It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Girl Forced To Have Head Shaved/Wear Diaper For Bad Grades, Mother Goes to Jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by kimish

The mother and boyfriend definitely have some serious issues. You have to wonder if they were abused themselves in their childhood by their parents?

It is just sickening to say the least. Definitely bad parenting. Maybe parenting learned in their childhood. Just a thought.

I agree %100. Perhaps the parents should be made to attend counseling as well. It's a shame, really. My heart bleeds for the kids.

The parents too, because you brought up a good point Skywatcher, the parents may have been abused themselves. After all, we learn most everything, behaviorally, from our parents and these individual probably just carried on and acted out on what they may have had to deal with when they themselves were children.
edit on 9-5-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Skewed
I think both sides chose the path of excessive.

I agree. Its a bit harsh to lock these morons up.

Its also a bit scary to see so many American's cheer for it.

Me personally, I would consider what the parents did child abuse. Lock them up, they deserve it. Especially considering that this isn't the first time that they've done something this despicable.

I agree that its poor parenting. When you consider that they were trying to punish her for not doing homework it just seems like they are stupid people. I think Parenting Classes and maybe some monitoring are in order. But to break up a family over that seems insane. Its very likely that those poor kids are missing their parents right now.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I think both sides chose the path of excessive.

I agree. Its a bit harsh to lock these morons up.

Its also a bit scary to see so many American's cheer for it.

Me personally, I would consider what the parents did child abuse. Lock them up, they deserve it. Especially considering that this isn't the first time that they've done something this despicable.

I agree that its poor parenting. When you consider that they were trying to punish her for not doing homework it just seems like they are stupid people. I think Parenting Classes and maybe some monitoring are in order. But to break up a family over that seems insane. Its very likely that those poor kids are missing their parents right now.

Parenting classes for sure. But before they can learn to become good parents, they need to learn how to be good to themselves. And that all starts with counseling to rid themselves of guilt and other issues that stems from their past.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Good point on not breaking up the family. I'm with you on that. Rehab is definitely in order for all of that family.
I do agree with jail, maybe a day or two, to give them time to think about their actions. I feel that the children should have went to another family member instead of foster care though. I don't agree with putting them in foster care. Especially if there are other family members around.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Germanicus

Good point on not breaking up the family. I'm with you on that. Rehab is definitely in order for all of that family.
I do agree with jail, maybe a day or two, to give them time to think about their actions. I feel that the children should have went to another family member instead of foster care though. I don't agree with putting them in foster care. Especially if there are other family members around.

I totally agree. And Dr. Phil most likely should step into this....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are many, many homes just like this. The parents won't or can't help with homework , projects, etc.

I blame the schools for the amount of work they expect the students to do at home. Many kids just don't have the resources they need at home. I spend at least an hour a day helping my kids out and often much more. If I didn't work from home I don't know how I could do it.

We really need a movement to stop teachers from dumping their responsibilities on the parents or stuff like this will continue to happen frequently. I'm sure much more severe punishments are handed down every day.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I believe in punishing children when they fail to live up to standards. But the point of punishment is to correct the child, not have psycho-funtime.

Also, I'm struck by the stupidity. A 12 year old girl with a shaven head. Think about the social and emotional ramifications of that. These idiots have, with their punishment, pretty much guaranteed a repeat performance.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I was a child, if I did something wrong I got spanked, shouted at, duct taped to a chair one time, all of the good old punishment styles but even I agree that this was a tad too far. I remember when I was in fifth grade, I didn't care about school anymore, was failing, and didn't do my homework very often. My mother forced me to study every afternoon and do work that she composed and then corrected. I HATED it so decided I just wasn't going to bring home books anymore. She got out a wooden spoon, flipped me onto my stomach, and gave me the hardest walloping I've ever had in my life.

Even after enduring those styles of parenting and not thinking they're a very big deal, I do think this was too far. Publicly humiliating the child was not the way to go about bringing up her grades. Taking away her phone/other itsems and making her spend some time studying may have been better. Maybe also show her homeless people on the internet or television and telling her that's how she'll end up someday if she doesn't do good in school and work for a living. -Shrugs- That might even be too far. I don't know that I should be the one to discuss the issue of parenting any time soon.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Well my grand daughter's mother now calls her "Stupid" instead of her name because she has poor vision (we took her for glasses and she has poor eyesight) and she has been placed in the back row and in the corner at school having been diagnosed with ADHD.

The law could careless about my grand daughter or her rights, she's been abused by her mother multiple times psychologically. The court says prove it yet the judge won't talk to her until she is 12. (She is 11 and still gets upset when it's time to go back to "mom's".)

It's going to costs us thousands more to get this (again) to court and quite simply we've been battling her being abused for about 9 years and $28,000.

Illinois laws suck big time............short of killing a child, the mother can pretty much do what ever she wants.

The system wants our young growing up in split up family homes and traumatized because that way children who are not loved learn not to love - they become harsh many times.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
how does jail solve the problem? Clearly they don't know what they are doing, so the answer to the issue of a confused, poorly educated parent is to jail them? Which comes with fines, which will only hurt the child and of course "community service" where they pay the state back for issues not related to the state.

So in the end, I just don't see how jail helps anything at all? Is jail some mystery land of Oz where people magically become: reformed, smart, self aware, confident and wealthy?

It is so easy for people to attack the story of the actions, as reported, but for the most part the answer is not help these folks be parents, but to rally around something close to capital punishment. We have laws that mandate proficiency on almost everything BUT parenting - to be a parent only a shag is required: you can even be a parent with someone you hate, or don't know. And we expect people to know what the are doing, and when the don't. jail them?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Really 1st of all what law did they really break. It might be bad parenting but where's the law saying you can't dress your kid in a diaper and humiliate them.

Of all the stupid things kids do on thier own all you people really agree that this is so bad.

Whats so different from school's having kids sitting in a class corner with a dounce hat on.

When I was a kid if was bad in school or talked bad to my parents in a way that was disrespectful I was smacked. Then I was told why I was smacked.

You know what? 9 times out of 10 I didn't do it again. Sometimes I would foget or start to slip and that smack was always there for the wake up call I needed.

Kids today are so out of control compared to when I grew up. Its chaos and now any little thing a parent might do is put under this big abuse microscope.

They are coddled and smothered now and any little thing that might make little jimmy feel sad or give a little boo boo on thier little presious egos is considered child abuse.

The way we live in society today we need to win, fight, compete, and claw the eyes out of any and all competition that might jepordize our own survival.

WE CAN'T BE TAUGHT TO BE GOOD IF WE DON'T LEARN WHAT IS BAD.

Not to long ago thier was a thread about a 13 year old girl that had to wear a shirt in public saying that she was a thief for shoplifting.

As I remember everyone was like good for the mom and it was a fine idea.

So from my point of view I see, in aT-shirt that brands you a thief O.K. but in diapers stating, grow up and get better grades is NOT O.K.

This is just another piece of proporganda that will let the big G tell us how to raise our children and we as dumb sheep will fall right into the trap.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Th3MissingLink because: speling error

edit on 9-5-2012 by Th3MissingLink because: spelling error

edit on 9-5-2012 by Th3MissingLink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know about all of you with kids but... I am so going to bring this story up when my kids think I am being a hardass about their grades!

I guess computer use only for school, phones being taken up and loss of the PS3 ain't so bad now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join