It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

You were intrigued by them.

So I linked you to some information on them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have been studying them since 2010... I may have had a break from Mars related topics recently but I know about them... I didn't add the entire off-site content but it's there for all to read at the JPL website in the link I provided...

I have read the Wiki link but rather add the JPL content..

I don't just post random crap man.... You are trolling me!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Harte

wow fantastic and productive post as usual harte
That could almost be considered trolling!?

Do you have anything of interest to add to this thread?
edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

How about a side of bacon?

Harte

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

yuuum bacon strips!!!

Good for the heart... harte

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

hear hear! I am with you.

too bad it's easier for some to call me a debunker (how can someone who states upfront he's not going to debate the content due to a lack of information be a debunker) than to be careful in crafting posts.

tnx for pointing to your thread!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If we are to believe Mars had life in the past, chances are it's still there in one form or another.

With these bits of evidence trickling in, I wonder if mars ever had complex life (animals)? Perhaps there are fossils hidden under the surface of Mars?

It wouldn't seem that hard (maybe expensive) to set up a breathable atmosphere in an excavation or martian cave, as long as everyone has emergency oxygen readily available. Just image the treasures we could potentially find.

Hell, it's a whole other world altogether... what the hell are we waiting for, lets go! I'm not gonna live forever.
edit on 10-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I don't think there's any problem proving that life once existed on Mars.

The problem is proving that life still exists there...although really, I'm more interested in finding another Earth within viable transportation range.

It'll be hilarious to watch how long it take before we decide to conquer the planet.

It's very interesting that you mention that Star..I was just thinking about that the other night, that we actually find an Earth-like planet within current technology range, that is sustaining intelligent life, and we meet them, and later try to rule them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think the important thing to note here is the scale. Thanks to the guy who added the scale, because without this it looks like an egg that can be viewed with the eye. Instead this is something that has been viewed with a high powered electron microscope. Does look interesting but it is not a large chicken egg sized object as seems to be suggested.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimsu1987
it is not a large chicken egg sized object as seems to be suggested.

I dont believe anyone suggested that

The whole point is they found BACTERIA INSIDE the meteorite and not outside

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What is the big issue about this egg anyway, you can't even eat it anymore.
I'd rather find an egg that I could eat.
Maybe that bacteria will eat all of us if it's the wrong kind, that's just a backwards way of thinking.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
What is the big issue about this egg anyway, you can't even eat it anymore.
I'd rather find an egg that I could eat.
Maybe that bacteria will eat all of us if it's the wrong kind, that's just a backwards way of thinking.

The implications are that life is everywhere, and that life on Earth may have come from other planets

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

It's pretty evident that life didn't have to form here. DNA could have come from outerspace and interact with some life forms that were native here. The possibility of this happening is better than the possibility that all life here was formed here. A frozen comet would be a good source of DNA and RNA transfer to earth. Just like cryogenic freezing we use today.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We're going to be on about our usual way, finding nanometers' worth of alien life, and sooner or later, a massive friggen mothership, the size of our moon, will manifest itself, and everyone's jaws are going to hit the floor....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Mmmm... Scrambled martian eggs and bacon...... Anyone else hungry?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Is it from mars? Is it absolutely a egg? Of what (obviously some bacteria, but is there any possible way to verify what strain, or is it too much of just a fossil for such identifications to be even plausable)?

If this is
1) From mars and
2) Life

Then this is indeed earth shattering.

Show me where in the bible it talks about creating life on mars....the core of the bible depends on earth alone being the life planet..yep, in the whole universe, only earth has life on it, hand crafted by a deity.

With even a microbe originating from mars, this completely flushes all major religions (finally). Maybe then we can stop dwelling in fairy tales and start towards an actual world based on academics and scientific achievement..get into space, start colonizing things, clean up the earth, etc...

Don't mean to go on a rant here, but yes, finding life elsewhere should encourage a dramatic change in how we do things here...Every secularist, atheist, agnostic, or whatever should be demanding more money be spent digging around mars to find even a single ancient bacteria in order to finally leave the dark ages.

Will this egg be the atheists egg? who knows..maybe...but certainly its importance should not be downplayed.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

They are already out there waiting.
What they are waiting for is my concern.
Maybe we aren't chemically treated yet, maybe we aren't edible
They are going to leave some here so they can come back in another thousand years and feast. Sounds like something off Stargate Atlantis doesn't it. I just can't come up with anything original on this subject, Hollywood has got too many shows and movies out there about aliens.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Other aspects to consider about this (potential) martian egg.

We have studied one planet in depth (ours) and there is obviously abundant life.
We have studied the moon...no atmosphere to speak of, so meh, nothing there of note
We are now studying our nearest neighbor..and if there is indeed signs of life, be it now or in the past, then does that say about chances of life "out there" in general...not microbe little life long ago as mars is showing, but like, galactic federations and stuff.

Does this effect the statistical guesses of the Drakes equasion? Remembering that was quite conservative about his numbers...perhaps space is super abundant in life everywhere...maybe its a situation that wherever life could possibly exist in some form, it simply does...anything that has an atmosphere may indeed have life (or have had).

If this is the case, then its time to consider the questions such as, well, where are they?
Wouldn't it suck to find out this is indeed true, and there are probably billions of super advanced civilizations, but physics simply will not allow FTL travel, or any sort of space warp/fold thing...that we are all relatively stuck to our specific solar system..maybe a nearby star over many generations..bah. if thats the case, and we are all stuck on our tiny islands for eternity, I am not sure I would want to know.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

There is no way to know it's from mars. If another planet exploded in our solar system it could have left debris there and also here on earth. Maybe because earth had previous life on it things turned out different and the debris was broken down by our life and changed into other forms of rock. If earth blows up it might trigger new life on venus. Maybe we can send a bunch of high temperature microbes to venus to start things going.

If we ever evolve enough and are trustworthy enough the Aliens may contact us. Right now we are too violent and competative of a race of beings to allow us to intermingle with them.
edit on 10-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

Originally posted by nimsu1987
it is not a large chicken egg sized object as seems to be suggested.

I dont believe anyone suggested that

The whole point is they found BACTERIA INSIDE the meteorite and not outside

No they didn't find bacteria...they found "spherical globules rich in Carbon and Oxygen...which are consistent with remnants of biological structures". In other words, they found two very common molecules bound together in a way that suggests they were put that way by some form of life.

Preliminary SEM/EDAX studies of the Tissint meteorite shows projections of interior spherical globules rich in C and O. Such concentrations of carbonaceous material in a matrix of mineral grains poses a mystery if biological processes are excluded. They are consistent with remnants of biological structures, thus supporting earlier similar claims for the Mars meteorite ALH84001.

Source

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by SaturnFX

There is no way to know it's from mars.

What are you credentials?

Source

Meteorites are also known to have originated on both the moon and Mars. We have visited both worlds (the former via NASA's Apollo program in the late 1960's and early 1970's, Moon & Mars and the latter via a series of unmanned missions centered around a variety of sophisticated rovers), and, having studied ratios of stable isotopes such as oxygen-16, oxygen-17 and oxygen-18, have come to understand the signature of these parent bodies to the extent whereby we can all but absolutely connect the origin of certain meteorites to these bodies.

Sounds like they are pretty sure actually. What is your opposing argument based on 50 years of refining science to determine origin?

Not saying I am fully siding with this being from mars...in the same way I am not fully stating that reality is physical and not just a vivid dream...but I am going to probably go with the best science verses someones opinion...do you offer more than just an opinion on that statement?

edit on 10-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: added a source

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join