It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Affirms His Support for Same Sex Marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Personally, I don't give a flying rat's ass either way.

I really don't care either, but these seem like desperate times for Obama where he has to make a good sales pitch before the election...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
How does spporting gay marriage help our economy?

Supporting gay marriage doesn't do anything. No one claimed it did.

But gay marriages in the US sure would help! Have you seen the lavish, over-the-top weddings that some straight people have? Just imagine the gay weddings! Millions of dollars spent on flowers. wedding planners, decor, food, parades! Oh! It will be fantastic! And millions will be spent!

How does it solve the 25% unemployment?

And finally, how can he tax it?

What are you talking about? Did he claim gay marriage would solve unemployment or balance the budget?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well why don't we just go ahead and support bestiality or necrophilia. Why not marry animals or whatever else is unnatural so long as you love it. I love grilled steak, should I marry it? Same sex marriage in unnatural. What was the point of having 2 sexes if you don't need the other. This has nothing to do with rights or freedoms but everything to do with immorality. I don't care if you do not believe in the God of the Bible, sexual immorality is detrimental to the family unit especially homosexuality. Let me give you a few reasons why it is wrong:
It Is Not Marriage
Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.
It Violates Natural Law
It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother
It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right
It Does Not Create a Family but a Naturally Sterile Union
It Defeats the State’s Purpose of Benefiting Marriage
It Imposes Its Acceptance on All Society

link   
reply to post by beezzer

A 15 trillion dollar debt,a Housing market that will not recover for a generation,88 million Americans out of work or under employed, over 100 million Americans living off taxpayer dime.

They wanna talk about LGBT talk bout priorities being out of whack.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Have ANY of your views changed or evolved over the past 4 years?

I once was against gun ownership. My views changed.
It happens with folks who are willing to open their minds.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This solidifies my decision to vote for him again.

I had you pegged for Romney. What gives??

How do you feel about Obama's safety net? It is still a State issue in his mind. It's just lip service and hot air.

edit on 9-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by beezzer
How does spporting gay marriage help our economy?

Supporting gay marriage doesn't do anything. No one claimed it did.

But gay marriages in the US sure would help! Have you seen the lavish, over-the-top weddings that some straight people have? Just imagine the gay weddings! Millions of dollars spent on flowers. wedding planners, decor, food, parades! Oh! It will be fantastic! And millions will be spent!

How does it solve the 25% unemployment?

And finally, how can he tax it?

What are you talking about? Did he claim gay marriage would solve unemployment or balance the budget?

Nope. But the focus is on this instead of whats really important.

YAY. Steve and Steve can get married..

Whoopty-effing-doo!

Now how about some substance. Real issues. Gays can't PAY for weddings IF THEY AREN"T MAKIN MONEY!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I kind of find it funny all the Conservatives claiming something like "So...how does this help the economy???"

I thought you guys were freedom loving Constitution lovers...shouldn't you be happy that your Presdient (yes...YOUR President) is coming out for EQUALITY and defending peoples freedom to love and marry who they want???

Or do you have stiulations on Freedom and Equality???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Same sex marriage in unnatural.

Nothing humans do is "unnatural" since we are part of Nature.

Besides...marriage is a human construct...why can't we re-define what we have already made up anyway???

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China personally i don't give a rats ass about gay marriage the difference here is using political manipulation against 2 pawns- the church and the LGBT community-the left and the right to create a wedge partisan issue to garner votes.

They don't care what the church thinks the only thing they want is recognition from the Goverment to give them money via taxes, and divorce and parental rights.

Now considering from the mouth of the great big O he said it was a state right then why is the Government chiming in now of all times?

link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Still doesn't answer my question on how Obama thinks this is going to change anything for him...

Did Obama say he thinks this is going to change something for him? Did I miss something?

I have never been more proud of my president! He stood up for equality, even though it may lose him some independent votes. This solidifies my decision to vote for him again.

Really? Solidifies? Your post history doesn't bear out any gullibility on your part. I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, and absolutely no offense to you is intended. I'm just trying to figure out how one of the most intelligent people on this entire site can fall so easily for his political maneuvering.

/TOA

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

A 15 trillion dollar debt,a Housing market that will not recover for a generation,88 million Americans out of work or under employed, over 100 million Americans living off taxpayer dime.

They wanna talk about LGBT talk bout priorities being out of whack.

Remember...it isn't Obama that is making this an issue...he didn't put the gay marriage ban amendment on the North Carolina ballot....that was Republicans.

I guess those Republicans have their priorities out of whack....don't you agree???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I thought you guys were freedom loving Constitution lovers...shouldn't you be happy that your Presdient (yes...YOUR President) is coming out for EQUALITY and defending peoples freedom to love and marry who they want???

How about Freedom and Equality for all, and not just a particular group...Ok, so gay people get the Presidents support, ok...Still isn't a universal issue...I am happy for them, but how does this help out people who aren't gay?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

For crylng out loud liberals get all their talking points from Obama and then the left wing media picks that up and works the public into a frenzy over it.

Political manipulation

Meh.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I kind of find it funny all the Conservatives claiming something like "So...how does this help the economy???"

I've always held the view that gay folks can do whatever they want. Marry, divorce, buy a yak and live in a yurt in downtown Pigknuckle Arkansas for all I care.

North Carolina had a vote.

Big deal. State rights.
gaygaygaygaygaygaygaygay

Now lets talk aboutreal issues.

Or is Obama going to change what his favourite colour is?

Obama: "I went with puce instead of amber after careful deliberation. . . . . . "

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Whoah!! Freedom to love and marry who they want??? I keep hearing that. Like Bidens speech on loving one another.. Sure. So, does that include those who "love" children, and "love" relatives enough to want to marry one. (pedophiles and incest) How about those who choose to love many men or women and wish to marry all of them? Animal Lovers?? Sure its extreme but the same logic can apply.

Where does it stop? When does it stop?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

How about Freedom and Equality for all, and not just a particular group...Ok, so gay people get the Presidents support, ok...Still isn't a universal issue...I am happy for them, but how does this help out people who aren't gay?

Maybe people who aren't gay will have a gay son or daughter, grandson or granddaughter in the future....they should be happy that we may one day live in a country where they aren't tormented and treated like second class citizens because of their sexual preference.

Everyone should be happy when our leaders promote Equality rather than other people wanting to cast a group of people out as "bad".

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I have never been more proud of my president! He stood up for equality, even though it may lose him some independent votes. This solidifies my decision to vote for him again.

Me too.

Yes he's a politician - - and yes votes are important in his position.

But - - I honestly believe this is his personal statement. Good Goin! Obama

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I have stipulations on truth and honesty. When they are politically motivated, they are null and void. His truth and honesty are as malleable as lead (and just as toxic), depending on the heat and pressure of lobbyists.

/TOA

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

For crylng out loud liberals get all their talking points from Obama and then the left wing media picks that up and works the public into a frenzy over it.

Political manipulation

Meh.

I'm not understanding your outrage unless you are truly that against same sex marriage.

Romney is free to make the same statement...or he can keep his position that same sex marriage is icky...and then the American public can look at that difference and determine if that will make a difference in their vote.

Why the hate???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join