It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another newbie from the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I've been on this site now for the past couple of years looking for some definitive answers on there being Alien activity on this Planet, which I'm certain there is. I've always had an interest in Military aviation and modern warfare and claim to have seen an actual UFO when I was 12. I've been on various sites and Googled this event to see if anyone else saw the same thing but nothing as yet. I know what aircraft can do and the noise they make doing this kind of speed, it wasn't any aircraft I know of. It caught my eye above some trees, had no wing or fins, just a Cigar or cylindrical shape, dark grey and shot across the sky silently. Ever since then I've been fascinated with UFOs. I just want to believe that there's something here but there's no proof! In this day and age of HD cameras everywhere, still nothing conclusive. I've not come across any post yet about an incident in Spain a couple of weeks ago, I think it was about the 22nd April, a friend posted on Facebook that she was woke at 5:30 am by a loud Jet noise rumbling away for a few minutes before she could be bothered to actually go outside and see what it was, by the time she did, it had gone. There was quite a few replies to her post from people who had heard it also and a couple of people described a large triangular craft slowly moving away sounding like a hovering Harrier. I know I'm going on but there's been a few happenings lately such as the scrambled Typhoons breaking the sound barrier last month apparently helping a Helicopter in distress. A Police helicopter the other day was observing some object over Saddleworth moors, something the size of the Goodyear Airship but wasn't. For an incident that lasted a good 10 minutes you'd think someone somewhere would've filmed it?
But anyway, that's why I'm here...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
let me be the 1st 2 say hello and welcome ...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello, and Welcome!

I have had a similar experience, which among other things, brings me to ATS aswell.

My friend and I had just got done with school around 10:30PM. We parked at a pond in my neighborhood to enjoy a quick cigarette and talk, listen to music.

All of a sudden, something drew my attention to the small patch of woods near the pond, and I saw a cigar-looking vessel of sorts, silently hovering, and then slowly moving towards us. At this point, my friend's attention had also been drawn to this anomaly and we watched in awe for a good 30 seconds until the point it reached us and was adjacent to the car.

We were looking straight at it, silently. I felt like something was watching me, and then it shot off! Gone, immediately! I was afraid to even go home alone that night

But yeah, welcome, and I can't wait to hear more of your experiences with the paranormal!

- Ely

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of ATS, where you'll find people who agree with you and disagree with you, just more openly.

Cheers!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hello hornby

a driveby high five from the north of the uk.
are you 39 y/o perhaps?

best wishes fakedirt.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi guys, yep... in my 40th year! I was trying to figure out how you knew that, thought you might have known me

My time is always limited on line, to save me browsing old threads, can anyone recommend some good threads similar to mine?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Welcome Hornby73

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

For now you can reply to any thread you wish. And once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only at this time.

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "Topics" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hornby73
Hi guys, yep... in my 40th year! I was trying to figure out how you knew that, thought you might have known me

My time is always limited on line, to save me browsing old threads, can anyone recommend some good threads similar to mine?

your username perhaps?

anyway enjoy yourself, read johnny's links and away you go!

f.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nice read, my parents had a similar experience to your own, coming back from seeing the Cutty Sark Tall Ships when they were in newcastle about 15 years ago, a huge dark metalic cigar, moving slowly across the skies through the country side, it looked like what you could best describe as the hull of a jumbo jet but without the tail fin and without the wings.

Never seen the incident myself however i do beleive it from what they have told me when iv questioned them about it

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'd love to say it was proof of alien existence on earth the fact that virtually everyone I speak to has had similar experiences but I'm thinking there's just some wierd military stuff going on... I just hope I find out the truth before I die.
Speaking of experiences, I had a call from a friend last week and wonder if anyone from the Oldham/Saddleworth area witnessed this as there was no mention in the local press which I found odd, the Manchester Police helicopter was following a floating object which was larger than the helicopter for 15 minutes, as the object turned and changed direction, it changed shape as if it was a long cylinder shape. He was only telling me he saw the same object a fortnight previous and this is a guy who has no interst in this kind of thing. I'd love to know if anyone else saw this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
nice to have you at ATS!

new topics

top topics

join