It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are the Modern Illuminati

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A few years back there was a thread about ATS forming its own "Secret Society". It was a funny diversion during a time when Anti-Masons and Masons were gang-posting and generally grumpy.

With all the recent Illuminati interest I had a funny thought today: ATS IS the Modern Illuminati.

We sit together and debate the greatest and most important questions of existence. Through conversation ignorance is denied and the truth is revealed.

I found today a writing called the Corpus Hermeticum, attributed to Hermes Trimegistus. There are some great lines in there that not only apply to ATS but to all schools seeking truth.

The seeds of God, 'tis true, are few, but vast and fair, and good - virtue and self-control, devotion. Devotion is God-gnosis; and he who knoweth God, being filled with all good things, thinks godly thoughts and not thoughts like the many [think].

For this cause they who Gnostic are, please not the many, nor the many them. They are thought mad and laughted at; they're hated and despised, and sometimes even put to death.

For we did say that bad must needs dwell on earth, where 'tis in its own place. Its place is earth, and not Cosmos, as some will sometimes say with impious tongue.

But he who is a devotee of God, will bear with all - once he has sensed the Gnosis. For such an one all things, e'en though they be for others bad, are for him good; deliberately he doth refer them all unto the Gnosis. And, thing most marvelous, 'tis he alone who maketh bad things good.

Now think about this both in terms of literal persecution of free-thinkers, and also of us (blast from the past) "ATS Gentlemen Conspiracy Theoristes".

In here, despite having much passion one way or another, we find brothers and sisters who aren't content to just stay plugged into the Matrix.

Many of us who believe in conspiracy theories that don't match what "normal" people thing are despised.

I guess then what I am saying is that the Illuminati IS real and for better or worse it IS us!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

please post source for quoted material

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

If it can be found by typing a few words in a search engine, it's not a secret society. It's a society with secrets.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by emsed1

please post source for quoted material

Sorry about that!

Here you go:

Corpus Hermeticum

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by emsed1

If it can be found by typing a few words in a search engine, it's not a secret society. It's a society with secrets.

What's the internet?

new topics

top topics

join