It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No threat to US, No AlQaeda, No WMD, No liberation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What was this massacre about then ??

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
WTF, no liberation how do you figure that.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Are you saying their is no Al-Qaia, WMDS, and all the other stuff?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I`m not, but thought I`d avoid the others as the liberation is fairly visable and as yet we have n`t seen proof of the WMD, the Al quiada links.
I think someones been at the funny pills.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, I don't know. Coalition forces found 3 terrorist training camps, one had a shell of an airliner. Hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Who the Pentagon????????

When could we ever trust anything they say?????????

Who the Media??????

Since when are they a creditable source???????

Just wait. One day they will come clean. When??????

When it is safe.

Let our men do their jobs. They never said they were finished.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi is not is obvious that the Otoman empire was ruthless?

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, tell yourself whatever you need to keep your anger seething. Let it consume you for all I care but reguardless of how true all your claims are under the bag you wear over your head, you can't make them true in the real world and you can do ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to protect the people who carry out the acts of terrorism. Like it or not, their day has come. They have asked for it for over a decade and the fact you and they have the nerve to look astounded by all this is irrelevant. Have a nice one if ya can.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Seeing as there was no massacre, I am not sure what the topic is about. Not only is there liberation, but much of the US occupation was because of Iraq and can now be scaled back. The forces in Saudi were to enforce the no fly zone. Not needed anymore. The forces in Kuwait to enforce the UN sanctions no longer needed. No more need for the UN sanctions either which cause suffering in Iraq. But then Moku doesn't care about the people of Iraq. But for the rest of us who do care about those people, it's a great day. Of course it means Germany will lose a lof of business selling arms to a dictator who massacres his people as well as neighboring countries...but not everyone can come out on top. Unfortunately It will take the Iraqis some time to pay off the debt owed to germany for the weapons used to oppress them. Hows that for Irony? 'Sorry your loved ones were killed, and BTW, you owe us the money used to help kill them'.

But freeing them is a massacre.... interesting. ;-)

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There was a massacre during whole last month, remember ?

The casualty numbers arent out, not to speak of the homeless, injured, grieving, humiliated, etc...

We dont know what will happen with the Iraqi people in the future (perhaps religious fundamentalism ? perhaps they will vote Baath ? does that sound like liberation to you ?)

There are no WMD

There is no AlQaeda

Iraq was never a threat to the US

DU and bomb clusters will infest the region for years to come

but we are to applaude the cynical massacre of a population that has been prior to that massacre starved to death by the US-led embargo ?

One of the biggest cultural crimes in history has been commited by the US.

And to perform all this, GWB tried to convince us with lies , photocopies from cheap defence magazines, and forged evidence.

( The weapons deals with Iraq were weapons deals from US, not Germany, in the overwhelming majority of cases. The United States assisted Saddam Hussein with experts when he used these WMD, in the United States powerplay against Iran. Perhaps they even convinced him to buy these weapons .. who knows ? )

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes there was a massacre, noone, didn't you hear they allies found a huge mass grave a few days ago? Hussein commited numerous massacres. He was also fond of tortures and rapes, as well.

This silly little Koku that keeps on popping off with stupid crap relates to Hussein, for some reason and is really angry that we stomped Hussein.

I think Moku likes tortures and rapes. Hussein was his hero of sorts, and he is upset that we killed his hero and freed all those people.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi it sounds very much like you want to believe that.

Any government which does to its people, what Saddam Hussein was doing to its people, is a threat to the US.

We just did find the equipment and chemicals needed to make such weapons.

As far as Al-Quaeda we have several recordings prepared by the Al-Quaeda sounding very supportive of Saddam regime, also those paintings of the world trade center is suspicious. Clare that is not prima fascia evidence but we are just beginning.

To be certain, all the evidence is starting to come together. In the end what will be apparent is that despite what was clearly criminal behavior on the part of Saddams regime. France, Germany and the UN sought to keep it in power.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
"but we are to applaude the cynical massacre of a population that has been prior to that massacre starved to death by the US-led embargo ?"

You seem to have been very selective in what you have watched and read to reach these conclusions. Did the piles of gold ak47s, the well over 60 palaces all very opulent, that the husseins had. To say that the embargo was bad for thm is silly. It is quite evident that the Husseins were getting plenty of money through oil trades and not passing the benefit of the money on to the people.

Your arguements are very weak, whilst it seems we have no evidence of WMD yet, they have found links to terrorists groups, the people may end up being led by religious people but they have that choice now.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Moku man, sorry but you twist the facts so badly that it's now just slander. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when the things you say are so far out of reality? I mean just saying that there is no liberation alone sounds like something like the Iraqi information minister would say.

The "US" lead embargo? Interesting how you word that when it is actually a UN lead emargo. One which could have been ended looong long ago, but because Saddam chooses to be defiant, his people must suffer. It was the US lead intervention which will now bring an end to that embargo since it would not be able to be lifted with Saddam in power.

And no, there was no massacre recently. There was a regime being removed. Of course you would rather that 100,000s of thousands be killed and hurt under saddam then the few 1000s which will suffer in the process of Saddams removal.

Why don't you just be honest and admit that your only goal is to try and bash the US? Admit you don't really care about Iraq. It's just so hypocritical considering what your own government is doing. At least the US is doing something to help Iraq.

Try and see the big picture and realize that while trajically some have died in the process, it's to lessen the number of deaths and suffering in the long run. Many people died to defeat Hitler, how many more would have died if he wasn't defeated? Same thing but on a much smaller scale. Unless you are saying that you support Saddam. Could this be the case? Maybe I missed that.

dom

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Moku's a little more militant than me, but I have to say that the general gist of this post is about right.

The Iraqi people were liberated from Saddam, they are now occupied by the US/UK. That is FACT. The only issue is whether or not they are happy to be occupied by the US/UK, and so far it seems like public opinion isn't particularly favourable to the occupiers...

There is no terrorist link to Al-Quada.

The *Palestinian* leader arrested the other day has denounced violence, has been retired for 18 years, and is a prominent political leader who the US have no right to imprison anyway due to an amnesty signed with the Palestinians in 1993. We know that Iraq supported the Palestinians in their conflict with Israel, there is no news there.

We have found no WMD's yet. Which considering we gave a 100% probability to their existence, seems like a bit of a cock up.

And to imply that Iraq was a threat to the US is laughable.

So overall then, I agree with the post, but would tend to say that a few of the comments need to be clarified. I am a little worried about the "proof" that sheeple are now reporting about these links though. We've talked about the training camp with an aircraft before, the Iraqi's celebrating 9/11 should come as no surprise, the UN sanctions were indeed lead by the US (and the US would not allow them to be lifted, considerable evidence indicates that the US manufactured the crisis that lead to the initial retreat by inspectors to prevent the sanctions being lifted), there is also no evidence yet that the situation in Iraq will lead to a reduction in deaths over time (looks quite unstable right now).

So the media have done a good job of convincing a lot of sheeple that Bush/Blair are in the right, but so far I remain unconvinced. If only people who have access to the information would allow themselves to believe that their country is not a bastion of peace and justice, the world would be a safer place for us all...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, how can you say there is no WMD when were not even finished searching for them? What you thought in 30 days our boys would find everything? Iraq is a about the size of California and it should take a while to search it for WMD. Not to mention the facilities are either underground out in the desert or camouflaged or something.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Jeezo,
Thats the whole point they haven't found any WMD so how can they go to war with them?
Liberate shmiberate. What a crock.
Some of you people are so naive it makes me sick.
Your like spoon fed zombies.
Bush/ Blair say anything they want and you lap it up.
Is it unpatriotic to question their motives.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
Mokuhadzushi, how can you say there is no WMD when were not even finished searching for them? What you thought in 30 days our boys would find everything? Iraq is a about the size of California and it should take a while to search it for WMD. Not to mention the facilities are either underground out in the desert or camouflaged or something.

Well, for one thing, Iraq's supreme science counsellor said there where no in public .. would he want to make a fool of himself ? Second, we were promised "hard evidence" in December. This hard evidence hasnt been provided. Therefore i think there is no hard evidence. Third, Blix said before the outbreak of the war that it is highly improbable Iraq had any WMD.

That's not "100% proof", but makes it very likely that there are no WMD in Iraq...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join