It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Since mars is a planet, it should be obvious ... even to a child. That something exiting the gravitational field, must do such by force. There are no volcanoes on mars, that can or *could* hurl it so far out.

The planet have volcanos, and one of them is just the bigger one in the Solar system... ... ...(24 kilometers (15 miles) high, 550 kilometers (340 miles). It looks very well capable to "hurl stones" to the space IMHO!
It's not a usual thing, but something like that, just Titanic, can be able to do it !

en.wikipedia.org...

www.solarviews.com...
edit on 13/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos and removing some agressive text.

edit on 13/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Rewriting last phrase.

edit on 13/5/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My question regarding life on Mars is this; who gives a #? Really, what difference does it make whether or not there is life on Mars? They've found similar clues in the past; a meteorite with elements suggesting life on Mars and it has made virtually no impact on us.

The question isn't whether or not there is life on Mars because if there IS life on Mars then there has been for probably millions of years and it's effect on US would be a foregone conclusion. Merely discovering it has no bearing on us.

If this has to do with UFO's and little green men, well, if we need to find microbial feces on Mars to prove that people get abducted and that UFO's fly around our own atmosphere then our "science" is truly backwards and screwed up. Travis Walton sure as hell doesn't need you or anybody else to prove to him what is "out there" and he sure as hell doesn't need a piece of space junk to validate his experience.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Especially when one's clutching at straws to prove the possibility of ET life!!

Not out to prove anything

I bet your dad would like my egg

Is he still lurking in the Mediterranean?

edit on 13-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

If life was found on another planet, plants or more primitive - microbial, wouldn't you ask yourself - then why is an intelligenet life elsewhere not possible to exist? And to have gone much further through space than us?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

If life was found on another planet, plants or more primitive - microbial, wouldn't you ask yourself - then why is an intelligenet life elsewhere not possible to exist? And to have gone much further through space than us?

This is all predicated on the idea that space travel is possible in the first place. If you believe in the science fiction explanations given to us by NASA and other space agencies as to how any space trip is pulled off, then it is possible. At the same time I have information from the space agencies themselves showing it would be suicidal to try it, therefore I don't believe they ever went anywhere beyond low orbit, manned or unmanned.
edit on 13-5-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe i'm a moron but how in the world do we know this came from Mars? Maybe a monster asteroid hit it which destroyed most life there... and a part came out of mars... which now is here in a sense... please someone TEACH me!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluFenix

Originally posted by zorgon

meteorito-meteorite.blogspot.com...

This is not a reliable or reputable source.

journalofcosmology.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...

Cosmology is not a reliable or reputable science. This journal is not adhered to by the scientific community at large.

Im literally laughing out loud....

You do realize Einsteins first papers were within the field of cosmology dont you? Just making sure you remember this fact as I read your post and then saw your signature.

As for the thread.....really cool find although its not surprising for my limited mind.

As for the title..... I dont care as I would have clicked on it anyway. Some people just love to create confusion and division. For the minds who can decipher... They simply do so without error.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

en.wikipedia.org...

Cosmology is not a reliable or reputable science. This journal is not adhered to by the scientific community at large.

You do realize Einsteins first papers were within the field of cosmology dont you? Just making sure you remember this fact as I read your post and then saw your signature.

As for the thread.....really cool find although its not surprising for my limited mind.

As for the title..... I dont care as I would have clicked on it anyway. Some people just love to create confusion and division. For the minds who can decipher... They simply do so without error.

Maybe he has cosmology confused with astrology and doesn't realize they aren't the same thing... or even close to the same thing.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe he has cosmology confused with astrology and doesn't realize they aren't the same thing... or even close to the same thing.

Your conclusion is probably spot on. I now hope i didnt offend him/ her as it is not my intent to offend. Looking back on my post and saying I was laughing may have implied I was laughing AT him but... I was laughing at the fact Einstein was a free thinker and never limited himself as far as I understand him and his life. Early on he did in fact write papers in regards to cosmology.....

Finding life on Mars should not be a surprise in my opinion as I happen to think life is everywhere. What we can see with our eyes and or our senses is highly limited so..... Yeah.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

en.wikipedia.org...

Your conclusion is probably spot on. I now hope i didnt offend him/ her as it is not my intent to offend. Looking back on my post and saying I was laughing may have implied I was laughing AT him but... I was laughing at the fact Einstein was a free thinker and never limited himself as far as I understand him and his life. Early on he did in fact write papers in regards to cosmology.....

Finding life on Mars should not be a surprise in my opinion as I happen to think life is everywhere. What we can see with our eyes and or our senses is highly limited so..... Yeah.

We all have brain-farts from time to time
Hopefully, that's what it was for him. We can forgive and forget

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Let's wait for the international community to replicate the findings..

And for the record they found 'many' globules, not just one.
The main thing here is that it's a hell of a new item in the list of evidences. And it strengthen the claims for primitive bacterial life in the Meteorite ALH84001.

Water
Methane
The Viking experiment is now ressurrected..
Meteorite ALH84001's mars bacteria
Richard Hoover's paper on fossilized bacteria on meteorite
now the Tissint globules ("eggs")
...and so on

When will the dirty politics allow then to finally announce what they already know?
I hope to still be around and among you to witness this day.

edit on 15-5-2012 by LordAdef because:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Originally posted by Imtor

This is all predicated on the idea that space travel is possible in the first place. If you believe in the science fiction explanations given to us by NASA and other space agencies as to how any space trip is pulled off, then it is possible. At the same time I have information from the space agencies themselves showing it would be suicidal to try it, therefore I don't believe they ever went anywhere beyond low orbit, manned or unmanned.
edit on 13-5-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

I'm sure you don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm interested in at least a little bit of a lead as to why space travel would be suicidal. Are you referring to the van Allen belt, or is there something totally "out there" that the space agencies told you, completely unknown to the public at large. If so, how did you come to be the bearer of such closely-held knowledge?
What I'm really most interested in though, is the "why" space travel would be suicidal.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Regarding the egg: Why not crack that baby open and see what's for dinner?

I know nothing of meteorites, but couldn't there possibly be something in it, if it is for real? It might be a baby alien, dragon, sea monkey, keys to the kingdom, whistle, space chicken ???

Dumb blond is curious.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Final proof? Sorry, i disagree. There is a wealth of information of life on Mars. So if there is life on mars, what do you say about the future discoveries about life up there, since the egg is the final proof.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Especially when one's clutching at straws to prove the possibility of ET life!!

Not out to prove anything

I bet your dad would like my egg

Is he still lurking in the Mediterranean?

edit on 13-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Yep! My dad would probably like your egg!! As far as I'm concerned, I'd like it scrambled!! Lol!

And yes! He's busy shooting the breeze and getting an adrenalin rush out here on the Mediterranean!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

KILL IT!

Kill the freaken egg! i swear like 60% of alien attack movies start out with a scout >.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I don't think there's any problem proving that life once existed on Mars.

The problem is proving that life still exists there...although really, I'm more interested in finding another Earth within viable transportation range.

It'll be hilarious to watch how long it would take before we decide to conquer the planet.
i definitely second that , so funny . i would bet less than a year .

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
IF it can be proved that it is an egg, that would be proof of life, but they haven't proved it's an egg, only that it's an egg shaped, teeny , tiny stone inside a meteorite. It could be promising or it ould just be a rock :/

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
nice find.

Life on other planets has always intrigued me, but what really annoys me is the general populace ( sheeple ) always talk about intelligent life on other planets never just life in general. The possibilities that we would find a planet with intelligen life that could ( and be willing to ) communicate with us would be astronomical figures ( no pun intended.)

Again good find and I hope you keep us updated with this fascinating find.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
ok, so EVERYONE MUST WATCH this video:

www.wimp.com...

and some more information
spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa.gov...

what is going on in space and possibly many unanswered questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join