It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

your post skitzed me out. First off.. This story is shady.. 2nd.. I once had a girl on a motorcycle fly up and pull next to me.. And almost immediately after she got even with me in the driver seat, my frontt right tire blew out. It was a brand new tire too.. Crazy stuff dude. Skitzin.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
RT News - still no sign of aircraft. The hours are ticking by and still nothing - they have mentioned that it was over a Volcano.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Helicopters have reportedly FOUND Superjet but no other details as of yet.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Helicopters have reportedly FOUND Superjet but no other details as of yet.

updated:

Indonesian Air Force officials have found the debris of the Russian Sukhoi SuperJet-100, which dropped off radar Wednesday, report local media. Forty-eight are feared dead in the accident.

The plane was detected at an altitude of 5,500 feet on the edge of a cliff in a mountainous area, as three helicopters and over 600 rescuers resumed their search operation around Salak Mountain, in Java's west, on Thursday morning. Earlier in the day, Indonesian authorities expressed hope for an emergency landing.

------------

Here is what RT is saying:

Indonesian helicopters have detected the missing Sukhoi SuperJet-100, which dropped off radar Wednesday, unconfirmed reports suggest. As the pilots are trying to determine the exact location of the jet, the fate of its 48 passengers remains unknown.

The report comes from Russian blogger Sergey Dolya, who has been working at the scene since the plane went missing. Dolya says the plane was detected at an altitude of 5200 feet.

That's such a vague account. Located it where? In what condition?
edit on 5/9/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well I'm going to guess something to do with the volcano like a previous user mentioned...still crazy with all the tech on these new planes. Rip to those who lost their lives... Very sad

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wreckage found...
near Salak Mountain range of WEST JAVA, Indonesia.

bad weather slowing down the recovery efforts..

www.thejakartaglobe.com...

"Update: Russian Airplane Spotted in Salak Mountains"
Camelia Pasandaran | May 10, 2012

Officials say they have spotted the missing Russian civilian airliner around the Salak Mountains in West Java,

The ground search team will go to the site to confirm whether it is in fact the missing airplane. At least 40 people were reportedly aboard the plane, including eight Russian crew members, Indonesian journalists and officials from Indonesian airline companies. The airplane was on joy flight to introduce the airplane to Indonesia. It had got flight license from Indonesian transportation ministry. The plane took off from Halim Airport, which is used for some commercial and military flights, shortly after 2 p.m. on Wednesday. It was expected to return in less than an hour, but it lost contact around 3:30 p.m.

Herry Bakti, head of the transport ministry’s aviation division, said the aircraft was on the second of two demonstration flights, and those on board were invited guests. The flight was part of a promotional road show for the Sukhoi jet planned for six Asian countries. It was scheduled to go to Laos after Indonesia.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm not buying the "someone on board that needed to die" bit here. From what I've gleaned from this thing it would make no sense to take out a potential economic boon to a stagnant aviation industry only to take care of some political loose ends. This "Superjet" could well pump vital money into the Russian economy and corner a share in the aviation world's advanced mid range commuter aircraft. It doesn't make sense to take it out in my view. Having said that, my bet is it will go down as "Pilot error"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
well still there's no picture or video in our local news tv channel.
this is the only picture they got

that white dot is the plane debris

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by riverbank

Now it's all going to fall on that 'Black Box' - the weird thing is that there were no transmissions at all prior to crash, no sos nothing which suggests to me they had no warning - if it was Pilot Error there would have been some kind of transmission - that only leaves a ............ Yip a Bomb or some kind of Sabotash ?

Let's wait and see

edit on 9-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

the report says he ask permission to lower the height to 6,000 feet. maybe the pilot doesnt see anything because fog in that area and when he decreases plane altitude, the crash happens

here some other pic

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Wreckage found...
near Salak Mountain range of WEST JAVA, Indonesia.

bad weather slowing down the recovery efforts..

www.thejakartaglobe.com...

"Update: Russian Airplane Spotted in Salak Mountains"
Camelia Pasandaran | May 10, 2012

Officials say they have spotted the missing Russian civilian airliner around the Salak Mountains in West Java,

The ground search team will go to the site to confirm whether it is in fact the missing airplane. At least 40 people were reportedly aboard the plane, including eight Russian crew members, Indonesian journalists and officials from Indonesian airline companies. The airplane was on joy flight to introduce the airplane to Indonesia. It had got flight license from Indonesian transportation ministry. The plane took off from Halim Airport, which is used for some commercial and military flights, shortly after 2 p.m. on Wednesday. It was expected to return in less than an hour, but it lost contact around 3:30 p.m.

Herry Bakti, head of the transport ministry’s aviation division, said the aircraft was on the second of two demonstration flights, and those on board were invited guests. The flight was part of a promotional road show for the Sukhoi jet planned for six Asian countries. It was scheduled to go to Laos after Indonesia.

Just another plane flying into a fog shrouded mountain,.
No conspiracy theory, no hijack, no bomb.

You can all go back to sleep now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
RT website not confirming the plane has crashed

Indonesia's Transport Ministry is still considering the plane as “missing,” as a crash has not been confirmed.

Link

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
previous 2 replies exemplify the discord

1) just another plane crashed into mountains

2) crash hasn't even been confirmed

nevertheless, wreckage has been spotted and awaiting confirmation.

will be interesting once they analyze the black box, etc.

guess there werent any SURVIVORS?

RIP! (Although no deaths havent even been confirmed)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
it seems the wreckage has been found?

still no updates or confirmation on RT
source
it seems the above lin is not being updated anymore
heres a new link
RT does confirm crash site found, no sign of survivors
rt.com...

edit on 10-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Its very sad, but I don't think they will find any survivors

The plane appears to have been completely obliterated

Although, I wonder what that yellow object in the middle is? Is it something from the emergency crew? Or perhaps a survivor putting it there to signal?

It looks like the emergency slide, but I would have thought that it would have either burnt up or been blown off etc?

edit on 10/5/2012 by Kliskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Im very surprised there has been no mention of U.F.O activity on this thread yet..especially after the claims of a U.F.O seen around the Pakistan crash last month (still waiting for the black box investigation on that one) and the large amounts of videos recently on youtube act act apparently taken from plane windows or U.F.Os/metalic orbs filmed tracking planes.

just my two cents if everyone on here is jumping to conclusions. I hope they get to the bottom of both crashes and make sure the same errors are never repeated( if indeed the latter HAS crashed.)
something just seems odd.

peace out

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey

The plane appears to have been completely obliterated

Although, I wonder what that yellow object in the middle is? Is it something from the emergency crew? Or perhaps a survivor putting it there to signal?

It looks like the emergency slide, but I would have thought that it would have either burnt up or been blown off etc?

cant see it (pasting link directly still stalls forever) but thanks for the description,

cant wait to see what yellow object ur talking about (slide?)!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Another picture in here www.solopos.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Pic of the crash site and updated info:
rt.com...

The scattered debris of the Russian-made plane was spotted on a slope of Salak, a volcano in Java's west, around the coordinates, at which it disappeared from the screens.

Due to the remoteness of the site, bodies will need to be placed in nets and hauled up into hovering choppers by rope. Experts say identifying the bodies will take quite some time as they have been badly fragmented.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
say WHAT?

The crew members and all passengers on board the Sukhoi SuperJet-100 were covered by insurance worth US $300 million, provided by Rosgosstrakh Russian group of companies.

RT Link

i wonder whos getting a huge payday?

not much to go on the insurance company

en.wikipedia.org...

RGS

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join