It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Been Lied To

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the root word of Mary is ma
which is a common word in soooo many languages around the world
kali ma, ama, mama, matre, married, etc

Mary, Miriam (God opened an abundant spring where she died), is related to mer/mar (sea) as well. Water is associated with the divine feminine - the mother ocean.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What's the purpose of Religion?

I do have a theory on it in one of my threads I've recently created. It's a little long but I can assure you that it's worth the read and I hope that it will open up to some ideas and thoughts among the intelligence of ATS to put the puzzle together. This theory of mine, is the only logical possible answer in my opininion that actually makes sense of everything.

I present to you all;

My Theory of the past, present, and future. Simply click on my signature if you wish to read it. I'm interested to see what people have to say, debunkers included.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The stories in the religions of the earth are both stories and truth. The take a truth and represented it using stories. all the stories are code for understanding yourself and the world you were born into. ppl focus singly on the literal aspirations of the story rather than the code for what they meant. but alas i suppose it was never meant to be easy and required alot of risks to cross the bridge of no return.

Did you know that the story "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" could be aptly titled "Enlightenment and the 7 chakras" which teaches about healing through the power of love? so many of our childhood classics.. the truth before our eyes if we have the eyes to see.

Many learned scholars here.. i give a gift. everything and all you need to know.. is how to achieve enlightenment through the chakra wheels and kaleidoscope of colours and the connection with kundalini rising techniques. There is no greater attainment in the test of this earth that says 'you have passed'. This is what all including nature teaches if you take the time to look, listen and learn. To those that find this message. I wish you the best of luck. It wont be easy. especially if ur struggling with loving all living creatures and creations of the Supreme Being.

Yes.. God will be watching. can you stand before him with pride or will you huddle in shame and hide?

edit on 10-5-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I'll give him the middle finger and ask for the next ticket to hell.

God, as identified by Christians, does not deserve my respect. No violent and vindictive being with a penchant for narcissistic deception does.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Supreme being is not the God of the Bible, nor the God of the Koran.. nor any other religion. The Supreme Being is the God of all creation. The books are creations of man. So many go against God when it is the words of men that have misled them to suffering. God's true bible is written within and each man woman child and creature has access to it. if they would only take the time to "know" themselves.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

For being posted in layman's terms, that's a good summary.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by 0mage

I'll give him the middle finger and ask for the next ticket to hell.

God, as identified by Christians, does not deserve my respect. No violent and vindictive being with a penchant for narcissistic deception does.

I agree with him. I will also give him the middle finger as well for not lifting a finger to giving all humans on this earth equal rights for a chance of a normal life. And this goes for all the blind, deaf, mentally handicap, and all those poor people in Africa who looks like skelanoid humans because they don't eat properly. If God brought everything into exsistance with a spoken word, he can just as easily fix all of these problems and grow fruits for these people to eat and ponds for people to drink.

I don't believe in God, for that very reason and even if he existed; even being tortured in hell for all enternity doesn't bother me because sticking the middle finger and telling him to shove it up his ass would make it all worthwhile, because like Starchild said; he does NOT deserve my respect. So God, we should be begging YOU for Mercy? No, you should be begging US for Mercy for being the narcissistic son of a bit** you really are.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Taking the time to get to know themselves?
That's nothing to do with God; that's taking the time to respect life as it is and learning to understand yourself and people better and learn to appreciate life.

That little "good" feeling you get, isn't God at all. It's the feeling you get that makes you appreciate life, which is why it feels good because life is good and should be appreciated among all of us more than we give it credit. That feeling your talking about isn 't your "closeness relationship" with God at all. You just "think" it is, because you cannot explain it, and therefore think "This is must how "God" wants us to feel about our life, our existance" hense why you think that. Just chemicles in your brain, playing around; similar to the chemicles in your brain playing around when you're in love for the first time.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
日 This is the modern form of the Chinese character, "ri", meaning sun/day/hour/god.
It's original form,"ri", found on ancient oracle bones, takes the shape of a circle with a dot in the middle.
This is EXACTLY the same as the Egyptian logogram "r", also meaning sun/day/hour/god.

Chinese Oracle Bone character, "muk", meaning, "eye":

This is virtually identical to the Egyptian hieroglyph, "ir.t", or even the "eye of Horus".

The Egyptian logogram, "nfr", which is a cross on top of a circular base is remarkably similar to the ancient Chinese character, "whan" (king/holy) and also to a hieroglyph of a very similar design and same meaning of the Mi'kmaq Indians of North America. In fact, the base of the Mi'maq character, "holy", which is the encircled cross, is a pervasive primeval symbol found in many cultures of old.

The Egyptian ideograph for "jug" is almost identical with the archaic Chinese version.
So too, for "altar", "temple flag", and many others.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Well, you can't believe all those either. some of those were borrowed from earlier cultures also. They had a problem making up new and original scripts those days too. Some of them were the same because a name translated to a different name when you got to a different language. My name has different names associated to it in old times. They are by no means close to the same pronounciation or spelling. Move and your name changed to a name of the same meaning. Take bird, it has many different names in different languages.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It is widely taught today that these cultures developed independently of each other.
This is not what philologists are finding out.

It has been discovered that the Proto Germanic language is related to the languages of Iran/India.
Aryan is an English language loanword derived from the Sanskrit ārya ('Noble').
There was a reason the Nazis identified themselves as, "Aryans". What did they know that we don't?

Humans did not evolve from monkeys out of Africa.
We were the westward migrants of the former Pan.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by 1nOne

Um...

You do know that Bel/Baal just means Lord?
The Babylonian Marduk and the clan god Yahweh have nothing in common.

Wikipedia:

Since Baʿal simply means 'master', there is no obvious reason for which it could not be applied to Yahweh as well as other gods. In fact, Hebrews generally referred to Yahweh as Adonai ('my lord') in prayer. The judge Gideon was also called Jerubaʿal, a name which seems to mean 'Baʿal strives'.
At first the name Baʿal was used by the Jews for their God without discrimination, but as the struggle between the two religions developed, the name Baʿal was given up in Judaism as a thing of shame, and even names like Jerubbaʿal were changed to Jerubbosheth: Hebrew bosheth means "shame".

One also finds Eshbaʿal (one of Saul's sons) and Beʿeliada (a son of David). The last name also appears as Eliada. This might show that at some period Baʿal and El were used interchangeably; even in the same name applied to the same person. More likely a later hand has cleaned up the text. Editors did play around with some names, sometimes substituting the form bosheth 'abomination' for ba‘al in names, whence the forms Ishbosheth instead of Eshbaʿal and Mephibosheth which is rendered Meribaʿal in 1 Chronicles 9:40. 1 Chronicles 12:5 mentions the name Beʿaliah (more accurately be‘alyâ) meaning "Yahweh is Baʿal."

Comparisons between Yahweh and Marduk:
the-red-thread.net...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Please don't mistake my words for a negotiation. You must remember that it is man who has turned their back on God and not the other way around. If you do not believe then that is your choice. you must have tried really hard to find God and nothing you tried worked. That would be unfortunate.. however.. unlikely.

Maybe one day you will be able to explain to me how you created yourself out of thin air and spawned out of the ground.. then you'll have to explain to me why if you can spawn yourself and and create a universe to spawn yourself would u then make it so that man must have sex to reproduce.

Again.. My words on this topic do not lean in any way towards compromise. you have your free will and spirit, the tools of mind and body to do with as you wish. even if it means blaming God because the actions of man has made you unhappy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

as They say, ignorance is bliss.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In the beginning the gods were beings that were associated with beings that did good. Once populations increased and tribes broke off each culture adopted the original gods into their culture and associated the gods as representations of their beliefs and their way of life. The original beings probably were an advanced culture of beings that showed us how to do things and survive through droughts and taught us to use fire and medicines that were available on the earth. Humans seem to know the truth when they hear it but their own desires and knowledge distort their perceptions so they can't hear or see it. This blindness was attempted to be explained in many ancient texts and is misconstrued often.

We have been led to believe deceit and dishonesty are good human traits in many societies. These are not the teachings of these beings. I honestly don't know where these traits originated from. They have been dishonorable traits for thousands of years. It looks like each culture only permitted these practices later against other cultures not of their kind and that were in conflict with them. Now we have created a world full of people who are only interested in their own survival and each individual has no peace anymore because everyone wants what they have worked hard to get to provide for life in older years. Deceivers have run off with our security and given us worthless paper instead. The deceivers crunch the numbers to make it look as if we have wealth but in essence it is gone. All we have to count on is the bonds we have made with others during our life. Hopefully the bonds of friendship are still alive in this world.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Where did the English word "God" come from?

King James made it up 402 years ago. Why on Earth did he make up this new English word that didn't sound ANYTHING like what English speaking people were calling their deity?

If scripture/ancient Hebrew Texts say the deity ordered to be called "YHWH".....how come nobody calls him that today?

Amazing isn't it? Even though we know it's a lie....we just keep on living the lie.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Actually, the name of God was changed in order to prevent his name from being used in vain. Considering I've already burned copies of the Bible, I may as well post it here. I've committed the deepest, darkest sort of blasphemy I can, short of murder and "Devil worship", so there's no reason to hold the name back. Hell, maybe even my current views regarding Source are considered Devil worship. So really, all I have left is murder. And no, I'm never going to do that unless left no choice. Anyway, here's God's true name:

Adonai. Adonai is the original name of the Christian/Judaic/Hebrew god...I might be mistaken, but I don't think I am. If, by some chance, I am wrong...feel free to correct me.
edit on CFridaypm101016f16America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You are wrong.

Adonai, also, again, just means lord.and master.

Nothing blasphemous about it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

It's original form,"ri", found on ancient oracle bones, takes the shape of a circle with a dot in the middle.
This is EXACTLY the same as the Egyptian logogram "r", also meaning sun/day/hour/god.

You mean the circumpunct, also known as the symbol for ascension, power, and enlightenment. I've wanted to get a tattoo of it for a while now.

But personally, my favorite symbol is the circle. It represents the many truths in life, including the concept of life leading into death, and death leading back into life. Of everything coming from the Source and making its way back again. Of destruction and regeneration, and the endlessness of time itself...the ebb and flow of karma, then giving and taking that we must all master to live peacefully.

The circle is the truest, most holy, most insightful, most powerful, and most secretive symbol I know.

edit on CFridaypm333323f23America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join