It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Judd, Texas Inmate, Gets 40 Percent Of Votes Against ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/08/keith-judd-texas-inmate-g_n_1501761.html?ref=e...

10 hours ago ... Enough that a man in prison in Texas is getting 4 out of 10 votes in West ... BuzzFeedAndrew Update Obama loses an eight county in the WV ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well here we go again. What's up with the Huff? They can't seem to pump enough of this stuff out lately. I don't even have to search for this news. It comes from all directions. I wouldn't think there could ever be a release of this kind.
What is the intention of the media here. Is it to help or hurt the POTUS?
ATS can be the judge here.
Cheers ljb

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

The Huffpost is a large site so they have to post a lot of different stories. This isn't their story either-It's the AP's.

It says more about West Virginia than Obama. Obama never came close to winning WV in 2008 in the first place. I don't think he's sweating what they think over there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All politics is theater.

For the curious:

On September 27, 1999, the petitioner was convicted by a jury of two counts of mailing a threatening communication with intent to extort money or something of value in violation of 18 U.S.C.§ 876. See United States v. Judd, 252 F.3d 435 (5th Cir. 2001) (per curiam) (not published) (affirming conviction and sentence). Because of various aggravating factors that increased the offense level by a total of eighteen and the criminal history category from one to four, the petitioner was sentenced to 210 months’ imprisonment.”

Some how (ironically) those responsible for vetting candidates seem to have - once again - fumbled the ball....

Have we ever permitted a felon to run for president before?

By the way, the Secret Service is party to the case in which he was convicted....

(whomever he was attempting to extort and whatever the consequences of non-compliance were, it was clearly important and sensitive enough to hide the details from the public record.... makes you wonder, no?)

Considering the LONG list of media outlets pumping this story into the intertubes; I'd say this is a message to Obama from someone deep in the media system.... which I am sure they thought they "owned and pwnd."

Comedic tragedy... thy name is "American Politics"

edit on 9-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

hope you all read the link.
I just realized that the OP omits who the prisoner was running against.
Yup it's Barry Sorento aka Barak Obama

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

The Huffpost is a large site so they have to post a lot of different stories. This isn't their story either-It's the AP's.

It says more about West Virginia than Obama. Obama never came close to winning WV in 2008 in the first place. I don't think he's sweating what they think over there.

True but there is a Texas inmate with a big smile on his face I bet.
lol ljb

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How does a prison inmate even have the rights to run for office, or even to vote?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks max, for the info.
Some here may think I am trivializing these releases.
Your post is what it is all about.
Doing our best to deny Ignorance.
cheers ljb

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
How does a prison inmate even have the rights to run for office, or even to vote?

The only requirements for a POTUS is to be a natural born citizen and over 35.
Inmates may not have civil rights at the moment, so in most places they can't even vote, but they can be elected.

Wouldn't it be interesting if he won...suspend the sentence until his terms are up. heh..

act 1: give myself a full pardon.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Not sure, Think Nelson Mandella?

Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela - Similarto Nelson Mandela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela is a South African politician who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, the first ever to be elected in a fully ...

Apartheid in South Africa - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela - Robben Island - Mvezo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

He was in South Africa, completely different rules. In the U.S. certain states don't even permit former felons to vote.
edit on 9-5-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So the question becomes, which so-called "party" welcomes the (still serving time) felons into their club of heroic community leaders?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

So the question becomes, which so-called "party" welcomes the (still serving time) felons into their club of heroic community leaders?

Huuummm good question.
What I see-- media swings anti Barry.
Public gets screwed by whoever the foolish American vote goes to.
Back to square one, Oh well

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

One could make the case that a person whom has been on the other end of the states facilities (not nice tax payers office, but rather, tax payers vengence) might have a better insight into how things need changing.

Best way to defend against crime is to consult with criminals on how they do crimes...takes one to know one sort of thing.

just some random thoughts on the matter. Personally I don't mind a person whom has a record in their past (of course this specific case is not past, so moot), but what they learned from it and if it adds value overall. A person whom is a reformed whatever is far more trusting than someone whom is not reformed because they haven't gotten caught yet.
Many politicians are criminals that aren't caught.

I would like to hear Madoff discussing how to stop hedge fund scams...he has far more insight as to obstacles than those currently in charge of stopping our financial corruption

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
so if the inmate can technically run for president....does that mean he gets secret service protection while in jail? i mean i think all candidates are entitled ss protection while they run that would make prison meal time an interesting case,still mildly sad if the huff post article is true would probably be one hell of a quagmire if he manged to get elected though that's for sure

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There is wisdom in your words.

Sadly, that wisdom does not translate to the theater of politics well.

I recall, long ago, the amusement of the re-election of Marion Barry in DC.... but there appeared to be no decline in prostitution or crack coc aine trafficking after his presumptive rehabilitation.

Personally, I am of the opinion that prisoners can rehabilitate themselves, barring obstacles by the local system; but generally speaking, there is no true commitment to rehabilitation; and populism calls for sentencing to be 'punishment' not an opportunity to 'make it right.'

Some felons can be as patriotic and loyal as anyone else... but society has accepted the meme that criminals are human garbage... most in society don't even care to know the details of the crime, and scoff at attempts to redress the justice system as these people are 'not worth it.'

But that is not germane to the topic so, I'll stick with, the original question... which political party (assuming that most believe there are actually two) will accept felons as their proffered 'patriots' to 'represent' the 'people'?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
so if the inmate can technically run for president....does that mean he gets secret service protection while in jail? i mean i think all candidates are entitled ss protection while they run that would make prison meal time an interesting case,still mildly sad if the huff post article is true would probably be one hell of a quagmire if he manged to get elected though that's for sure

That would be doubly ironic, since it was the Secret Service who played a major role in his prosecution and conviction in the first place....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

That would be doubly ironic, since it was the Secret Service who played a major role in his prosecution and conviction in the first place....

Very interseting. But wouldn't you politly decline that eeerr protection.
lol I could see folks with guns, knives and poison arrows comming at the dude.
The SS guys say " Hey Keith, see ya in a few. WE gotta check in with our chaparones.

new topics

top topics

join