It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So why'd he wait three and a half years into his presidency to make this statement?

He felt differently then. He did give his opinion on gay marriage then and since, has been educated on the issue and changed his mind. It happens all the time. I'm sure you've changed your mind about things in a span of 3-4 years.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What's his agenda for saying it now??

I'm sure you already know the answer to that Flyer...Votes Votes and Votes....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Whose votes is he likely to pick up that he didn't have before from announcing this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

At this point it seems like he is doing the sugar coating...You even said it yourself he changed his view on this issue...Obviously this issue wasn't big for him before until now...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whose votes is he likely to pick up that he didn't have before from announcing this? Explain the political benefit he's hoping to gain... Who will vote for him that wasn't going to anyway?

And no, the issue wasn't in the spotlight until the GOP brought it up in North Carolina.

edit on 5/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So why'd he wait three and a half years into his presidency to make this statement?

He felt differently then. He did give his opinion on gay marriage then and since, has been educated on the issue and changed his mind. It happens all the time. I'm sure you've changed your mind about things in a span of 3-4 years.

He's been working the issue throughout his term BH. By instructing DOJ NOT to defend DOMA (a federal law) and by eventually reversing his opinion on Don't Ask Don't Tell after caving in to the pressure. He is working this issue.

Evolution my foot.

Don't forget about the threat to withhold donations to his PAC by a certain group impacted by his new revelation. I mentioned them earlier in this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... He's just caving again.
edit on 9-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Whose votes is he likely to pick up that he didn't have before from announcing this?

It doesn't matter whose votes he is likely to gain off his announcement. It matters on the timing of when the announcement was made...Which is telling me he is just blowing smoke up people's rear ends...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
He's been working the issue throughout his term BH. By instructing DOJ NOT to defend DOMA (a federal law) and by eventually reversing his opinion on Don't Ask Don't Tell after caving in to the pressure. He is working this issue.

"The Issue" isn't just gay marriage. It's equal rights. Yes, he's been working the issue of equality for LGBTs throughout his term, but gay "marriage" has been a sticking point for him, as it is for MILLIONS of Americans. They support gay people's rights, and even civil unions (as Obama did before), but they get stuck at gay MARRIAGE.

So, yes, he's been working to protect their rights, but his personal opinion has evolved to supporting civil unions to supporting gay marriage. Many people have made that step. Yes.
They have evolved.

Don't forget about the threat to withhold donations to his PAC by a certain group impacted by his new revelation.

I am sure there are just as many dollars being withheld by other groups and individuals because of his "radical" announcement today.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
It doesn't matter whose votes he is likely to gain off his announcement.

So, you can't answer that. OK. That's what I thought. Because if anything, he will lose votes.

It matters on the timing of when the announcement was made...

So, the "timing"... What time is it? What do you mean? It was timed to coincide with what?

His timing was forced because the GOP in North Carolina brought the issue to the election. Then Biden opened his mouth, forcing the president's hand...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So, you can't answer that. OK. That's what I thought. Because if anything, he will lose votes.

If you been reading my posts from the beginning then you would know my stance...He isn't going to gain popularity anyways...

So, the "timing"... What time is it? What do you mean? It was timed to coincide with what? His timing was forced because the GOP in North Carolina brought the issue to the election. Then Biden opened his mouth, forcing the president's hand...

As the President of the U.S. I didn't know he had to wait for others to tell him what to say, and when to say it....

Your excuse for trying to stand up for this guy is quite disturbing...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
was against Obama saying anything because it may very well LOSE him votes of some of the more conservative Democrats in Indiana, Ohio, etc., not to mention the independents in the battleground states...

I totally agree. I dont think it will gain him any votes. He'll lose some.
But still .. why'd he do it now? I don't understand. He's been in almost 4 years.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If you been reading my posts from the beginning then you would know my stance...He isn't going to gain popularity anyways...

I have been reading your posts in this thread. You said he did it for votes. LOTS of votes:

What's his agenda for saying it now??

I'm sure you already know the answer to that Flyer...Votes Votes and Votes....

And now you're saying his popularity won't increase... How would he get so many damn votes if he wasn't more popular? Your logic isn't like our Earth logic, I'm afraid...

You said he had an agenda for doing it NOW, and it's votes. I simply asked WHOSE votes and you can't answer. You know this is MAY? A full 1/2 year from the election? The timing for the election is WAY off!

Your excuse for trying to stand up for this guy is quite disturbing...

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of exposing the logic flaws in your argument...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of exposing the logic flaws in your argument...

I think you trying so desperately to point out logical flaws at this point won't help your argument either...So you think Obama made this announcement from the kindness of his heart? Are you certain that he isn't doing it for other reasons? I would hate to find out that his strings were being pulled while he made this announcement...The irony...
edit on 9-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

You nitpicking at small flaws is just as important as Obama making this announcement...It doesn't matter...What matters is the reason behind why he would make such an announcement...Your obviously looking the other way. So how can I be logical if your being illogical?
edit on 9-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ah! A worthy debate opponent!

But still .. why'd he do it now? I don't understand. He's been in almost 4 years.

I said it in one of my posts here. Obama most likely didn't want this to come out for discussion, for fear of losing conservative Dem and independent votes, but after North Carolina's recent news about changing its Constitution, Biden was asked what his opinion was. He, like the goofus he is, laid it all out. The VP supported gay marriage! Naturally, the left AND right went after Obama, saying he should state HIS views if they have changed...He got quite a bit of pressure from the left to make a statement. It's been couched like that on MSNBC for days.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What matters is the reason behind why he would make such an announcement...

And that is? What is the reason?

edit on 5/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good for him. Even if HE believes his words or not, it's still going to help many same sex couples out there to a huge degree and that is what counts. Good for him a million fold. And yes, I'm a Paul supporter but I know GOOD when I see it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And that is? What is the reason?

Well according to the OP, Obamas support toward gay marriages would help out his base...And for what reasons? I don't know genius you tell me, maybe because it is his re-election year?...I'm sure a kindergartner could of figured that out...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

His base already supports gay marriage and him, whether or not he does. If anything it is going to cost him votes, from the people stuck in the middle, not gain.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hell most men would be happy to be in a some sex marriage

maybe thats why the sex is only for procreeation types hate gays so much
jealousy...

and to much ummm time in their hands
edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join