It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the likelihood they have True Cloaking Tech already?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I had to laugh when the news started reporting about how Iran had captured a "State of the Art" Stealth Drone from the U.S.

While i didn't find the production information on that particular drone and aspects of it are still classified, one need only look at other currently declassified drone aircraft to see that this thing was likely designed in the early 1990's. making it nearly 20 year old technolgoy already.

The design work on the F117 started back in the 1970's, and the craft wasn't made public until 1988. By the time it saw heavy use in the Gulf War and Kosovo, it was 20 year old technology.

The design work on the SR-71 began in the 1960's and saw action well into the 1990's (despite a mid life retirement) the ship was still running on a platform designed nearly 30 years before it's final retirement.

The B-2 Spirit was designed in the 1970's and we still use it today, 40 year later!!!!

I don't think the public truly knows what "State of the Art" really is, and i know this is pretty much common knowledge to the people on this site. The truth is, as advances are made more and more quickly in this day and age, the design to use time will go down, but we still use some really old technology. It's probably only cost that keeps full scale implementations of the real state oft he art stuff.

So i ask, what are the chances our Classified Military Projects have unlocked the secrets to Visual Spectrum Cloaking technology? And if so, why do videos of UFO's still center around lights zipping across the sky? Wouldn't it be more likely that the most advanced air craft would be able to hide in plain sight by this time?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
High likelyhood

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Nice.

I was going to say if it doesn't exist yet, then I apparently missed the explanation for this military one as well - looks like it crosses over to the Japanese tech as well:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I cannot say that I know any thing about air crafts but the way i see it. 20 year ADVANCED MILITARY technology is probably more advanced and holds secrets that the military does not want to release. From what I have heard the fastest plane in the world to date was made in the 1950's. (Bull #) They do hide technology from us and make it available when fit. As far as the drone goes Iran does not have this technology I am sure they could develop it on their own but it would cost allot money. With the drone they have a basic understanding of how to make a drone work properly and do not have to spend money or time researching. It could hold satellite secrets and network addresses. Who knows, either way it does not matter. If the media reported it, its truth. Not because its really true because their aint a damn thing any one can do about it.

I think the US Goverment has amazing cloaking technology that it hides from the public. Invisibility has been popular for some time now. I am sure it has been researched for decades now. I am sure they have the technology. Have you seen the game crysis?

They have technology that we can hardly fathom. I bet they are able to map out large spaces of land in real time with out camera's. I would not be surprised if they implemented this kind of technology into your phones. Maybe threw high pitch frequency pings, kind of like sonar. They probably have satellites that can make your hart explode at the push of a button.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Given the demonstrations of concept the public saw last year from BAE Systems with their vanishing tank and the sheet of nano material which simply appears to vanish into thin air with a charge applied, I'd say we're only a few years away if that represented the actual level of progress and innovation. As someone else noted, the F-117 was flying around and causing UFO calls arcross the Victor Valley outside Edwards AFB long before they crashed one and kinda had to spill the beans....

So, if those functional cloaking prototype systems are the same level as the Nighthawk by the time we finally knew it existed? Well... You've heard of the people listening to jets roaring above them for an hour or more on a perfectly clear sky with nothing in sight?

I'm guessing 100% on those odds you asked about, myself.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agreed. What we're actually AWARE of probably isn't cutting edge, let alone bleeding edge tech.

From some people who have been in the upper Echelons of Skunk Works and the like, their actual tech is supposedly 50 years beyond what we can even *imagine*.

Neato!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So maybe all those "Sky Noise" videos should be classified under "UFO Fleet" videos LOL

If they have advanced visual spectrum cloaking tech, then those noises could be massive fleets of ships flying over our heads and all we would think is "Hmmmmm sounds like a thunderstorm."

And any videos could be debunked as nothing but background noise.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The likelyhood is 110% just do your research.... they have it for cars, tanks and even humans.... its quite simple just very exspensive and alot of malfunctions so far..... the only thing i dont think they have yet is aircraft and big things like aircraft carriers, but if they dont have it for those 2 you can be sure they are working on it....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Id say very likely, Ill share an exp I had a while ago.

I live near march airforce base, one day I saw a strange looking plane (and it was a plane) shimmer and dissapear in a cloudless sky.

I was building a shed out side at the time and there was a few witness to it, we all agreed it was a plane of some kind.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well there is this...

I remember theorising with a peer a few years ago that basic cloaking technology will be available as soon as screens become flexible.

If it can be done on a car.....why not the bottom of a plane?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are walking among us with this ivisability tech. Anyone with the glasses on to see what these people wondering around are doing? Reminds me of that movie where this guy picks up a pair of sunglasses and sees things the way they are. I want a suit like that, then i can be the invisible man.
Or maybe i can be a ghost,poltergiest or an entity and go on the show ghost hunters. Or i can work for the vatican and i can be a demon sommoned on command only to be excercised out of the house.
Maybe i could be a private investigator that nobody sees, litterally. I could be the man that never existed and i could live in any home i chose to, with all the perks.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I heard a few times that for every 1 year we advance in our technology, the military advances 44.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Most likely we have far better than visual ...

Look a Ed Grimsley's stuff all the craft they see on nightvision ..We rarely see these craft and there seems to be a lot of them ...

Whats that tell you ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter
t he art stuff.

So i ask, what are the chances our Classified Military Projects have unlocked the secrets to Visual Spectrum Cloaking technology?

It depends on what you mean by "unlocked the secrets", but if you mean "investigated with experimental craft in ongoing R&D projects", the chance is 100%.

And if so, why do videos of UFO's still center around lights zipping across the sky? Wouldn't it be more likely that the most advanced air craft would be able to hide in plain sight by this time?

It depends on what you mean by that. Any active optical stealth materials would necessarily be expensive, and possibly fragile and could impact other desirable performance parameters.

They would be employed in ways commensurate with mission requirements and economics. If these materials were heavy and not heat-resistant, they might not employed on an air-superiority fighter which demands high-speed aerodynamic agility.

And remember that the goal would be to lower observability to such a degree that some craft could perform its mission (whatever it is, recon, comm, or combat) with sufficient degree of success in hostile airspace with enemy with a certain assumed level of capability.

This is not the same as "Being Invisible All The Time To Everybody".

I believe, without data, that some level of optical stealth technology has been developed to the point that it will start going into future generations of production aircraft, most likely the B-3 bomber which has just been opened up for competition. Possibly some may go on reconaissance UAVs which have a very low probability of being shot down.

Stealth is low-probability of detection, but even a F-22 can be detected by a sufficiently powerful radar at a sufficiently close range. The point is to make that sufficiently close range to be substantially shorter than the range at which the F-22 launches stand-off munitions; mission plans are designed around capabilities and limitations.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I heard a few times that for every 1 year we advance in our technology, the military advances 44.

Truth is more like 0.44.
edit on 9-5-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Explain?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think I've seen aircraft cloaking technology first hand. I have little doubt that this technology is already being used on military aircraft. Here is the link to what I saw a few weeks ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is fairly old tech and was patented in 1991, no telling where they have taken it in the past 22 yrs.
Here's few links with some interesting info on metamaterials and their use in cloaking tech.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.purdue.edu...

edit on 9-5-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well one characteristic of UFOs at times seems to be a cloaking ability.
Although not too successful when we take photos of them and perhaps why they
are not that popular so I'd say we have these hover craft that most likely would
be picked up by video scans of the sky so not very good cloaking but we have it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
I think I've seen aircraft cloaking technology first hand. I have little doubt that this technology is already being used on military aircraft. Here is the link to what I saw a few weeks ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is fairly old tech and was patented in 1991, no telling where they have taken it in the past 22 yrs.
Here's few links with some interesting info on metamaterials and their use in cloaking tech.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.purdue.edu...

edit on 9-5-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

The quote in that description is exactly what you'd expect. It's classic camouflage idea, make the visual image hard to decode by human eyes by matching luminance & color and presenting it with confusing patterns. The tricks are in just the decades of engineering R&D needed to make practical manufacturable materials and control systems.

You can see it when sufficiently close, but when further away or higher altitude it would be harder to see than a conventional craft.

My guess is that the first application would be reconaissance UAV's.

top topics

join