It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama official Rick Bookstaber cites Karl Marx in defense of 'class warfare'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It's all about Perception !!

edit on May-09-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

It's about READING COMPREHENSION for some and INTENTIONAL IGNORANCE/SPIN CROSSING INTO RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA for the more intelligent.

In my most cynical moments I view the far right as having a two-pronged agenda for a permanent majority.

(1) Spin/Propagandize everything said by folks left of center...and now days "center" is left of center to the far-right.

(2) Deride/Defund/Decimate the educational system so that there are fewer and fewer Americans capable of understanding that what they are being fed is right-wing propaganda.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Rick Bookstaber

Who?

Should I be outraged or curious about this guy I never heard of that somehow represents the whole Obama administration.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And the fact remains he Did quote Marx one way or the other.

And with this you encourage me to repeat myself..

Originally posted by Indigo5

If we are to follow the logic of disregarding context...he qouted Marx, thus he is a Marxist...THEN..

YOU qouted Marx in your OP in this thread...THUS...you are a MARXIST

You are an interesting poster Xuenchen...the first to post OPs that are out of context/spin/propaganda, but then your rebuttals that follow hint at an intelligent, rational understanding that the OP is weak at best.

I used to think your avatar was a general comment on politics...the Fox guarding the Hen House, but lately I am starting to think you might be the fox

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's about READING COMPREHENSION for some and INTENTIONAL IGNORANCE/SPIN CROSSING INTO RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA for the more intelligent.

In my most cynical moments I view the far right as having a two-pronged agenda for a permanent majority.

(1) Spin/Propagandize everything said by folks left of center...and now days "center" is left of center to the far-right.

(2) Deride/Defund/Decimate the educational system so that there are fewer and fewer Americans capable of understanding that what they are being fed is right-wing propaganda.

That's all well and good, But....

Do you really think every single person is on a high reading comprehension level ?
What happens when somebody "hears" things without reading ?

Perception is the problem. Not IQ level or education level.

How many true and genuine Americans do you think will agree with anything Marxist ?
(regardless of "skillset")

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That's all well and good, But....

Do you really think every single person is on a high reading comprehension level ?
What happens when somebody "hears" things without reading ?

Perception is the problem. Not IQ level or education level.

Point taken and agree....ADD plays it's part. People read headlines, like the one you posted.

How many true and genuine Americans do you think will agree with anything Marxist ?

Bookstaber was never aiming to get anyone to agree with Marx, only qouting him as a central figure in the debate over the length of the workday during the industrial revolution.

YOU qouted Marx for the purpose of your OP...Do you agree with Marx?

edit on 10-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Bookstaber was never aiming to get anyone to agree with Marx, only qouting him as a central figure in the debate over the length of the workday during the industrial revolution.

YOU qouted Marx for the purpose of your OP...Do you agree with Marx?

Are you absolutely 100% certain that Bookstaber wasn't ?

I Perceive that he may very well have been doing just that. Why else would he make the roundabout references ? He is the "fox", and he's not in the henhouse.

Where did I quote Marx ? (see what I mean about "Perception" ?)

"Do I agree with Marx you ask ? In what context do you mean ?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Are you absolutely 100% certain that Bookstaber wasn't ?

I can only judge by his full blog post and in the plain context of that post, his quoting Marx was relevant to the "Class Warfare" of the industrial revolution...and to not quote Marx would have been to pretend that Marx was not the driving philosophical force behind labor rights at the time. It would be like explaining the philosphical underpinnings of the feminist movement without mentioning Elizabeth Cady, or explainingg the rise of the Nazi party without discussing Hitler...etc. etc.

I am sure you get it at this point and this exchange seems to be for amusement rather than sincerity?

Where did I quote Marx ? (see what I mean about "Perception" ?)

In your OP?? Just read the qoute again??

"Do I agree with Marx you ask ? In what context do you mean ?

Again...whether you agree or disagree with Marx cannot be discerned from you simply qouting him....Ditto Bookstaber.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join