It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Mitt Romney to support gay marriage!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Actually all Romney has to do is point to North Carolina and the other 30 states and say marriage is between a man and a woman.

Romney leans right that will get him votes if Romney parrots Obama it will lose him votes.

People this is chess they are always 15 moves ahead pitting their pawns against each other and sacrifice if need be the rest of the masses are sitting there playing checkers saying king me.

edit on 9-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just remember the ATS maxim: Romney and Obama are exactly the same. 100%

Unless that's wrong, this will be no help to Romney, or Obama. As they're exactly the same.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Well no

One is Dumb and the other is Dumber and one has a Novel Peace Prize.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
He won't do that with the republican party.

They ARE the same, but these little social issues differ - and because they differ, they might make you THINK they are different.

But the big issues that affect everyone of us - SAME.
Social issues that we all KNOW about but that only affect a minority - DIFFERENT.

Abortion, guns, gay marriage. They use those issues to make people think they are different.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And Obama to. My god.... What world we live in. Whats next? Free internet?!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You're confusing little things with big things.

Marriage as a government sanctioned institution is wholly imaginary. A fabricated construct of no real value.

The perceived differences are in these little non-issue hot buttons the plebes buy into.

Regarding the big things, such as government control and personal liberty they are absolutely identical.

Think about it this way, whether one is in favor of same-sex marriage or against same-sex marriage in taking either position they are both for government control of interpersonal relationships.

Until one comes out and says government has no business in the interpersonal relationships of consenting adults they are both the same.
edit on 9-5-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ohhhh that flip-flop Mitt is at it again!

I don't see how people vote for Mitt Romney because they like his stances on things, knowing all well how badly he is known for changing them.

He may as well pick up a D20 and just roll for his stances D&D style. I'm sure people would still vote for him.

..In all seriousness though, support of same sex marriage is the right way to go. It's just not surprising that Romney was opposed to it, and is now for it.

Cheers.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Obama has never said he supports Gay Marriage.

When he was in the senate he suppoted it. (according to the TV news)
Then in 2008 when he was running for POTUS he said he didn't.
Today .. it's all over the TV news ... he now supports gay marriage.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Another case of monkey see monkey do.

Please do not insult the monkeys, what did they ever do to you?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
To All:

Mark my words. More judgement from God will come upon our nation for this. Our society is in moral decline and has been since the late 50's. What good has come of the people falling away from the word of God? Nothing! It is a shame that we decide to support leaders whom are morally corrupt. They have no light in them for they have been given over to deceiving spirits. Pray for them as they truly need the word of God in their hearts and minds to correct their thinking.

They stump on these ideas because they will benefit from it in a worldly way. Oh....no...no...no.... what are they doing? Like Jesus Christ said, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" What profit do these two men get? In the name of tolerance, we have sold out future generations with a lie. They are morally bankrupt people with no regard for the covenant that God made with man concerning the unity of marriage between a man and a woman.

I am truly amazed at how everyone that has posted on this thread, not once, talked about the true issue at hand; not President Obama or Mitt Romney! No one has talked about how being homosexual is wrong. Being homosexual is contrary to the natural affections of the human being; male or female. It is a dark spirit that goes contrary to the way God made us. It is filthy, lewd, defiled with despising control and have no honor; an abomination to the Lord.

I will get flack for this post, but I will be silent no longer concerning these things. Those that support being homosexual want people like me to be tolerant of their speech. If I am not tolerant than I will be called a bigot and that would be correct in the use of the definition. Well, if they want me to be tolerant to things that are contrary to the way I believe, then they should be tolerant of my opposition to their position too. If they are not tolerant to my opposing view then they are themselves bigots.

I pray the Psalm 83: "Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. ".

Scoff and mock as you will. That is fine. Know that I serve a Powerful and Loving God. To Him belongs all the Glory. He is Ruler and King. His will be done; not mine nor yours! Take heed, for when the Lord stands up, His eyes will be set on the wicked and righteous alike. He will pass down judgement upon us that is perfect in all sense of the word.

Even though I might be against your ways, I will continue to pray for those that err in judgement concerning the commandments of our God. Those who do contrary to what is pure, correct and honorable. I do not and will not apologize for this post because I know that these horrible things that have been happening to our country is because of all that is against God in this country. Recognize what is happening and repent people! I fear that many will not repent and things will continue to get worse. People that have not known God or His word can not recognize why these things are happening. Therefore, they will not repent because they do not know God. They have been spiritually blinded.

I implore everyone to read the Word of God! Are you saved? Time is running out. Please, I am begging that anyone that is reading this, ask the Lord to come into your life. Ask Him for forgiveness. Ask Him to find you to be counted worthy to be in heaven. Ask Him to open your eyes and hears to His word; the truth! Trust me, He has paid the price and it is we that should beg for mercy.

May god bless you all......

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have two conversations in the last 24 hours, with Ron Paul supporters, that say there are literally no differences. It's obvious to me there are differences, but not everyone agrees. You think there's only small differences, but you might have a different opinion if you were ... I don't know... Gay.

I can't really stand the whole idea that there's no differences between the two parties; you see it repeated hundreds of times a day on ATS and it's bull#.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

I respect your right to be a superstitious religious fanatic, but I don't agree win your baseless prophesy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
tI am truly amazed at how everyone that has posted on this thread, not once, talked about the true issue at hand; not President Obama or Mitt Romney! No one has talked about how being homosexual is wrong.

Probably because that discussion would be for the 'off topic religion forum' instead of this one.
(I would think)

I implore everyone to read the Word of God!

If you can find me an unadulterated - straight from The Source Himself - 'Word of God' book that doesn't have any errors or any myths that are writen as truth; or any contradictions or any human embellishments ... I'd love to know about it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

...but you might have a different opinion if you were ... I don't know... Gay.

So homosexuality comes with an engrained desire for government to involve itself in my personal relationships?

Can't quite put my finger on it but I'm sure there's something wrong with that premise.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I can't really stand the whole idea that there's no differences between the two parties;

More like .. not much difference between Obama and Romney. There are TONS of differences between the parties, but once you get to the POTUS level, everything kind of blends together into one big corrupt machine with just superficial frosting on top to make it look good.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Obama is ONLY saying what his opinion is, so is Romney....100% the same and neither will lift a finger for that cause.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You're confusing politics with empathy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Obama has just announced that he supports, personally, the idea of gay marriage. If there's one thing I've learned from ATS it's that Obama and Romney are exactly 100% the same, ergo Romney will be announcing his support for gay marriage soon. I know this would mean that Romney would be flip-flopping, but...

So remember, there's no difference at all between Democrats and Republicans, between Obama and Romney... The countdown to Romney figuring that out begins... Now.

You were wrong....neener neener....

Romney Reaffirms Support for Traditional Marriage
Breitbart -- by Ben Shapiro

Hot on the heels of Obama's announcement in support of gay marriage, Romney has stated he opposes the idea.

Romney however supports domestic-partnership benefits.

Very controversial.

Obama has changed his mind from 4 years ago.

Will Romney ? Probably not.

Today, in response to Barack Obama’s announcement that his evolution was now complete and that he had evolved into a supporter of same-sex marriage, Mitt Romney reaffirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage. Romney stated:

My position is the same on gay marriage and it’s been well, from the beginning, and that is that marriage is a relation between a man and a woman. That’s the posture I had as governor and I have that today.
www.breitbart.com...

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You mean I'm not really psychic?!

I guess that means there are differences between the candidates! You've discovered something massive!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I can't really stand the whole idea that there's no differences between the two parties;

More like .. not much difference between Obama and Romney. There are TONS of differences between the parties, but once you get to the POTUS level, everything kind of blends together into one big corrupt machine with just superficial frosting on top to make it look good.

Yep. The CFR runs the show anyway. Current Prez is a tool and must be the spokesperson for them. He happens to a left Hegelian. When they decide to switch it will be right Hegelian but the end result will be the Same...the NWO.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join