It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decided to sign up! My intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So I have creeped this website for well over 5 years. Never signed up because although an adult with a wife, two kids, and typical life, when it comes to ufo's, aliens, and government conspiracy surrounding such topics I am a big fat paranoid nutbar who will now spend the 3 days panicking that by signing up I am unquestionably be watched and stalked by the MIB and maybe put my family at risk; yes, I really am THAT paranoid when it comes to this; damn it, now I am seriously regretting signing up -sigh-, this will NOT help my stress levels...

the sad thing other than the ufo/alien/government conspiracy side of me I am a very normal, and typical person, I keep my interest in this subject to myself and wife, I'm a very private person in general, but as this is an introduction I will give you what I'm comfortable with.

I will jump in the deep end, there is a possibility I was abducted, but I don't know if i was abducted or if it was a figment of my imagination, dream, or something I made up when i was little for attention, which after a while I ended up believing was true; you know tell a lie long enough you start believe it scenario. If anyone is interested I can tell the story.

don't really know what else to say in regards to this side of me, I believe in Aliens, I don't no believe int he whole 2012 "thing". I do believe the government know more than they say, and I do believe area 51 is unquestionably has some serious ongoings inside.

Have some questions:

1) I am on this sight simply using my home internet...is this site safe? or is it very likely this website is watched/tracked? should any security measure be taken? (i warned you i am in now paranoia meltdown mode)

2) i am starting a new job, working away for 30 days, then home for 3 days. I want to start a collection of ufo/alien books, as i have never had time in my life until now to sit and read, being away will give me that time! anyone recommend 10 fantastic "starter' books on UFO's, Aliens, UFO hunting, Government conspiracy(regarding UFO/alien)?

Thanks, any questions fire away...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikaakim

Welcome buddy. HAVE A BLAST.

Let your mind go and you will change...

You have come to the right place.

(I gave your first flag because you so open and honest...)

If I may recommend, go to the UFO/Aliens Forum and check out the beginning threads (which are locked). And then, take a stoll down Human and Cattle Mutilations. You'll never be the same!

edit on 5/9/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS....if the MIB show up at your door...serve them this cake....

Des

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks Anon & Des!

...That cake would go really well with my pot of tea i just made

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Welcome to ATS....if the MIB show up at your door...serve them this cake....

Des

Damn, Des, that looks good! Does it have chocolate underneath or it is a key lime taste?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Welcome mikaakim

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

For now you can reply to any thread you wish. And once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only at this time.

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "Topics" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Patience. Diligence. Attention to detail. Respect for your fellow members.

Take the time to research your interests and then, when at all possible, avoid politics...

Look for good posts. Take your time, consider your replies.

Never assume the worst of a complete stranger.

Try not to stereotype... don't lump those strangers into groups so you can shoot them down.

ATS is like a window into a garden of humanity where the open mind is the path stones.Take advantage of the diversity. You won't find it many other places...

-R

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

This site is safe. No men in white coats have come to take me away so far anyway. I hope you like it here and find much of interest.

I can't help you with books but there is a search engine here to help you also (on the menu next to tools, at the top).

See you in the ether.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!
And no worries,
I just went through a complete FBI background check and there was no mention of ATS.

*whew*

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I look forward to participate from under my bed

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I guess you would benefit alot if you could calm down and ask yourself what is the worst thing that could happen to you? If one realizes that a human lifetime is extremely short and that the earth is only a particle of dust in the Universe, how can one be worried about human stuff? If we just try to be good and kindhearted people in daily life, who can blame you at the end of the day?

I try to follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance(the highest characteristics of the Universe according to Falun Dafa Qi Gong) in daily life and as long as I keep those words in my mind nothing can go wrong. I also recommend meditation to people, it is very good for health and serenity.

Just my two cents and I wish you all the best in the future..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
impossible to tell whether the siteis tracked, and they won't be interested in some one believing in UFO's
anyway!

but to quell your paranoia use this browser, has it's own secure network and proxies you all over the place.

www.torproject.org...

Tor Browser project!
edit on 10-5-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join