It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Vanishes Mid-Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Russian Jet Vanishes Mid-Flight

www.newser.com

A Russian Sukhoi SuperJet-100 disappeared during a demonstration flight in Indonesia today, vanishing from radar screens while it was still at high altitudes and failing to land at its appointed time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
More info:

Indonesian officials say it may have crashed—there's a 6,200-foot-tall mountain in the area—or it may have been hijacked.

The plane must have come down somewhere, because by its scheduled landing time, its fuel supply should have been exhausted. There were 44 people onboard, most of them reps from major airline companies, and so far none of them can be reached by phone.

Very scary - and interesting. I'm looking for more info and not found anything as yet.

Something about the 44 people who are all reps from major airlines is what really piqued my interest.

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Russia’s Sukhoi SuperJet-100 goes off radars in Jakarta, hijacking not ruled out

Russia’s latest civil airliner carrying 50 passengers has disappeared from the radars during a demonstrative flight in the Indonesian capital. Hijacking and a high-altitude crash into a mountain have not been ruled out.

­The aircraft did not return to the airport at the scheduled time following takeoff. By that time, the fuel should have been totally spent.

Russian reports 50 people. Other article 44.

The latest reports suggest the mobile phones of at least two passengers are working, though nobody has picked up.

“A call waiting tone can be heard, but nobody is answering,” the director of Angkasa Aviation magazine says, as cited by Detik.com.

Which can be interpreted in many ways.

The plane flew round the mountain and then sharply changed course and started descending near the point marked with black arrows.

“The authorities are searching for the plane. A helicopter has just returned but says there is no trace of it. Rescuers are looking at the maps trying to determine where it could be,” Sergey Dolya who was on a previous flight on the very same aircraft, told RT.

Now THAT'S interesting!

In the morning five helicopters are expected to join the rescue operation.

Let's hope they find something. Survivors of course and if not than at least what will aid the families in finding

peace.

PICTURES FROM LINK

edit on 9-5-2012 by silo13 because: Added note above

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
or you could add to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a mere 5/6 threads down from yours

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I dont know much about radar operation but not all radar stations are active. Some only recognize you when you turned the transponder on. If not, your invisible to this kind of radar. So in order to "vanish" from these radars you have to destroy/switch off the transponder. If I were the chief of that radar station, I would call military to look for it with their active radar. Kind of obvious to me.

May talk bull# and civil airports may have active radar, too

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Very interesting, I seen this on CNN.
A troubling detail was " The pilots requested permission to descend from 10,000 feet to 6,000 feet, air traffic controllers said. After that, all radio contact was lost.

The plane began making its descent but vanished from radar screens at 6,200 feet in a mountainous area." (CNN)

Lets hope it didnt crash!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nicely put together post but unfortunately late to the punch
Please add to existing thread here - .www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread closed

top topics

join