It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThePirateBay is no longer safe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

"You are forgetting that the American government" As all of planet earth should my friend coz there a nasty, nasty piece of work! Death to the American Goverment! Free the people, free the world!!!
edit on 10-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by petrus4

"You are forgetting that the American government" As all of planet earth should my friend coz there a nasty, nasty piece of work! Death to the American Goverment! Free the people, free the world!!!

just what we need american hating commies..

great insight learned alot about tpb from that post

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think it is terrible and disgusting how 'they' are trying to restrain the freedoms of the citizens of this planet. It is something like reverse evolution...instead of becoming smarter becoming more stupid. We, as a species should enjoy our technological progress and evolved consciousness....Why are there allways people or a group of people trying to do what is wrong for all of us..?

For what lame reason are 'they' against sites like TPB..? When all arguments are reduced to zero it will come probably down to less profit, less money for the family tree...the paranoid compulsive need to control. I find it really sad that We The People of this planet have little to stop the abomination that is going on....

Your argument doesn't hold water. And it's clear you have never produced anything of value.

Take the next leap in your mind.
The day when paper books are gone.
The day when all music is mp3.
No physical media at all.

You write a book. Not just any old book but a killer of a book. The next Harry Potter. Since publishers have been out of business for a few years, you become your own author/publisher. You take the standard route of listing it through Amazon. It gets rave reviews and sales soar to 5000 in the first week. But then some punk ass kid puts his copy up on TorrentsRus. Your sales flat line but your are the most talked about book in the world.
Is torrent sharing still fair?

File sharing is fun until it's your money on the line.

edit on 10-5-2012 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

"just what we need american hating commies..

great insight learned alot about tpb from that post"

Sorry if the fact that the US goverment is totaly full of corruption offends you sometimes the truth hurts. Rest assured the truth will out. Also i dont hate America just the totalitarian fiends that are in power over your masses. And communist??? I think not more like anarchist if the truth be told. If it helps then know that the goverment in my country are just as bad as your own. Peace, TPB Rules, Hack the Planet!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Torrents law enforcement at least can track and shut down heavy users. If pirates get squeezed so hard that usenet becomes the next big thing it will be even harder for the enforcement.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm 99% sure it's a voluntary study. If you actually check the site out, it asks you to participate in the study and doesn't force you to be tracked by the group. You have to click a button saying you'd participate and it most likely is a questionnaire asking about your torrenting habits. Like others said, the site is no more or less safe than it was last week.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by zatara

I think it is terrible and disgusting how 'they' are trying to restrain the freedoms of the citizens of this planet. It is something like reverse evolution...instead of becoming smarter becoming more stupid. We, as a species should enjoy our technological progress and evolved consciousness....Why are there allways people or a group of people trying to do what is wrong for all of us..?

For what lame reason are 'they' against sites like TPB..? When all arguments are reduced to zero it will come probably down to less profit, less money for the family tree...the paranoid compulsive need to control. I find it really sad that We The People of this planet have little to stop the abomination that is going on....

Your argument doesn't hold water. And it's clear you have never produced anything of value.

When I read those two sentences I stopped reading.....

Jesus man,....how can you start a serious debate with such words.

edit on 18/5/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I use tribler myself, I don't know how safe it is but it doesn't use a website, it's like napster was back when it first started.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe people who can afford it should spend the money towards blu rays and legal downloads. The money for future projects has to come from somewhere. Pirating to safe what is a pittance to you will ruin it for those people who work 12 hours shift on minimum wage and thanks to the internet, at least have a bit of an distraction.

Of course given the fact that in the recent past new records have been posted at the box office I am confident those who can afford it do spend the money and they are acting on the illusion that the fight will improve their bottom line.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

We have arrived... a week ago The Pirate Bay has been blocked by my provider.

Blocked message page of TPB site by UPC

UPC is going to protest because of this imbecil attempt to take away our freedom of information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join