It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Finds Gun-Stuffed Mickey Mouse in Four Year-Old's Luggage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Color me skeptical.

Either way, I'm getting sick of all of this police state crap. The TSA needs to be dismantled.

Seems to me our own government are the real terrorists, trying to keep us afraid of bogey-men they create... those that deliberate try to create terror are by definition, terrorists... no???

Please post a picture of yourself protesting the inception of the PATRIOT act, and voting against GWB at the 2004 election.

Unless you've done both, you have no right to complain about it.

I am actively working to become a delegate.

I am actively supporting candidates who will overturn this travesty.

I have every right to complain about it and attempt to change this.

Our nation has been hijacked by corporations and political entities who do not have our best interests, but we can change that if we get off our butts and become active. Arm chair pundants like you who claim we have no right to complain and suggest there are no ways to change things make me want to puke.

So quit complaining, get off your butt and actively work to make a change.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No, this is not a (overused ATS cliché) “false flag”, and its the exact reason why even airport personal have to pass through security after entering contact with the passengers in the terminal. These same rules were in effect back in the late 80's and early 90's, well before 911 and the TSA, for this exact same reason.

People have been known to hide things on other people, or even resort of bribery in attempts to get things through security checkpoints. If you think that there is no one out there that is insane enough to use a child or elderly person as a mule (its been so common over the years, especially with drug smuggling, that they even have a name for it), then you better take a good whiff of reality. We're talking about the same type of mentality that would hang a “baby milk factory” sign on a known armory, or hide weapon caches under schools and churches.

Don't think that because something is against your set of values that everyone in the world honors those same values. There are people out there who will most assuredly do this sort of thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

sure
we are also talking about people who would put a fake underwearbomber on a plane to turn a humongous profit, advance a police state agenda, and to justify groping women and children, cripples and old folks...without ever changing thier little love gloves

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No, this is not a (overused ATS cliché) “false flag”, and its the exact reason why even airport personal have to pass through security after entering contact with the passengers in the terminal. These same rules were in effect back in the late 80's and early 90's, well before 911 and the TSA, for this exact same reason.

People have been known to hide things on other people, or even resort of bribery in attempts to get things through security checkpoints. If you think that there is no one out there that is insane enough to use a child or elderly person as a mule (its been so common over the years, especially with drug smuggling, that they even have a name for it), then you better take a good whiff of reality. We're talking about the same type of mentality that would hang a “baby milk factory” sign on a known armory, or hide weapon caches under schools and churches.

Don't think that because something is against your set of values that everyone in the world honors those same values. There are people out there who will most assuredly do this sort of thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What would you call it when they manufacture terrorists?

They have been caught repeatedly making "terrorists" then arresting them... then getting exposed that they made them in the first place.

If this is not a false flag what would you call it?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Parents obviously put the gun on the 4 year old's bag thinking it wouldn't be searched, probably one of those "you can't make me check my gun" freaks. I very much doubt this was a false flag.

If terrorists see that little old ladies, people in wheelchairs or with prosthetic limbs, and kids aren't being searched at checkpoints, guess who they'll send through with their bombs?

If you don't think terrorists are paying attention to what goes on at security checkpoints, you're naive.

Americans gave up their right to complain when they allowed the laughingly misnamed PATRIOT act to be passed, and then reelected GWB after it was passed. PATRIOT allows the TSA to treat travellers in this manner.

They gave up freedom for security. And deserve neither.

Yeah, but you know how it is.

These guys will use anything, turn it against whatever, and then sit on their hands saying "Told ya!"

when you give them reason to argue, such as this..

well, 9/10 times they'll just resort to smiley faces.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
There have been tons of guns confiscated at airports over the years. The people involved weren't intending to take down a plane. So what is it in this case? The mother packed the suitcase forgetting the father hides his gun there?

First off, it doesn't matter what your intent or knowledge was, just having such an item in a secure area makes you guilty. Why do you think they repeatedly ask you not to leave your bags unattended, if you packed your own luggage, if anyone else handled it, or if your carrying something that is not your own?

How does that relate to patting down a 4 year old....

Do I really have to spell this out for you?
I mean think about it for a second....
Why would criminals use mules to get things through security?
If the item gets through, don't you think they would retrieve it on the other side?

BTW people don't accidently pack gun parts INSIDE a stuffed animal, someone intended to either get this guy in trouble, or pull something illegal.

edit on 5/9/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
If this is not a false flag what would you call it?

After years of being an airport employee, I'd call it “the kind of crap that goes on at airports, but usually doesn't get reported”. Same way that I used to be pulling emergency hydraulic failure aircraft off the runway at least once every other week, but the news cameras would only show up when it was something “special”, or it was a slow news day.

I mean seriously how many drug mules do you think they catch in a week in an international airport, or people trying to carry on illegal stuff? You see any of those in the news much?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I posted two news articles showing that the FBI, and the CIA repeatedly have been caught making these "terrorists"

The real issue here is our government is using false flag measures to terrorize its own populous into accepting police state tactics that are totally illegal and unconstitutional.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

There have been tons of guns confiscated at airports over the years. The people involved weren't intending to take down a plane. So what is it in this case? The mother packed the suitcase forgetting the father hides his gun there?

First off, it doesn't matter what your intent or knowledge was, just having such an item in a secure area makes you guilty. Why do you think they repeatedly ask you not to leave your bags unattended, if you packed your own luggage, if anyone else handled it, or if your carrying something that is not your own?

How does that relate to patting down a 4 year old....

Do I really have to spell this out for you?
I mean think about it for a second....
Why would criminals use mules to get things through security?
If the item gets through, don't you think they would retrieve it on the other side?

BTW people don't accidently pack gun parts INSIDE a stuffed animal, someone intended to either get this guy in trouble, or pull something illegal.

edit on 5/9/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

I am still wondering what relevance this has to patting down and xray scanning 4 year olds. These things all happened before the TSA took on those practices. This was not a case of international terrorism by the looks of it, and I am not arguing whether or not the man is innocent. Or making excuses for him.

My point, is that just because a gun was found in what appears to be stowed luggage, that does not justify patting down 4 year olds.

Luggage screening is far older than current methods that are used today. Typical screening practices worked for near 30 years, but suddenly kids have to be subjected to pat downs and scanning machines. That's my point.

And it appears as the news outlets are using this incident to justify TSA actions, yet the "enhanced" screening measures played no part in it considering that the stuffed animal was not down the 4 year olds pants.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The real issue here is our government is using false flag measures to terrorize its own populous into accepting police state tactics that are totally illegal and unconstitutional.

I have news for you, you waive your constitutional rights when you purchase and airline ticket. This is nothing new, and its been that way as long as airlines have had “contracts of carriage”. Just because they changed the screening procedures, doesn't mean that any of the legal aspects have changed any. You waive your rights now when you fly, and your waved your rights 40 years ago when you flew.
The only difference between now and then is what the procedures are... The contract only specifies that you will submit to those procedures, and that they are in compliance with FAA regulations, it does not limit what those procedures may entail.

What that means is that if tomorrow the FAA decides it wants to do body cavity searches, your legal rights are to either submit to them, or turn in your ticket and buy an alternate method of travel.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I am still wondering what relevance this has to patting down and xray scanning 4 year olds. These things all happened before the TSA took on those practices.
Luggage screening is far older than current methods that are used today. Typical screening practices worked for near 30 years, but suddenly kids have to be subjected to pat downs and scanning machines. That's my point.

No, children are now AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN subject to the SAME security procedures that everyone else agrees to when they purchase a ticket. They didn't give special consideration to children, the handicapped, the elderly, or employees 40 years ago, and they still don't do it now.

So just so we're crystal clear on this:
EVERYONE who enters the secured area of an airport through the passenger terminal is REQUIRED to go through the screening process. There are no exceptions....

Even the Screeners themselves, when they break for lunch, if they walk outside the secured area, are required to go through screening before they are allowed to reenter.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

No, it showed up on CNN Travel and CBS Boston also. But I do find everything they do suspect. There have been too many stories of TSA agents planting things on passengers for my liking. It does sound like it is awful convenient to me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I have news for you, you waive your constitutional rights when you purchase and airline ticket.

I have news for you:

Your wrong.

If you want to argue this, give me a law that states we wave our constitutional rights when we fly. You can't because they don't exist as any such law would be unconstitutional itself.

There is only one instance I know where we waive our constitutional rights: when we sign up to serve in the military. Then we are under UCMJ. Now that I'm out I have all of my constitutional rights.

edit on 9-5-2012 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

No, children are now AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN subject to the SAME security procedures that everyone else agrees to when they purchase a ticket. They didn't give special consideration to children, the handicapped, the elderly, or employees 40 years ago, and they still don't do it now.

EVERYONE who enters the secured area of an airport through the passenger terminal is REQUIRED to go through the screening process. There are no exceptions....

Even the Screeners themselves, when they break for lunch, if they walk outside the secured area, are required to go through screening before they are allowed to reenter.

That's fine, but I also don't agree with patdown and scanning measures for adults, so it makes no difference. And I do believe conventional screening methods were not entirely useless in the past.

Did they have scanners in 2004?

Federal screeners at McCarran International Airport confiscated nearly 4,500 "deadly or dangerous weapons" at security checkpoints in the 18-month period ending Oct. 31, according to federal records obtained by the Review-Journal last week.

On average, Transportation Security Administration workers at the airport collected explosives about every three weeks, a gun every two weeks and a box cutter every day.

The federal agency, created in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to strengthen security at the nation's airports, also relieved McCarran travelers of more than 136,000 other items prohibited on flights, including everything from baseball bats and brass knuckles to arrows and ice picks.
Source

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If there is no serious jail time handed out over this we will KNOW it is a false flag. But I am pretty sure of it already because of the history of Government.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's fine, but I also don't agree with patdown and scanning measures for adults, so it makes no difference. And I do believe conventional screening methods were not entirely useless in the past.

Did they have scanners in 2004?

Since February 2002, the TSA has seized more than 1,650 guns from airline passengers.

TSA spokesman Mark Hatfield said

Each day, the TSA intercepts more than 15,000 prohibited items at airports across the USA. Since February 2002, TSA has confiscated more than 3 million knives and more than 57,000 incendiary devices such as fireworks, TSA Assistant Administrator Tom Blank told Congress last week..
Source

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

WOW! Sounds like you are supporting the TSA. You one of those, "Go ahead and take away my rights, I wasn't using them anyway" people?

Drug smuggling is mostly done by our government anyways, and the "War on Drugs" has been a spectacular failure. Yet we still keep throwing money at it, but drugs are more available and widespread than ever. Billions of wasted dollars and thousands of lives lost.

Just look at the war going on in Mexico because of this insanity.
You have a better chance of being killed by a bolt of lightning than a terrorist (Not counting the 20 or so false flag terrorists that were created and stopped by the FBI as shown in the video above). I happily take those odds instead of being molested by power tripping morons at the airport and soon the rest of the country.

When you step into a line at the airport you are already a terrorist in their narrow minds. We do not need them, and we need to take back our rights, privacy and freedom.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Color me skeptical.

Either way, I'm getting sick of all of this police state crap. The TSA needs to be dismantled.

Seems to me our own government are the real terrorists, trying to keep us afraid of bogey-men they create... those that deliberate try to create terror are by definition, terrorists... no???

Please post a picture of yourself protesting the inception of the PATRIOT act, and voting against GWB at the 2004 election.

Unless you've done both, you have no right to complain about it.

I am actively working to become a delegate.

I am actively supporting candidates who will overturn this travesty.

I have every right to complain about it and attempt to change this.

Our nation has been hijacked by corporations and political entities who do not have our best interests, but we can change that if we get off our butts and become active. Arm chair pundants like you who claim we have no right to complain and suggest there are no ways to change things make me want to puke.

So quit complaining, get off your butt and actively work to make a change.

Good for you sir, I applaud you for your current efforts. However, I am far from an armchair pundit, I am actively engaged in the political scene in Canada.

However, if you voted for GWB in 2004 (or didn't vote against him and were of voting age) you basically supported the inclusion of this law through your apathy.

Many Americans are only now realizing the amazing amount of Constitutional violations and power that this law gives the Government. At the time, it was passed with major fanfare and almost zero protest from the American public.

If you didn't protest the passing of this law, and didn't vote against the reelection of GWB in 2004 and could have done so, you absolutely have zero right to complain.

You can't sit idly by while rights are taken away and then complain about it later.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

If you didn't protest the passing of this law, and didn't vote against the reelection of GWB in 2004 and could have done so, you absolutely have zero right to complain.

For one thing, we didnt have time to protest the acts that made these kinds of things possible, in fact most lawmakers didnt have time to protest it because they didnt even get to read it prior to voting for it.
As all of us know, its easier to stop a bill from becoming law than it is to reverse it once it does become law.

And btw, according to some, GW stole the election, so it wouldnt matter who did or did not vote in 04

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not exactly a false flag...

I think the fbi and cia routinly
do checks like this to see
if it get picked up by the tsa..

Like a test, that is all it is..

Was this set up i believe so
but it was set up as a test
so the mainstream people watching
the mainstream news who flies feels
a little safer.. thats all

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have news for you, you waive your constitutional rights when you purchase and airline ticket.

I have news for you:

Your wrong.

If you want to argue this, give me a law that states we wave our constitutional rights when we fly.

I'm afraid not...
Airlines are private entities, and they don't need to have a law to require that you submit to a search to enter their property. The same way that a bar, club, amusement park, or stadium can require this...
You chose to fly, its NOT a right...
You chose which airline you wish to fly with, and enter into a legal contract with them once money changes hands.

Here is from an airlines “Contract of Carrage” chosen at random:

United Airlines:

SCREENING OF PASSENGERS AND BAGGAGE
Passengers and/or their baggage are subject to security screening, including but not limited to, security profiling, physical pat-downs and inspections, x-ray screening, manual bag searches, questioning of Passengers, and use of electronic or other detectors or screening or security devices, in the sole discretion of the government, airport or UA, and with or without the Passenger’s presence, consent or knowledge. Neither UA nor its employees or agents is liable for any damage, loss, delay (including refusal to transport), confiscation of property, injury or other harm relating to or arising out of security screening or Passenger's failure to submit to or comply with such security screening.

RULE 21 REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT
UA shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the aircraft at any point, any Passenger for the following reasons:
1. Breach of Contract of Carriage – Failure by Passenger to comply with the Rules of the Contract of Carriage.
2. Search of Passenger or Property – Whenever a Passenger refuses to submit to electronic surveillance or to permit search of his/her person or property.
3. Proof of Identity – Whenever a Passenger refuses on request to produce identification satisfactory to UA or who presents a Ticket to board and whose identification does not match the name on the Ticket. UA shall have the right, but shall not be obligated, to require identification of persons purchasing tickets and/or presenting a ticket(s) for the purpose of boarding the aircraft.

The Constitution DOES NOT provide you with ANY right to fly. What it DOES provide is a “Right to Locomotion”. That means that if you can arrive at your destination by ANY other means, no matter how inconvenient that might be, your rights have NOT been violated. If that means you have to walk, bike, take a bus, take a cab, rent a private airplane, etc.. Then you have NO Constitutional Right to guarantee you transport on a public aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join