It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

Thanks for pointing that out
At least someone is actually reading links

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi Zorgon, thanks for posting the Egg found in Martian Meteroite. Look very closely at the Egg Shaped Capsule most have missed what I am about to reveal. The Martians have sent us messages embeded on the surface of the Egg Shaped Capsule. Take the light in color and black designs and enlarge or magnify each tiny portion of the Egg Shaped Capsule. There are intelligent designs on the surface including writtings, letters and signature and what some of the lifeforms look like. Not crazy rotate Egg Shaped Capsule 360 degrees you will be amazed. ^Y^

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Is it from mars? Is it absolutely a egg? Of what (obviously some bacteria, but is there any possible way to verify what strain, or is it too much of just a fossil for such identifications to be even plausable)?

If this is
1) From mars and
2) Life

Then this is indeed earth shattering.

Show me where in the bible it talks about creating life on mars....the core of the bible depends on earth alone being the life planet..yep, in the whole universe, only earth has life on it, hand crafted by a deity.

From a theological standpoint for those who believe in the bible;
The bible doesn't say that the earth is the only place in the universe that has life on it. That's an assumption that people make. The bible discusses the theology involved in how life came about on earth, but it doesn't say it's the only place with life. Why would it? We live on earth, our ancestors lived on earth, thousands of years ago, they didn't have the concept of planets and stars and solar systems and the universe that we have today, so they wouldn't have bothered to talk about life on those things they didn't realize existed.
The bible doesn't discuss Pluto, but Pluto exists. The bible doesn't discuss the periodic table, but it exists. There are infinitely many things that exist that aren't mentioned in the bible, that doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means those things weren't the focus of the bible. Finding life on other planets doesn't disprove the bible so life or no life out there doesn't affect the beliefs of Christianity.

The bible states that god formed the earth to be inhabited, and only the earth. The stated purpose of all the stars and heavenly lights is to mark the seasons and to give light to earths "inhabitants", this of course doesn't mean that the stars can't be inhabited as well. Also, the bible does speak of non-terrestrial life, but are of the spiritual realm, called angels. So while the bible doesn't exactly say whether or not there is actual biological life on other planets, it is certainly not silent on the issue as some would have us believe.

I'm sure you'd be willing to post the verses that say that if it indeed does say so. To my knowledge, it does not. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, but I would need to see the verses you are referring to before I will concede to being wrong about this. In particular, I'd like to see where it says that "only the earth" would be inhabited. ESPECIALLY since even the pope has acknowledged there is most likely extra-terrestrial life out there.

The main verses are Genesis 1:14-18 and Isiah 45:18 which states that god created the earth to be inhabited and isn't said of any other planet. The only other life forms that are defined in the bible are the heavenly angelic beings and of course demons, which are the disembodied spirits of the dead Nephilim. They aren't biological entities like us, though the Ancient Astronaut theorists will tell you otherwise, as they pervert what is said in the bible to fit into their fairy tale beliefs about space aliens from some mystical planet called 'Nibiru' or some other planet. Its not surprising to me that the Vatican, the whore of Babylon would hold a conference about the possibility of life in space, and would even baptize the aliens should we come in contact with them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this "alien" would claim to be Jesus Christ himself or something in that manner, as the bible warned of deceivers coming in his name. Its all part of the "strong delusion" described in the bible, so don't be deceived.

edit on 11-5-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Funny how the guy with the electron microscope didn't notice the writing.

Originally posted by amari
Not crazy rotate Egg Shaped Capsule 360 degrees you will be amazed. ^Y^

Oh yeah, 360 degrees, I see it now.

edit on 11-5-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
First of all, entry of this rock turns it into a ball of fire ... purification, that would kill all microbiological life on it. Second, even if this object is egg-shaped, it is more like and in fact, most-likely a product of the heat process of entry, and sudden cooling, rather than an egg that was planeted there on mars, and magically was capable of klinging to it, during entry. That part of the process is a wishful thinking, rather than a realistic view.

Ahh, misnomer, not true at all. Meteorites almost always fall cold. Only the outer surface ablates in the earth atmosphere. The amount of time in the atmosphere burns the surface away, but hardly ever heats the core. Most detonate high in the atmosphere, and the fragmented pieces obtain a second, very brief ablated crust as they fall usually hitting the earth at terminal velocity.

A meteor that strikes the earth at cosmic velocity is another story, but the material is usually vaporized, leaving little left but melted earth rock mixed with elemental traces of the impactor.

Exceptions to this rule are the irons that fall at cosmic speed. Many do not detonate as they hit the wall of dense atmosphere. They usually produce a shrapnel spray, sometimes with large chunks. Canyon Diablo (Barringer crater) and Silkhote Alin would be good examples.
edit on 11-5-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by amari

Funny how the guy with the electron microscope didn't notice the writing.

Well, microscopes make you nearsighted, you know.

Harte

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's a reptilian egg!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
int'g. but is it true?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The main verses are Genesis 1:14-18 and Isiah 45:18 which states that god created the earth to be inhabited and isn't said of any other planet. The only other life forms that are defined in the bible are the heavenly angelic beings and of course demons, which are the disembodied spirits of the dead Nephilim. They aren't biological entities like us, though the Ancient Astronaut theorists will tell you otherwise, as they pervert what is said in the bible to fit into their fairy tale beliefs about space aliens from some mystical planet called 'Nibiru' or some other planet. Its not surprising to me that the Vatican, the whore of Babylon would hold a conference about the possibility of life in space, and would even baptize the aliens should we come in contact with them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this "alien" would claim to be Jesus Christ himself or something in that manner, as the bible warned of deceivers coming in his name. Its all part of the "strong delusion" described in the bible, so don't be deceived.

So now you are saying that since no other place was mentioned, that means they didn't exist. Very different from your earlier statement that the bible says ONLY the earth would be inhabited. You are adding to what is written with your own ideas. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that ONLY the earth has life on it. The bible doesn't mention oxygen, but we have oxygen. It doesn't mention cars, but they exist. Just because something isn't mentioned there doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Staying with the creationist idea, if there is life on other planets, they would have their encounter with God written out as well and the story of how they were created would they not? They probably wouldn't mention anything about earth since they are on their own planet, not this one. If you are a believer, adding to scripture is just as bad as taking away from it, if not more so.
I don't buy into the ancient astronauts theories and don't think the Catholic Church is inherently evil. I don't agree with it, but it's not inherently evil.

So, it doesn't say in the bible that only the earth was inhabited. Do you really think an all powerful God wouldn't be capable of creating life wherever he wanted, not just here? The universe is mighty large and we're just a tiny little speck. Don't put limits on God.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The Vatican already declared that life in the universe is not against its canons. This is not new and the Vatican is currently producing science on the subject. There are vatican astronomers looking for life out there... Just for the record.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So now you are saying that since no other place was mentioned, that means they didn't exist. Very different from your earlier statement that the bible says ONLY the earth would be inhabited. You are adding to what is written with your own ideas. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that ONLY the earth has life on it. The bible doesn't mention oxygen, but we have oxygen. It doesn't mention cars, but they exist. Just because something isn't mentioned there doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Staying with the creationist idea, if there is life on other planets, they would have their encounter with God written out as well and the story of how they were created would they not? They probably wouldn't mention anything about earth since they are on their own planet, not this one. If you are a believer, adding to scripture is just as bad as taking away from it, if not more so.
I don't buy into the ancient astronauts theories and don't think the Catholic Church is inherently evil. I don't agree with it, but it's not inherently evil.

So, it doesn't say in the bible that only the earth was inhabited. Do you really think an all powerful God wouldn't be capable of creating life wherever he wanted, not just here? The universe is mighty large and we're just a tiny little speck. Don't put limits on God.

Here we go with the grammar police, taking what I said completely out of context based on one word.

My first post:

The bible states that god formed the earth to be inhabited, and only the earth. The stated purpose of all the stars and heavenly lights is to mark the seasons and to give light to earths "inhabitants", this of course doesn't mean that the stars can't be inhabited as well. Also, the bible does speak of non-terrestrial life, but are of the spiritual realm, called angels. So while the bible doesn't exactly say whether or not there is actual biological life on other planets, it is certainly not silent on the issue as some would have us believe.

I don't know what kind of reading comprehension you have that could possibly see a contradiction in both statements. When I'm discussing whats in the bible, I preach sound doctrine as dictated, without letting my imagination take me beyond what is written. I'm not implying that because something isn't mentioned in the book that it automatically doesn't exist. The issue here is not what isn't mentioned, this is all about what is actually said in the bible. Sure, God could have made life on other planets, for nothing is too difficult for him as the bible states, but this is not what it says. You're basing your personal opinion that there is life in space based solely on the fact that God could have created it. The bottom line is it doesn't say the stars were created to be inhabited, only the earth was created for this purpose. The stated intent of the stars is to mark the seasons and give light to the earth, that's what it says and that's what I'm sticking to. No one is putting limits on God, you're putting words in Gods mouth based on your imagination.
edit on 12-5-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
reply to post by zorgon

How do they know its meterorite from Mars? And how does there become a meteroite from Mars here?
How often does Earth send a Meterorite to Mars? I don't see many of our rocks taking off into space, except for maybe that Yucatan impact incident that supposedly killed the dinasaurs... Have they brought rocks back from Mars yet? Is this how they know it was specifically from Mars?

They know (or are pretty sure) it came from mars by analyzing chemical compounds and matching to mars' atmosphere.
As to how it came to travel here, i'm going to assume that long ago, a giant martian chucked it really hard toward earth "just to see if he could"...but seriously, i'm interested in that part too. Ancient impact spewing chunks out? Volcanism? Escape velocity is much lower on mars than on earth, so its more possible to send a rock flying out of orbit than it is here. Still - it would take significant impact or eruption/ejection.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For those who really enjoy reading about past earth impacts, and not only the science, but history that has been changed from them, I highly recommend "Rain of Fire and Ice" by John S. Lewis, c1996, ISBN 0-201-48950-3 /15494-3 (pbk).

This books is remarkable, in depth, and contains so much more information than most of the pubic ever gets to read about even in university. It has recommendations from the late Carl Sagan and also from David Levy who co-discovered Shoemaker-Levy 9. Truly a sleeper book, and the stories in there are so well authored, you will have trouble putting it down. His writing style is to put you where these events have occured in time and place, and writes in the events,evidence and science around that framework.
edit on 12-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The Vatican already declared that life in the universe is not against its canons. This is not new and the Vatican is currently producing science on the subject. There are vatican astronomers looking for life out there... Just for the record.

Yeah, I told the lil fella that a while back, he didn't like it very much

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
An egg was found?

Nope. Another thread title fail.

Yeah! That's egg on Zorgon's face!!

What he probably meant was that an 'Egg-shaped object' was found!
Never mind. To err is human....Especially when one's clutching at straws to prove the possibility of ET life!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
An egg was found?

Nope. Another thread title fail.

Yeah! That's egg on Zorgon's face!!

What he probably meant was that an 'Egg-shaped object' was found!
Never mind. To err is human....Especially when one's clutching at straws to prove the possibility of ET life!!

Irregardless, this was a great thread and a very interesting read.
Whatever is in that meteorite, could possibly be much more exotic and stranger.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I certainly agree with you charlyv and thanks Z for an excellent thread – and I don’t mind your sensationalizing a bit. Threads like this do remind me of discoveries and wonders of such that burn-out in the public’s memories all too quickly; it grates on me that by now, there isn’t some human astronaut standing on the surface of Mars, staring at his/her handful of “blueberries”. It seems we wallow in never ending human problems of politics, religion, haves vs. have-nots, etc, along with all the accompanying $$$ thrown at such things, while science (and the undisputed values of exploration) receive mere crumbs – is NASA really doing Muslim out-reach? We’re giving cell-phones to welfare recipients?! I know, I know, someone will flame me over the minutia of that example while missing entirely the point. Kepp ‘em coming Z.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Ahh, misnomer, not true at all. Meteorites almost always fall cold. Only the outer surface ablates in the earth atmosphere. The amount of time in the atmosphere burns the surface away, but hardly ever heats the core.

Which is a misnomer ...

Since mars is a planet, it should be obvious ... even to a child. That something exiting the gravitational field, must do such by force. There are no volcanoes on mars, that can or *could* hurl it so far out.

The particles that escape are "dust" particles. These dust particles, are then fused in an extra terrestrial process ... which "always" include heat.

Saying that this is a cold process, is about as much a misnomer as anything can be ... mars hasn't exploded yet, so stop bombarding the idiots with scare tactics.

*This* was already debunked years ago, with the Antarctica meteorite.

edit on 13/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by charlyv

Ahh, misnomer, not true at all. Meteorites almost always fall cold. Only the outer surface ablates in the earth atmosphere. The amount of time in the atmosphere burns the surface away, but hardly ever heats the core.

Which is a misnomer ...

Since mars is a planet, it should be obvious ... even to a child. That something exiting the gravitational field, must do such by force. There are no volcanoes on mars, that can or *could* hurl it so far out.

The particles that escape are "dust" particles. These dust particles, are then fused in an extra terrestrial process ... which "always" include heat.

Saying that this is a cold process, is about as much a misnomer as anything can be ... mars hasn't exploded yet, so stop bombarding the idiots with scare tactics.

*This* was already debunked years ago, with the Antarctica meteorite.

edit on 13/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

Who is talking about volcanoes and dust?
My comments to you were to help you understand why you were wrong,

Mars dust particles do not escape the planet to fuse together and become hot and then hit the earth.

Mars has crater evidence of bigger impacts than we have on earth, mostly because it has a much thinner atmosphere that would slow down asteroids more on earth, so they hit mars with a much more terrific punch than on earth. These impacts certainly, without any doubt cause debris to be ejected out of it's orbital influence. That is the "force" you were eluding to. They wind up on Earth and probably every where else in the solar system. I did not make it up, read about it.

If you do not want to go with science in your observations, be my guest. I have no idea what you are saying about "bombarding the idiots with scare tactics", what the hell does that mean? I do meteoritics, I KNOW that most meteorites fall cold, but if you do not believe that, then pick up any science publication and set your mind free.

And if you are talking about the Antartica meteorite from Mars, ALH84001, then go here and have yourself an education on the subject: Meteorite from MARS

Did you think that what I posted on this was BS? You are being argumentative and supplying no content to back up what you have a problem with.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

First of all, the largest volcano in the Solar System is located on Mars. Secondly, the meteorite was probably blasted into space by the impact of an asteroid.

Dust particles do escape from the Martian atmosphere, but they do not fuse in space. I don't know where you got the ridiculous idea that they would.

Scare tactics? Charlyv was simply stating fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join