It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly what god is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So we evolved, then that means that the world is always evolving, the world has grown and changed over time, this means then that everything is living, absolutely everything must have a life force this is because everything changes according to time. They change over time because they are going through evolution. This then makes time god, god changes things over time, it was said that he made the world in days, surely if he is an all mighty being then he could have made it instantly, but the fact is he abides to time and time is a factor in how he works.
This means that god was a finite being meaning that he abides to the time of the universe, he too has a life span, this means that god was here before and he could still be here but it could mean he's already gone. I find it a bit weird that al the biblical things happened thousands of years ago and we just dont hear anything from him now.
This again shows that god is a finite being or otherwise time would not apply to him and this would mean he could do everything at once, which gives the other side...

what if god is infinite and we think that we have free -will, this means that we would always be controlled and that god would always be here with us and decides everything we do, we are taught with science that our sub-conscious is the main part of our brain and controls more than we can comprehend, thus meaning that god is there but then we are just little puppets with a thought process that believes we are doing what we want.

But overall time, is Everything. if you think about it time is god, he is infinite and he is finite at the same time, meaning that god is everything and he controls everything because without time then we are nothing.

I realise all of this is probably rediculous and doesnt make any sense, I'm just very bored and i though hrmmm that's a possibility. Please don't be harsh i dont actually believe this i just thought, well maybe it could be that, i sorta started rambling as well, i have been working ridiculously and my brain is starting to feel a bit fried

*NOTE i am just saying he for easy writing.*

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

So gods way of creation is having millions of people die by a virus untill a random mutation for immune resistance occurs?

If we all killed gingers because we didnt like their freckles couldnt we turn around once their extint and say it was gods way of showing us gingers deserved to die?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I was thinking that time is the Son of God.

and that God is gravitation. but then again they time and gravitation may be two different aspects of one thing.

and that the Mother is space; the material world and she also is three parts.

when i put it together then...you have at least three dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time bound in a single fabric called reality.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Im just saying god COULD be the one that controls everything because god is time, and time is what controls us, i did say a lot of it probably wouldnt make sense haha, im very tired

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The creator as i call it,is evrything and nothing.

micheal, please dont bash me to bad i dont feel like arguing my beliefs.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
God is . . . Something not outside of your self.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea
So we evolved, then that means that the world is always evolving, the world has grown and changed over time, this means then that everything is living, absolutely everything must have a life force this is because everything changes according to time.

Easy tiger, don't get too excited, you're making some big jumps in logical reasoning here. You say "everything must have a life force because everything changes according to time," but just because something changes, that doesn't mean it is living. I change the settings on my laptop, but that doesn't make my laptop living, that just means a living thing, me, modified something that was not living, my laptop.

And yes, humans evolved, and yes, the Earth is evolving, but you use the same word "evolve" for two different meanings. You refer to Darwin's Theory of Evolution for humans, and you refer to the dictionary definition of evolve for Earth, that evolve is just another word for "change." Yes, the Earth has changed over time, but not based on Darwin's Theory of Evolution. The Earth changes without regard for life.

It may seem I'm bashing your idea... well that's because I am.
I'm pointing out that your first premise has shaky reasoning so your conclusion is likely to be invalid.

With that said your conclusion is interesting, that God is finite and infinite at the same time. But I see no logical explanation that could possibly lead you to this conclusion, which is a contradiction. Personally, I don't like to accept contradictory conclusions because they don't explain anything, they just make everything more confusing.

Ayn Rand wrote in the book Atlas Shrugged on contradictions:
"By the essence and nature of existence, contradictions cannot exist. If you find it inconceivable that an invention of a genius should be abandoned among ruins, and that a philosopher should wish to work as a cook in a diner, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

Just something to think about, and to fry your brain some more.

I can see you've started thinking outside the box, and this is very good. But as you go more into philosophy also prepare to have your brain fried many times over.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Wang Tang because: format

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If you found out what God is, you would have to (at the same time) know what God isn't. If you're trying to find out what God is, you would have to (at same time) believe in what God isnt. If God can be contained in the third dimensional world of shape, form, perception and concept, then he would equally have to be considered as that from which a shape became, that from which a form is formed, that from which a perception is perceived and so on.

God is the nothing that contains the something. Equally, God is the something from which the nothing is recognized. Both are one because they need each other in order to exist.

God is all that you see, and all that you don't see. More importantly, God is that which witnesses the seeing and not seeing.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

..........god changes things over time, it was said that he made the world in days, surely if he is an all mighty being then he could have made it instantly, but the fact is he abides to time and time is a factor in how he works.
..........Text

I think that for the maya to be created it means delusion to work it was necessary to have some time to 'think out' how to turn it to act out to work as serviving image in the chaothic abyss of the medium at hand
so the creator of maya needed to reshape and differently concentrate the point of view of eventual others that emerget through the movement that was there as well as echoing imaged sounds reemerging dusT
in the space so mingled by the unknown and the unknowable

....about
living out the spell check .. beside ...the lucid daity chose to act
edit on 10-5-2012 by nii900 because: T

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

....But overall time, is Everything. if you think about it time is god,,,,,,Text

there are many gods as there are many things that seems so are a necessity for life as we are thought by thoughts or thinking patterns and stronger eggos
all might have been perfectly done in a sense of energy and yet the things vary much that much that
even daities of different densities there it seems to me can not find out those answers - who is God
as the perfection reamerges and the gods created time is named as goddess Kala as measure for time kal as death kaala
and yet life persist to be
so the gods differ too
as changes are due
so are the times

but even if as the sum of everything it doesn't equal one
edit on 10-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Actually in this Universal Reality there are 3 of all of us. There is the Left Hemesphere of the Brain...Analitical...there is the Right Hemesphere...Creative...then there is the Subconscious.

Now a persons Subconscious is like a Computer in that it records EVERYTHING that a persons senses take in such as if you glanced for a Mili-Second at a persons magazine they were reading as you walked by. Conciously you would not even realize what they were reading but since your eyes glanced at it...every bit of information on the pages visable is stored in your subconscious.

The other two you's are the Analitical you and the Creative you. Most people have one dominant side of the Brain and this governs how they think. A few people have the ability to have a balanced communication between the two hemespheres and this can lead to problems such as Split Personalities. A while back I had vertigo and although it was just an ear thing went and got a CT scan. The Doctor did the scan twice which concerned me.

She came back and said that I had an unusually large interconnective neural grouping between by two Hemespheres. I am a World Class Musician as well as I once considered attending MIT as I scored 1540 I believe on my SAT's as well as had a very high IQ...back then IQ tests were mandatory and I scored a rediculous 174. Needless to say I was bombarded by recruiters from the Military and back then every High School had Army, Navy, USAF and Marine recruiters offices in the Guidence dept. of every school.

I can paint, draw, sculpt, play music and do many creative based things. I also am very adept at Theoretical Physics and Cosmology and have even spoken with a well know..TV Physicist about a theory I have. What I CAN'T DO IS SPELL OR FIND MY SUNGLASSES OR KEYS! I don't know why because I have a very good memory...but this is a fact.

I am also a Lucid Dreamer and always know when I am dreaming and am fearless with one exception...and both of these things have happened to me...I fear not for myself but fear not being able to convince people I love about an oncoming Tornado as well as warning them of a Rogue Wave. Both of these fears have come to pass.

I am also...even though I am older now...in top physical condition and at 6 ft. 1 Inch as well as muscular and Highly Trained in many Martial Arts as well as other things I will not go into...am capable of extreme violent acts but I am a peaceful person who respects all walks of life as well as all forms of Sexuality, Religion and I am VERY protective of Women as well as the Elderly.

I seem to be able to use this interconnectivity between by Brains Hemespheres as well as access my Subconscious to an extent. This has made me wealthy as well as charitable but I made a deal a long time ago to perform certain tasks that were in conjuction with my Bands Travel as we were very Big in the 80's and I still tour to a limited extent. I do have a Massive Ego but it is required for what I do but I am never petty and think everyone has something to contribute. Because I am Signed by a Label I must by contract attend 4 CD release parties a year in either NY or LA...and here is where I have to learn to let things go.

As I said earlier...I will not tollerate any disrespect to the elderly or Women as well as have a keen sense of justice in that when I go to these parties I meet some people who make it a game to spend time making fun of others who are not IN with the current IN croud. Most of these people are no where near where I am mentally and if a get too many Jack and Diet Cokes in me I might verbally go after them. I have an ability to quickly analize a person and know exactly where their sore spot is but I would NEVER do this to be mean only to teach them that no matter how smart or BIG in the scene you are...there is or there should be someone to protect those who are being disparaged and let others see exactly how Uncool these mean people are. I am good at this to a fault and always feel bad after I display a reaction. This is not a boast but just a fact...I can out think another at a speed and cutting effectiveness that scares even me.

The last time this happened was only a week ago and it was at my studio where a Famous Girlfriend of a Label Executive was Mouthing off at a friend of mine. She never knew what hit her. This exec. actually asked me to step outside...where I wispered to him...I know you are doing this to save face infront of her...she is not worth it. Do you really want to date someone who treats people the way she does because if so...you are less of a Man for it. He only did this to show her he was defending her non-existant honor and I am not a person to get into a fight with...I wouldn't have hurt him anyways...I would have let him swing and just put him in a hold. But even so...continued

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Continued....I cannot tollerate someone who obtains a bit of power by either aquiring Money or even taking a few Martial Arts Classes....to treat another person as if they were benieth them and in this case she willfully embarrassed a friend over CLOTHES of all things!

This has happened to me several times and even though I am noticed in Physical Stature as well as being in a Touring Band...having Good Looks is required....people of this nature disreguard reality and because they have made money think they can get away with anything.

After this tale all I can say is that if there is a GOD...it is not what you say you will do or what you believe or how many times you pray or go to Church...it is you ACTIONS that mean something. And even though I hate when I do things like this...I can't say I regret doing it because at this level...who else would? And if not me...the next time this person decides to ruin a person...how far will they go? My reaction to this type of disparagement toward an Elderly person or an Aging Veteran...is exponentionally increased in my reaction.

If you were there...you would understand as no one deserves to be treated this way. But then I have to ask myself after...Did I go too far...as when it comes to finding weeknesses...I am well trained. Split Infinity

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
-In this universal reality there are 3 of all of us, Analytical, Creative, and Subconscious.
-I'm really smart and have a 174 IQ but I can't spell "analytical" or "ridiculous" right.
-I have lucid dreams.
-I don't like people who disrespect the elderly or women.
-Just because I'm smarter than everyone that doesn't make me better than them. But I still use my intelligence to teach people lessons on how to behave.
-I know famous people.
-I have stunning good looks.
-Therefore, God is... wait, nothing I said has anything to do with what I think God is. Oh well, I'll just throw in a few more sentences to try to convince you that I'm a good person.
Split Infiniti

So... I'm not sure how anything you said has anything to do with the OP, but ok. Cool story bro.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
GOD is METATRON.
GOD is all creation.
All creation is GOD.
DISCLOSURE is a video of GODHEAD METATRON.
that video is on disclose.tv/kenny
skinny puppy choralone is me at eight years old maybe.
my picture is bandmix.com/willplayforcheese
i am the dimmu borgir baby of photobucket
lyrics for choralone are my interview of 1989
-maitreya

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

i think the earth is our mother the sun is our father and we are the sons and daughters we were born of this earth and the sun impregnated the earth or caused mutations over millions of years and we are the end result .... i doubt it but its a thought

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

What I was trying to convey is....why do people feel that doing something that is right must have something to do with a GOD and anything that a person does that is considered Bad has something to do with Satan.

Why can people just take responsibility for their actions and when encountering either a person who is doing what would be considered Bad to another that they try to DO SOMETHING about it rather than watch it happen.

I know this is a slippery slope as what is considered OK to some is not Ok to others but I believe their are some fairly basic Rights and Wrongs that many people are only too happy to advocate or condem but they are not willing to get involved. Split Infinity

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Everything in existence is part and particle of "God"
I think collective consciousness of All is the fabric of "God"

Now.. if all consciousness were to get on the same page

edit on 12-5-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by azureskys because: came back 'cause forgot to give reason first time. I added more

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
No one can comprehend God, aint no point in trying!!

I would like to think of God being loving energy/the universe but sometimes I think maybe God is just completely indifferent to our suffering. I do believe in a hierarchy of spirits and think we are 3rd density AKA kindergarten. Maybe once we graduate college or something we will have a better chance at trying to understand God

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you can describe what GOD is then you are describing someone else!
God is and always will be unknown to human kind!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join