It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron says Euro needs single government - Reuters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Now I know he is speaking exclusively in terms of economic policy within the Eurozone, but I thought this would no doubt prick up some ATS ears!

Full Article

"There's nowhere in the world that has a single currency without having more of a single government," Cameron told Daily Mail.

"Making sense of the euro for me would mean that those euro zone countries would have to have much more co-ordinated economic policy, much more co-ordinated debt policy," he said.

"I have always believed different countries at times will need different economic policies, interest rates tailored to their own needs."

Cameron said, however, that it is in Britain's interest to see a return to growth in the euro zone, which accounts for 40 percent of UK exports.

"We want them to sort out the problems that they have. We want to be in the single market, we want European co-operation, we don't want to be in the euro," Cameron said.

I like that bit of double-speak at the end there: "We want to be in the single market ... we don't want to be in the euro."

Hypothetically speaking, would European economic uniformity go hand in hand with other forms of governance uniformity i.e. public policy and military? Or would NWO countries be free to set their own agendas, outside of shared economic policies?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I love that picture, its so apt. Cameron would never get us into the euro, infact over all there seems to be a growing feeling in britain towards distancing ourselves from the euro. We singed on for a free trade market which i believe was the referendum Britain got, not to be governed by brussels. Europe will eventually have to either move closer towards the 'United States of Europe' if it is to survive. that much is obvious and is probable what should have happened to start with. I think if Cameron was to try to include the UK in that I do think it would get a less then frosty reception. Time will tell i supose, personally I hope we do just trade with Europe and avoide becoming an EU state.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ein Volk
Ein Reich
Ein Fuhrer !

Peace

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would rather Britain be ruled by the Europeans.

I know of countless cases of the european court of human rights overriding Britains decision on alot of judgments. Judgments that were in my opinion corrupt and inhumane.

The British people do not believe in freedom enough and it seems to me they are quite happy to lose freedoms daily.

The amount of freedoms we have lost since 9/11 is disgusting, Britain has always been under attack from terrorists (IRA namely) we are use to it, why should something that happened in another country be just cause to take away all our rights?

I for one would be happy to take the risk of being blown up to keep my rights.

So bring on Europe

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

i would rather have a vote on it, instead of having other peoples opinions forced upon me without a say in the matter.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse

I know of countless cases of the european court of human rights overriding Britains decision on alot of judgments. Judgments that were in my opinion corrupt and inhumane.

The British people do not believe in freedom enough and it seems to me they are quite happy to lose freedoms daily.

The amount of freedoms we have lost since 9/11 is disgusting, Britain has always been under attack from terrorists (IRA namely) we are use to it, why should something that happened in another country be just cause to take away all our rights?

I for one would be happy to take the risk of being blown up to keep my rights.

So bring on Europe

You want to protect your rights by being absorbed by an unaccountable foreign bureaucracy?

Europe is not going to protect your rights.

The european court is simply a mechanism whereby our enemies can tie us in knots and mock our feebleness.

We need to bin the EU legislation and the ridiculous US extradition treaty equally. British courts and british justice for the British. It worked quite well for a long time.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

I, for one, disagree. Even Cameron put his foot down on that one, and that's saying something.

For example? The British courts may not be perfect by any means, but the legal system is pretty damned good compared to many other European courts. In fact, the British legal system stands up there with the best in the world.

Plus, some of the biggest cases get referred to the European Courts anyway. The European Courts are only reserved for very special cases, it isn't like the whole of Europe has access to them.

While I agree that British people are apathetic and politically subservient, your statement is unquantifiable. They are not 'happy' to lose freedoms, they just don't believe any action they take will have an impact on their freedom. They're disillusioned after decades of protesting in vain and getting screwed time and time again. Who wouldn't be after Thatcher, Blair and Cameron?

So bring on Europe

Europe is no better. We are not owed rights by any external institutions and there are no 'rights' - we have the 'right' to do almost anything, except what directly or indirectly harms others. There isn't a country in the world, European or otherwise, that truly grants their citizens their just freedoms.

If Britain was part of the Euro-zone in 2008, a 2012 'double-dip recession' would be the least of its worries.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
While I do sympathise with those people in Europe who are suffering because of this financial meltdown orchestrated by the NWO backers, I also believe that it has weakened the EEC and this is a good thing if it delays the further centralization of Europe and results in more nationalism. Americans should check out how the Greeks demonstrate against their government....check out YouTube.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
People of Europe need one referendum to clear this up once and for all. Do you want to join a true superstate, or do you wish to remain a sovereign independent country. The EU was never going to work without the first option being needed, all current borders and governments dismantled.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bankstersbegone

While I do sympathise with those people in Europe who are suffering because of this financial meltdown orchestrated by the NWO backers, I also believe that it has weakened the EEC and this is a good thing if it delays the further centralization of Europe and results in more nationalism.

I find that a highly simplistic way of looking at it. Never mind the fact that it ruined a whole generation? This is pretty much a worst case scenario. We were already living in police states, to some extent that's never really changed. Whether European or British, well it's just a different crest on the uniform.

Americans should check out how the Greeks demonstrate against their government....check out YouTube.

The Greeks have absolutely nothing, their country is totally wrecked - of course they're going to be fired up. The state of America is a far, far cry from the state of Greece.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scripter
People of Europe need one referendum to clear this up once and for all. Do you want to join a true superstate, or do you wish to remain a sovereign independent country. The EU was never going to work without the first option being needed, all current borders and governments dismantled.

Oh ja, Russian efficiency with French military, to defend this Tower of Babble. First agenda: Everyone gets a chip implant for faster economic service, and S-e-c-u-r-i-t-y...

new topics

top topics

join