It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon66
Honestly, I call bs.
No offence to believers!

NASA/US Gov would have kept this quiet

Believers are not offended because this is not a matter of belief. You've go straight facts that this is (probably) the second organism fossil found. I think this is a good picture how far some can get in their skepticism to not even say for ONCE 'Hey it's possible'.

I think just like scientists talk about newly found planets and water, they would have no reason to hide existence of mciroorganism. Partailly you have a point because:

- Even the existence of microorganisms found elsewhere confirmed may make people ask - ARE WE ALONE and this time it may be a heavy push on the government when it comes to UFOs.

Or

Since microorganisms possess no threat to the Earth, then there is no reason to hide such information.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Migah

Originally posted by Starchild23
I don't think there's any problem proving that life once existed on Mars.

The problem is proving that life still exists there...although really, I'm more interested in finding another Earth within viable transportation range.

It'll be hilarious to watch how long it take before we decide to conquer the planet.

oh, just wait until USA finds a planet rich on oil! i bet they would try to tell us, that the 1 legged, 2cm tall insects living on the planet, are trying to hurt us!!

Insect you say !
LOL ever watch the movie called Quartermass & the Pit ? ( Hammer Sci Fi film )

Quatermass and the Pit

Quatermass begins to have a working theory as to what is going on. He believes that in its most primitive phase mankind was visited by this race. Some humans were taken away and genetically altered to have special abilities such as telepathy, telekinesis and other psychic powers. They were then brought back to Earth — the buried artefact was one of the return ships that had crashed. The idea was that, with their home world dying, the aliens had tried to change humanity's ancestors to have minds and abilities like theirs, created in their own mental image, but with a bodily form adapted to Earth. In effect, humanity are the Martians. However, the plan was a partial failure: the aliens died out before completing their work, and as the human race bred and further evolved, only a percentage of it retained these abilities, with even these only surfacing sporadically. For centuries the buried ship itself had been occasionally triggering these dormant abilities. This explained the reports of poltergeists, people were unknowingly using their own telekinesis to move objects around them, the ghost sightings being traces of a race memory. It also explained the history of witchcraft and why people attributed it to a being they identified as the devil; the pentagram would have been the symbol for this alien race.

en.wikipedia.org...

Those Aliens that look like incests !

Ironically we Humans have alot in common Mentally Creative Ability Curiosity like Insects Bees Ants mostly ...

Then Primates we have the Physical part of Primates and emotions and Common instincts ..

The Martian Eggs is there a Animal here on earth that produces an Egg that Small ? 10 um?
Insect ?

Ill think im going to watch Quarter Mass and the Pit Again ..... :
:

Back on track here

is that Meteorite the fell came from this Anomaly ?

Strange cloud formations on Mars, a mystery **updated**
by Mark Murrin
www.tech-stew.com...

Something that caused the formation of this Cloud ejected from the surface some explosion bringing debris
aka a Meteorite and Ice particles and it eventually came here ? possible

Martian water ice clouds: A view from Mars Global Surveyor Thermal Emission Spectrometer
www.agu.org...

and recently 03/24/2012

Strange cloud formations on Mars, a mystery **updated**
by Mark Murrin
www.tech-stew.com...

and for Zorgon Showing Geysers there ya go!!!! Martian Oil plausible reason Methane Gas in the Atmosphere of Mars that has been recently discovered and more of it ....

Question Is is it Biological

(NASA)
Martian Methane Reveals the Red Planet is not a Dead Planet
www.nasa.gov...

edit on 10-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: MY BAD typing O Boy

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
First of all, entry of this rock turns it into a ball of fire ... purification, that would kill all microbiological life on it. Second, even if this object is egg-shaped, it is more like and in fact, most-likely a product of the heat process of entry, and sudden cooling, rather than an egg that was planeted there on mars, and magically was capable of klinging to it, during entry. That part of the process is a wishful thinking, rather than a realistic view.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

We can't assume that such a way to enter the Earth will kill the organism....I mean, we can't assume it's anything that we've come across. Some organisms live without oxygen, some organisms elsewhere in the universe could probably live in fire.

Anyway - the object is egg shaped...doesn't mean it once was an egg or such. Physical processes can define that shape or such...as probably said again and again in this thread. The elements found in this meteorite has been found in countless others and missions.

I must admit, haven't read through all of this thread hence could have missed out upon vital information.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by bjarneorn

We can't assume that such a way to enter the Earth will kill the organism....I mean, we can't assume it's anything that we've come across. Some organisms live without oxygen, some organisms elsewhere in the universe could probably live in fire.

Anyway - the object is egg shaped...doesn't mean it once was an egg or such. Physical processes can define that shape or such...

Indeed Beeps!

IRM

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm still very interested in the martian "blueberries" that litter the landscape in some parts of Mars.

Just look at the area around Victoria Crater, they are everywhere!!

I have had an interest in these since I first started posting on ATS but it seems as though they have all but been forgotten!

The seem to be very similiar in shape but obviously the specimen from the meteorite seems to be much smaller than the ones that litter many parts of the Martian landscape.

Mineral in Mars 'Berries' Adds to Water Story

Full Article (JPL Website)

The spherules, fancifully called blueberries although they are only the size of BBs and more gray than blue, lie embedded in outcrop rocks and scattered over some areas of soil inside the small crater where Opportunity has been working since it landed nearly two months ago.

Individual spherules are too small to analyze with the composition-reading tools on the rover. In the past week, those tools were used to examine a group of berries that had accumulated close together in a slight depression atop a rock called "Berry Bowl." The rover's Moessbauer spectrometer, which identifies iron-bearing minerals, found a big difference between the batch of spherules and a "berry-free" area of the underlying rock.

You can see the bluish hue surround Victoria Crater -

Then from ground level -

Then even closer -

I really think these objects stand out quite alot compared to many other parts of Mars.

They could be related to the object inside the meteorite..?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm still confused, was it the chicken or the egg that came first from Mars?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

We must have read a different article. The article I read (your source) only mentions an egg shaped object, not an actual egg. I once found a potato chip shaped like the face of Richard Nixon in a bag of Ruffles.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sorry, dp.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Massive impacts on all the planets have certainly spread material throughout the Solar System. There are likely Earth rocks on Mars, Venus and Mercury. We also have our suspected "Earthites" which are meteorites that have the same isotopic ratio as our good old Earth. These are some of the hardest to authenticate, because science wants a witnessed fall of one of these pieces, before they sign their name to it.

They would most likely be pieces of the Chicxulub impactor that was suspected of wiping out the dinosaurs, as well as remnants of Vredefort (worlds largest impact crater) and Chesapeake Bay (most likely the second largest impact crater) impacts that were also certainly large enough to eject material out of Earth orbit.

Thanks for your input. Glad I am not alone in thinking that earth material easily could travel to other planets/moons, caused by an asteroid impact.(page 3) Al thou I went a bit further and proposed that Earth material also could "come back", by similar events on other planets/moons.

Do you by any chance have any links to where one can read more about this possible phenomenon?
edit on 10/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So when information is presented, why do so many debunkers feel the need to attack it rather than take a moment to look at it subjectively? Just read most of the replies so far

Let's flip the coin here...and as a prefix, this is not an attack on you or the title of this thread, just an observation.

I wonder what the percentage of the (at the time of posting) 86 flags this thread got was from the title alone?

You and I both know a catchy title is an important element of a successful thread and we both know that many don't read past the first paragraph, let alone past the title.

So, "debunkers" may not, in your opinion look at it with subjectivity, but I submit many "believers" didn't either...

"Egg on Mars? I knew it! More proof! Disclosure is near!"

Just throwing it out there...

An interesting find none the less mate, thanks for sharing.

edit on 10/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Those spherules have been identified as hematites.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Everyone should sit back and relax. All we have to do is wait for it to hatch. Then we'll know for sure.

Harte

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Eggs ? lol . . .
o.k.
so why did the chicken cross the milky way ?

Sadly, the title was meant to get as many views as possible. Disingenuous. I'd still have clicked had it read Egg Shape found in martian meteorite. But I probly won't next time due to the nature of how I came to here this time.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this paper to my attention; I'll read it tonight and rejoin the thread. I'm with Chad on the question of the thread's title, but at least it is a worthy topic.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
Let's all Ignore the fact that evidence of extra terrestrial life was found and instead debate about whether the thread title is accurate. Zorgy I love you.

Can you link to the thread that has this reveal?

I can't find it on the hot topics or recent posts..

Cheers,

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Your point wolverine??? The equipment on the rover wasn't capable of analyzing the spherules in detail... as per the content on my post!

So how do we know this isn't just a smaller (microscopic) version of the same material?

The meteor was sent this way afetr a collision on Mars.. so what's to say it's not from one of the area's that contains the same type spherules. Just because the rover only picked up visible spherules, it does not mean there was not microscopic spherules as well....

edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon66
Honestly, I call bs.
No offence to believers!

NASA/US Gov would have kept this quiet

Why? Would the notion of a microscopic egg that has been floating around in space for millions of years, that originated from Mars, cause a global meltdown? People breaking into fort knox and looting the gold( ahh no) .. or would it cause spontaneous human combustion?

Would people die?

Not sure why anyone would want to keep it a secret...

Sometimes it's easier to believe there is such a massive conspiracy against knowledge, because the real knowledge that everything is just not that interesting, is impossible to comprehend.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

wow fantastic and productive post as usual harte
That could almost be considered trolling!?

Do you have anything of interest to add to this thread?
edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Starchild23

Of course if we did invade someone elses planet we'd call it colonization or exploration or peacekeeping anyways

Or 'Operation Shock and Awe.'

Sadly, in this instance, it appears to be more a case of "Rock and awwww"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join