It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Problem?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I just seen a post with video about lawmakers casting more than one vote in session and it was immediately 404d, what was violated there? Can someone please enlighten me?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

It's been posted before. It's probably been deleted as a duplicate.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ATS seems to be very trigger happy when it comes to deleting threads. I wouldn't waste to much time here posting things you find on the internet but it can be a good place to pick up information like the voting video to post outside of ATS.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Another one just got 404'd.
Not sure what the reason for that was?!
Kinda hard to read a thread when it's deleted

edit on 9-5-2012 by snewpers because: meh

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I just seen a post with video about lawmakers casting more than one vote in session and it was immediately 404d, what was violated there? Can someone please enlighten me?

me too, what is up ATS? you in on some scamming or you going to say why?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
reply to post by ajay59

That would be nice, if that is the case, so hopefully a mod will chime in here and tell us it is so, so no one goes

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I guess it's just against ATS rules to post actual evidence of government corruption on this forum! If this story had been posted before, why not just refer to that post? I think there is more to it than that!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
check your private messages for details from the mod, is what author of the thread (OP) can do, to see reason why, as one is sent to them telling them reason, however, thread being deleted makes it look very suspect, as closing it would make much better sense and if moved, leave a link for viewers to read, so no one thinks that it was censored unfairly!@

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

me to its not the first time ive noticed posts being moved to elsewhere,and as im a relatively new member ,i can tell you i do not use the search as there would be loads of old posts in the vaults im sure ,i want to see stuff in the new topics ,stop burying stuff ats in your vaults,you earn enough through advertising im sure to afford the servers as the adverts are between everyfrigging post, ats your mods are getting like the gestapo police,

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthinhabitant
check your private messages for details from the mod, is what author of the thread (OP) can do, to see reason why, as one is sent to them telling them reason, however, thread being deleted makes it look very suspect, as closing it would make much better sense and if moved, leave a link for viewers to read, so no one thinks that it was censored unfairly!@

IMO there is no thinking to it! It WAS deleted in a suspicious manner!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybro
ATS seems to be very trigger happy when it comes to deleting threads. I wouldn't waste to much time here posting things you find on the internet but it can be a good place to pick up information like the voting video to post outside of ATS.

Threads that are duplicates of ones already posted do get deleted. It's your responsibilities as thread starters to use the search function and make sure the information doesn't already exist. Certain drug-related issues, threads meant to be offensive, and intentional hoaxes may also be deleted.
Other than that, I'd say this site is rather respectable in regards to the way it's run and the information contained within.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthinhabitant

Yes, check your messages! Come back and let us all know what is going on as the mods do not seem to feel they need to explain themselves!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
For everyone arguing about it, here's an earlier post with the same video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I think most of us here know that the 'search' function
is a total waste of time.

If they are that strict with their rules, how come this
thread is ok? It opens with off-site content without ANY
opinion, text or whatever from the poster.

Don;t get me wrong, I don't care how one makes a thread,
but it just seems odd.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

For everyone arguing about it, here's an earlier post with the same video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I've normally seen in this case is a mod says posted before and directs to the thread! Maybe someone does not want people to see this one!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

yes hidden away from ppl not in the list of new and pressing topics ,arrgggggghhhh why is everyone so anal check the search box,NO i do not wish to use the search box perhaps if the site was tweaked any posts related to the one your looking at would appear in a box in the corner,elimenating the nead to search, still vote hiding things in old threads and then deleating anyone who puts up a similar post is hiding the truth,a bit like in hitchikers guide to the galaxy when the council hides the plans for arthur dents house to be demolished in a secret underground office,

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
...not sure where the vault that stockpiles all the deleted threads is located at, any one got any linkage that we can access it or do some dumpster diving in?

If it was a duplicate or whatever the reason, then maybe a closed with a reason note, in the future will help everyone here, especially those who are viewing and trying to post a response, etc., as really does make one raise an eyebrow, that has maybe not seen or read it, yet or if duplicate, did not catch their eye...

A complaint gets deleted and then told to go post in the complaint forum, does not help, if the mods, just move it to there, and show a feed of them somewhere, like trouble tickets pub topics

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
posting a video from youtube does not make a thread.

search function works fine.

people too damn lazy to use it.

then you have people creating threads like this. sad.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

In those cases, I thought the proper response was to CLOSE the thread and link to the original ..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

Here's an idea for you and others who are complaining....

How about using this functon;

Suggestions and Complaints

You will likely get a quicker response from the staff going down that route, rather than making a thread about it.

edit on 9-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join