It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Mitt Romney to support gay marriage!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Obama has just announced that he supports, personally, the idea of gay marriage. If there's one thing I've learned from ATS it's that Obama and Romney are exactly 100% the same, ergo Romney will be announcing his support for gay marriage soon. I know this would mean that Romney would be flip-flopping, but...

So remember, there's no difference at all between Democrats and Republicans, between Obama and Romney... The countdown to Romney figuring that out begins... Now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another case of monkey see monkey do.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Be a good test to see if he drops his Mormon Ideals to get elected...

Be interesting to see, but I think he will oppose simply to firm up the Christian vote that is already hesitant because of the Mormon thing.

If he went with support he could very well lose the vote and get Obama elected... So yea he might just agree with obama...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What a flip flopper state rights eh.

And Romney is no better

Say whatever the hell you think until the poltical winds change just to get votes.
edit on 9-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Moderators, this is a misleading thread. This is NOT breaking news, it's the OP's personal opinion.

Personally, I believe the Mitt Romney will take whatever position is most popular with GOP voters on this issue, at the particular time of the poll, as he has on EVERY OTHER ISSUE. If GOP voters move to support gay marriage at any time in the future, he will flip flop to the other position.

Which means he will come out against it, at least for now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Can you post a link to the Obama quote? Last I heard he supported civil unions. And Biden made some comments the other day on Gay marriage but when they asked Carney about it he said Obama had not changed his stance. They were talking about this on Fox News the other day. Has Obama made a comment since the press conference where Carney said his views remained the same?

I think this thread is wrong. Obama has never said he supports Gay Marriage. Only Civil Unions.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit- My mistake. Sorry. Obama changes his mind alot. I wonder what he believes tomorrow?
edit on 9-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Lol. If anyone is mislead by this they deserve to be mislead. You are right about one thing, it's not breaking news yet, but my psychic powers tell me that if all the ATSers are right then this is definitely gonna happen... if it doesn't, then a LOT of ATSers need to rethink their position..
edit on 9-5-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Obama declares support for gay marriage

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Germanicus

Obama declares support for gay marriage

news.yahoo.com...

Damn,you beat me before my edit.
Sorry I doubted you

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hm. Of course Romney could decide 'gay marriage' should only be for wealthy gays, whereas Obama will stand up for gays of all socioeconomic levels.

just saying

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Romney will come out (pun intended) for a Gay Mormon "heaven planet"..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

Hm. Of course Romney could decide 'gay marriage' should only be for wealthy gays, whereas Obama will stand up for gays of all socioeconomic levels.

just saying

wtf does that mean???

romney is for the rich gays obama is for all gays??

makes no sense at all..

if your for gays your for gays if your not your not

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In other news...

Romney affirms opposition to same-sex marriage

Seriously...how is your opinion breaking news? (not that I disagree that they're both the same)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Aside from the fact that you've missed a very obvious joke, you've also missed the fact that politicians have a long history of being both for and against entire groups of people, simultaneously. To wit, Obama, the President, supports the idea of gay marriage, but is cool with gays being forbidden from being married if the homophobe to homosexual ratio of certain states tips the law toward government sanctioned bias against "the gays".

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by babybunnies

Lol. If anyone is mislead by this they deserve to be mislead. You are right about one thing, it's not breaking news yet, but my psychic powers tell me that if all the ATSers are right then this is definitely gonna happen... if it doesn't, then a LOT of ATSers need to rethink their position..
edit on 9-5-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

So...ATS now has a *Breaking News* forum based on your psychic feelings.......better let the Owners, and MODS know....

Des

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

LOL. So you post something showing the candidates are different then declare its not true. What a confusing post. Are they different, like the link you posted suggests, or are they the same, like you claim to believe?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The funny thing is, your prediction might actually happen.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes, also let them know that the movie Back to the Future was totally not a documentary.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Excellent point! But I think you may have jumped the gun here.
Romney doesn't believe in equality this week. Unless you're wealthy, of course. Isn't he a conservative this month?

I have never been more proud of my president! I was against him announcing his personal opinion because of the independent votes it may lose, but his balls are WAY bigger than mine. He stood up for equality and made it clear that there are no second class citizens, in spite of the political damage it may do. This solidifies my support for Obama!

Bravo, President Obama!

edit on 5/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Breaking News! Mitt Romney to support gay marriage!

Gay/Homosexual legal unions will fade. Instead of there being a gradual inclination to acceptance, Isee one that creates various types of unions for people to pick and choose from... that the insurance industry approves, of course. Some will be wed forever... some for ten years... some for as long as they can avoid cheating.

Our future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join