It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your comments deleted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have noticed that after posting on certain forums my postings disappear. Should I assume that they are being deleted for whatever reason or perhaps there is a technically issue? Anyways, been reading the site for a long time, finally started an account and am unclear. Thanks.

**Mod Edit**

Hi, I'm one of the many ATS Mods here at the forum. We appreciate you joining up with the ATS Family.

We have a very strict code in place for our members to adhere to which helps keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

THREAD CLOSED
edit on 5/9/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I only checked your last four post, but they are there and visible.
Your posts

Welcome to ATS.

edit on 9/5/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Welcome to ATS....comments are only deleted if they violate the T&C of this site.

Des

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If the post is deleted it will also state the violation by the mods. They can delete for lots of things. Off Topic Posts, Ill Mannered Behaviour,Political Trolling(whatever that is) They even remove posts that contain links to sites that ATS does not like.

If your posts are deleted,it should say why.

If the posts are gone all together then it might be a glitch.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Welcome to being public
If your posts are deleted there will be a big ole' sign in their place and a pm from your friendly Mod. Won't be no mystery to it a' tall.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ahha

Well I can attest that my postten deleted, and it's hard to tell whenthre missing parts. I try not to leto me, but is can be infuriating, indeed.

I blame either sennanaigans... it's unreasonable.

if I were you, I'd stthen you can always the things you want to talk abut.

If you are really concerned, well, the cornucopia dictates, silence. but massive amounts of it. shhhh

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I know that some of my comments have been deleted and they were not in any way offensive, wrong or too short. I used to think it must be a technical fault. So, welcome and I can't answer your question but I experienced the same.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You know i've seen this happen a few times over the years at ATS too. I will post a reply. It will be there. I 'll read it on the thread. go back the next day and it's gone. just simply vanished. I just figured it was some glitch. But you are not alone.

It's not one of those where the post was deleted with an explanation. it's just simply gone altogether like it was never typed.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

We can get pretty heated on these boards
civily of course..

I have seen the mods been chilling out
not have had a problem..

sometimes you get a post removed

it is life on ats.. sometimes you will make
a post that probably should get removed
its up the mods and aint a damn thing anyone
else can do about it really so go with the flow

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Over the years, I have lost a few comments but never without an explanation from the ATS authority.

I don't always agree with policy here but I have never seen comments or posts simply disappear without someone walking out onto the stage to explain why.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Perhaps you have made the same mistake I have made a couple of times when I went to another thread with a similar topic/headline. I've learned to go to myATS in the header bar to find the thread I have posted upon. It is faster to do it that way anyway.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No no mistakes. I too go to myats and take it from there. sometimes I see the post completely vanish. Like I never posted them to begin with. I say it's a technical glitch.

top topics

join