It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Been Lied To

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

You're right.

If we want to get absolutely deductive about it, God's real name is Ani.

This link will explain the reasoning behind such an unassuming name:

God's Real Name

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
0mage approves the circle with the dot in the middle. it is the purest symbol of the path to God on the earth

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

I'm afraid the link you provided for comparisons between the Babylonian god Marduk and the clan God Yahweh has no scholarly value whatsoever.

The clan god Yahweh can most evidently be traced back to the monotheism of the Hyksos, whose sole worship of Set was in turn to become Judaism.

The Babylonian god Marduk was a syncretization of the Sumerian gods Asarluhi and Ninib.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Ani in Hebrew translates to "I".

You will find various versions of this in all semitic languages and dialects.

I understand that you are pointing to an esoteric interpretation of a name in that "we are all god" etc. However, this only applies in a semitic sense.

edit on 12-5-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by 1nOne

I'm afraid the link you provided for comparisons between the Babylonian god Marduk and the clan God Yahweh has no scholarly value whatsoever.

The clan god Yahweh can most evidently be traced back to the monotheism of the Hyksos, whose sole worship of Set was in turn to become Judaism.

The Babylonian god Marduk was a syncretization of the Sumerian gods Asarluhi and Ninib.

Very interesting... so if one takes the position that Jesus is modeled from Horus it adds a whole new dimension... Yahweh would not only be a completely different God than Jesus' "father", but the sworn enemy of Jesus... Fits well with the gnostic interpretation... Do you have some reading recommendations for the whole YHWH as Set theory?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Dont listen to that nonsense. "Jesus" is the Man's Greek to Latin to German to English translated Name. His birth Name is "Yeshua" which means "YHVH Saves".

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yes, yes and yes

For reading material I recommend writings by Prof. Jan Assmann of Heidelberg University, Prof. Donald Redford of Toronto University, and Prof. Ze'ev Herzog of Tel Aviv University. These are excellent, scholarly writings on this subject.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Thank You... I just did a little searching and found out this theory goes all the way back to Josephus! Fascinating... How in the world have I never heard this before? I'll definitely be checking the subject out some more. Are there any specific books or papers you recommend?

@Noturtypical: I'm well aware of the Christian interpretation of the name Jesus. With all due respect my friend; I listen to all non-sense. It's the only way to figure nout what makes sense. You may be fine with what you "know" to be "God" and your savior. I respect your faith and your knowledge. I am a questioner and a seeker. I will seek truth 'till the day I die. At this point, for me, that truth lies beyond Genesis to Revelation, but it can be found there too.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by 1nOne

Yes, that link was the first I came across and I used it just to refute the claim that there were absolutely no similarities between the two gods . You are right, it is not well-grounded scholarly research.

In any case, I hold that the Babylonian Marduk and the Hebrew Mordecai are a sycretism, as are Ishtar and Esther. I do believe there is no reference in the book of Esther to either a "Yahweh" or "Elohim".

Wikipedia:

The name "Mordechai" is of uncertain origin but is considered identical to the name Marduka or Marduku attested as the name of officials in the Persian court in thirty texts (the Persepolis Texts) from the period of Xerxes I and his father Darius, and may refer to up to four individuals, one of which might very well be the biblical Mordecai.
The name is commonly interpreted as a theophoric name referring to the god Marduk with the understanding that it means "[servant/follower/devotee] of Marduk" in Aramaic. (The Book of Daniel contains similar accounts of Jews living in exile in Babylonia being assigned names relating to Babylonian gods.)

The Talmud (Menachot 64b and 65a) relates that his full name was "Mordechai Bilshan" (which occurs in Ezra 2:2 and Nehemiah 7:7). Hoschander interpreted this as the Babylonian marduk-bel-shunu meaning "Marduk is their lord", "Mordecai" being thus a hypocoristicon.

edit on 12-5-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

For books, I would recommend:

Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times by Donald Redford

Moses the Egyptian by Jan Assmann

The Mind of Egypt by Jan Assmann

And for papers, I'd recommend:

Theological Responses to Amarna by Jan Assmann

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history. This mind control technique was used successfully by ancient Egyptian historians

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda." Source

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join