It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing Zorgon. Just went through the pain of reading all the posts (habit of mine).

Now my 2 cents.

Sensationalism: Heck yea. Whatever gets the public attention.
Do I have a problem with it? Absolutely not.
Does everyone try to attract people to their posts? Of course.
Does it make the info provided any more/less valuable? For sure not.

Unfortunately 70% (my feeling after reading through 8 pages) of the posts are off topic and involve morale lessons. Some people really need to get over themselves.

The point is that this object is suspected to have been formed by organic life forms. Does it hurt the skeptics? It seems it does but it shouldn't. The possibility has always been there, now we might have hard evidence.

Conclusion:
Open a post that interests you. Read until interesting to you. If you have something to add, do. If not, hit the back button and off to another post.

Enjoy your day/night
StringTh

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Is it from mars? Is it absolutely a egg? Of what (obviously some bacteria, but is there any possible way to verify what strain, or is it too much of just a fossil for such identifications to be even plausable)?

If this is
1) From mars and
2) Life

Then this is indeed earth shattering.

Show me where in the bible it talks about creating life on mars....the core of the bible depends on earth alone being the life planet..yep, in the whole universe, only earth has life on it, hand crafted by a deity.

From a theological standpoint for those who believe in the bible;
The bible doesn't say that the earth is the only place in the universe that has life on it. That's an assumption that people make. The bible discusses the theology involved in how life came about on earth, but it doesn't say it's the only place with life. Why would it? We live on earth, our ancestors lived on earth, thousands of years ago, they didn't have the concept of planets and stars and solar systems and the universe that we have today, so they wouldn't have bothered to talk about life on those things they didn't realize existed.
The bible doesn't discuss Pluto, but Pluto exists. The bible doesn't discuss the periodic table, but it exists. There are infinitely many things that exist that aren't mentioned in the bible, that doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means those things weren't the focus of the bible. Finding life on other planets doesn't disprove the bible so life or no life out there doesn't affect the beliefs of Christianity.

The bible states that god formed the earth to be inhabited, and only the earth. The stated purpose of all the stars and heavenly lights is to mark the seasons and to give light to earths "inhabitants", this of course doesn't mean that the stars can't be inhabited as well. Also, the bible does speak of non-terrestrial life, but are of the spiritual realm, called angels. So while the bible doesn't exactly say whether or not there is actual biological life on other planets, it is certainly not silent on the issue as some would have us believe.

I'm sure you'd be willing to post the verses that say that if it indeed does say so. To my knowledge, it does not. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, but I would need to see the verses you are referring to before I will concede to being wrong about this. In particular, I'd like to see where it says that "only the earth" would be inhabited. ESPECIALLY since even the pope has acknowledged there is most likely extra-terrestrial life out there.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
off topic. sorry
edit on 5/10/2012 by Anonymous404 because: off topic.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluFenix

Originally posted by zorgon

meteorito-meteorite.blogspot.com...

This is not a reliable or reputable source.

journalofcosmology.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...

Cosmology is not a reliable or reputable science. This journal is not adhered to by the scientific community at large.

Here are the guys in charge of the Journal:
JournalofCosmology.com...

It doesn't look unreliable to me... Guys from Harvard, Oxford, Nasa etc...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
reply to post by guitarplayer

Im not a expert, but i will say that is nearly impossible, due to our gravity strengh and our atmosphere.!
In Mars the gravity is weaker and the atmosphere not so "dense" as in the Earth.
edit on 10/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

edit on 10/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

This rock is what 300-400 million years old? When did Mars loose most of it's atomsphere?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hate to say been there done that but geez....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
tru galaxy has more than 50,000,000,000 I know of but there is further....

edit on 10-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

Everyone think they are so big and bad now?

As Grandson to someone who was a Lt. Col. in Roswell...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yeah just a Prince but..... I'll take that.... me either

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
About Martian meteorites:

How did Martian meteorites get here?
How do we know they are pieces from Mars?
How to recognize a Martian meteorite
Why are Martian meteorites important? Where on Mars do they come from?
How old are they?
Evidence for life?
... and more...

Look here:
www.imca.cc...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
in 2001ish I was at the Air Force Academy watching the entire program being rolled out in their movie theater. Prove them wrong.....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by daynight42
Exaggerations, Lies, and Sensationalism serve nothing but to entertain and obscure what we're all really here for.

Entertainment.... THAT is all you and most others are really here for. Because if you were here for REAL research you would stop wasting time with silly posts complaining about things and get on with it an show us how its done

So guess what? Your STUCK with sensational headlines
Because you wouldn't have anything to comment on otherwise

edit on 10-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I'm here for information that would be harder to find otherwise on other sites. To come across it here, I have to sort through all the crap people like you post (lies, exaggerations, sensationalism). If it were entertainment I was looking for, I'd watch a Hollywood production, go to YouTube, watch TV, or go read the National Inquirer. Enough people do those things already, so I limit my exposure to such things.

I will continue to defend appropriate and honest titles as long as I get caught up in ones that are not such. That means embarrassing the people who write them with the truth of the matter. My head is out of the sand. Keep pulling, and maybe yours will come out soon.
edit on 10-5-2012 by daynight42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by daynight42

hear hear! I am with you.

too bad it's easier for some to call me a debunker (how can someone who states upfront he's not going to debate the content due to a lack of information be a debunker) than to be careful in crafting posts.

tnx for pointing to your thread!

We are certainly a minority here. Most people are leaning toward the 'sheeple side' and are willing to consume anything thrown to them despite their claims to seek truth.

I stand up for it and will continue to no matter how much the liars outnumber me. That's what I feel I'm here for. It ain't no picnic, but somebody's got to do it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Sadly, the title was meant to get as many views as possible. Disingenuous. I'd still have clicked had it read Egg Shape found in martian meteorite. But I probly won't next time due to the nature of how I came to here this time.

Who's to say it ISN'T an egg? You came here NOT because of the title BUT because of the absolute possibility of it being fact - which it may well be. IF you already believe there is NOT life or any possibility of egg shapped rocks you would not have come here.

Everyone wants to be a great debunker but suffer a classic case of ignorance and lack research capability. SO it is easier to try and debunk that to do what Zorgon is doing and INVESTIGATE and present.

Unfortunately with his efforts most of the adudience, which is good, are to wanna-be-debunkers.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I believe it's entirely possible that there was once life on Mars. However, I just don't believe this particular object is an example of it or proof of it.
Most wouldn't

That doesn't mean that we won't get proof or that there was never life there, it's just that this particular example isn't indicative of it.
Humans do this all the time - "it's possible but THIS time it's BS" - humansa like to cover their @sses JUST incase so that no one can say "i told you so" - we like to APPEAR intelligent especially when we have no clue...

I feel that it's just an egg shaped rock, a very tiny egg shaped rock, and nothing more.
oh absolutely! a very WELL cleanly shapped rock. I wonder if "Nature" exists on other planets?? nah - perhaps it's just an "Earth" thing...

Now, if the geysers posted are found to contain petroleum, that would be proof for me
There is SO much more info available to offer an intelligent being the truth they require...

Originally posted by PurpleChiten that there was life at one time. If we find actual fossils, that would be proof that there was life at one time. A microscopic pebble in the shape of an egg is not proof that there was life at one time.
The absense of proof is not proof of absense. There is probably life on all the planets in out solar system in some form or other. What is "an actual fossil"? It appears it had better NOT be an egg of any size, shape or form!!

Originally posted by PurpleChitenI accept the hypothesis but reject the example as proof of the hypothesis.
Of course you do!! Or you would NOT be human... you HAVE to agree, as you have done in this statement, that it is possible life exists so that, once again, you would not be ridiculed later and can say "YEAH i knew it was possible" when yuor expectation of proove has been furnished...

Our galaxy is more than likely TEAMING with life but being naive is human

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Very interesting paper from the same Journal!!
It's about fossilized bacterias found in CI1 meteorites. Good for complementary research on the current topic, and equally fantastic.

journalofcosmology.com...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It is egg shaped, not an egg. If it were an egg, it would have some sort of embryonic structure, and something equivalent to DNA. That's the rub, isn't it? Organic molecules tend to form rings, so there's no reason why organic molecules wouldn't form a spherule in the absence of biological processes. In order to classify these blobs as organisms, it would be necessary to find some sort of internal structure, and something equivalent to DNA. The spectroscopy does not show any nitrogen or phosphorous, although this latter might be present in quantities too small to be detected. What Wallis, et al, need to do is isolate a blob from the matrix and analyse it chemically. Until then, they are, literally, just little greaseballs.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This truly is a fascinating find.

But as we all know, some people will just use this as an opportunity to whine about those who take the time to find these things and bring them to you, we must ignore these people.

Let us instead focus on the remarkable discovery that these scientists made inside a martian meteorite: possible evidence of live. These "greaseballs" or "eggs" might represent an ancient form of life and the day might come when humans find living versions of organism with a similiar appearance with our mars probes.

Until then, we should all be glad of the people who go out of the way to bring these fascinating new thing to us.

Excellent thread Zorgon.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
wow, how did they find that ? Are there drones scouting the "earth: down there ?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
reply to post by guitarplayer

Im not a expert, but i will say that is nearly impossible, due to our gravity strengh and our atmosphere.!
In Mars the gravity is weaker and the atmosphere not so "dense" as in the Earth.
edit on 10/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

edit on 10/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

This rock is what 300-400 million years old? When did Mars loose most of it's atomsphere?

The distribution of isotopes and molecules in the remaining atmosphere suggest that Mars had a much denser atmosphere in the remote past. The evidence of water flow on the surface leads to the same conclusion. Due to its lack of a significant magnetic field, the solar wind probably strippped away much of the original atmosphere, as also happened on Mercury. Mars being colder and the wind slightly weaker at the greater distance, it has managed to retain some atmosphere, unlike Mercury.
What we don't know exactly is what kind of natural event happened to the planet that can explain the actual conditions. Many theorys, Especulation, but nothing confirmed atm.

IMHO something must have happened to the planet core, and just that is a sufficient explanation for the loss of the magnetic field strengh! but that is just my personal guess, as i told before, i am not a expert in the field im just a Chemistry/ Physics afficionado!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Who's to say it ISN'T an egg?

I think everybody with a little Bio knowledge from school can say that for sure!...

Think a little mate...that "Thing" is 10 Microns size!

A male sperm cell is the same size (just the head,without the "tail")
A woman Ovum is 100 Microns...
So we are talking about something at a CELL level size!
Cell organisms don't "lay eggs", they use binary fission like bacterium!(One divides in 2, and so on).
(Bacteria range in size from 0.2-2 microns in width or diameter, and up to 1-10 microns in length for the nonspherical species. The largest known bacterium is Thiomargarita namibiensis, with spheroidal diameters from 100-750 microns. Spherical bacteria as small as 50-500 nm in diameter have been reported tough)

So... what is represented in the martian rock can only be one of 3 things...:

- A single cell remaining from some type of organic tissue! - Not likely...
- A single cell organism Bacterium type! - Possible!
- A "node" of some chemical/mineral element formed by some natural process. Most possible!

So...no way to call that a Egg! it is a "Egg shaped object" indeed, but the relation with that word ends there!

edit on 11/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Some typos

edit on 11/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join