It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop posting duplicate threads, Learn some ATS Etiquette.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yes i realize the Irony that this is also a duplicate thread but some people need to get it through their Inane skulls that nobody wants New Topics crammed up with topics that were posted just 15 minutes ago, This may be news to some but there is in fact a perfectly good ADVANCED SEARCH FEATURE that can be used to check whether your topic has been posted before'
Now admittedly sometimes this search feature does not work and one may accidentally post a thread that is an almost identical copy of somebody Else's in this case as soon as your alerted by another member either Alert the Mods that your topic has already been covered, Or at the very least edit your post to alert other members of your foolish mistake, Do not just leave it there and fish for stars and Flags.

There is no excuse for Ignorance and it's only your own image your harming if you can't be bothered to act with an ounce of Decorum.

edit on 9/5/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes, there always has been a problem with Duplicate Threads...

I'm going to use this platform to COMPLAIN once again about the terrible search function.

I posted three threads in the last week (after searching) only to be notified that the topic was presented. Similar enough titles for a working search engine to pick up.
edit on 5/9/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

The Irony eh

And yet the problem still exists...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am SOOOO against protesting.

I just don't know how to show it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This was posted earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dJbdJb

I know, I posted it, I don't have Alzheimer's

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm getting a weird deja vu vibe here...

Sometimes, imitation IS NOT the sincerest form of flattery.

Instead, maybe we could have sort of 'ATS public service announcements' like the errm government does!

I like the idea of some code to aggregate all the dupes by topic...lol

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I did it myself just this morning.
Guilty as charged.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I blame the Bilderberg group...oh and the crappy search...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well that's alright Moderators can get away with it, Or you could have just deleted the other thread and pretended you were the first poster

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Don't forget you can post duplicate threads on the same topic/news item/whatever if they are in different sections of the forum, for example it might belong in Breaking News and Fragile earth if it's about a breaking oil spill that threatens the environment.

Mods might want to clarify that or correct me if i'm wrong. Otherwise the mods are usualy pretty good at closing down duplicate threads. Might take a little time but don't forget they have lives away from ATS too. It's usualy pretty quick though.

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
yea im still getting used to how things worked, i assumed we just add to already established threads.

like i posted the news link saying that the underwear bomber was a double agent in the already established threads, but it seems it just goes ignored until some one created a new unnecessary thread with the news link.

im not sure how to handle it around here, ill just follow the rules i guess.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I agree. I’m a little tired of it as well. The Z & T threads were a good example of people throwing out the same stuff. It was absolutely ridiculous! The mods are pretty good about removing threads that have been addressed already. I guess the best thing you can do is have a little faith in their ability to remove the duplicates.

What threads are you talking about…?

edit on 9-5-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by dJbdJb

I know, I posted it, I don't have Alzheimer's
But you do have an attitude

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I can only close or moderate threads in certain forums or I would have closed my own dupe.
Only Supers can moderate in all forums.
Just an FYI.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

You understand correctly CX.
One in BAN and one in the other appropriate forum.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ahhh i gotcha

new topics

top topics

join