing from a possition of FANTASY as far as how GOD will ensure their victory. This leads to too many Deaths. The U.S. GOES OUT OF IT'S WAY...more so than any other nation when respecting religion...but there comes a point that on occasion...we must show our abilities...and by our I mean my team....as we are Highly Trained Pro's Dedicated to the Art of Negociation and WAR. These people are NOT....but they THINK THEY ARE.

But I have always seen this happen...if something goes down and they realize we are ALL IN...they now understand they went too far as for all their talk...NO ONE wants to tangle with us. That is just the fact and they can throw 100 Men at us and we will still strike fear into them without support. WHY? Because we practice this unlike their practice of killing a few villagers or beheading a defenceless man. They always run...and the leaders run FIRST. Split Infinity

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

This means that god was a finite being meaning that he abides to the time of the universe,

I like this one.

Uni-verse

One verse

God spoke the universe into existence.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
God the divine being (oneness) is ignorant of it's self "being"

because in order to be oneness with all

it would be with out reflection

God cannot judge what it cannot see it's self as being

God simply is

that which is mistakenly known>>> as god ...creating ...doing... being