It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see what happens with this, it will certainly be strange if there is no wreckage to be found...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Meanwhile, David Learmount, formerly of the aviation news website Flightglobal, believes that the fact that this particular flight was a demonstration for prospective customers could be a significant part of the equation. Quite a large number of flight accidents take place purely because the aircraft are being shown off right up to the edges of their potential, he told RT.

source

loose cannon pilots huh?
edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
RT New reporting loss of contact with Russian new Superjet 100 that was on a demo flight between various countries - they state they are not ruling out the possibility of a Highjacking!

44 people on board - lost contact S E Asia.

A hi-jacked plane still shows up on radar until it gets out of range.
When a plane "disappears" from radar, it iususally means it has crashed.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

RT New reporting loss of contact with Russian new Superjet 100 that was on a demo flight between various countries - they state they are not ruling out the possibility of a Highjacking!

44 people on board - lost contact S E Asia.

A hi-jacked plane still shows up on radar until it gets out of range.
When a plane "disappears" from radar, it iususally means it has crashed.

Not if you hug the deck around 250-300ft. Not saying that is happening, but airport and traffic control radars typically cannot see below this ceiling, especially in irregular terrain.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Search continues but still no sign - RT stating it's a mystery. Plain was able to detect terrain abnormalities and would detect a mountain even in cloud! Highly trained test Pilot who would not risk running out of fuel!

Apparently Demo flights are a high risk operation as Pilots tend to push the boundaries.

Area is Volcanic!

Highly populated area!

So this sure is beginning to look like a mystery.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
so it descended to 6,000ft
it states a mountain at 6,200ft
doing the maths i would say a mountain crash

but can anything be found within the 44 onboard? probably not

There were 44 people onboard, including 8 Russians and 36 citizens from other countries – mostly representatives from major airline companies.

So.. Basically there were lots of influential people on board. This reminds me of the "accident" in Russia when the Polish president died.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Still no news?
I saw this thread this morning before work.
I figured they'd have found them by now.

Good luck the them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe the Bermuda Triangle transferred their flight...

In seriousness, Hope everyone is safe but if they haven't found them by now looks like their chances are slim.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shred

There were 44 people onboard, including 8 Russians and 36 citizens from other countries – mostly representatives from major airline companies.

So.. Basically there were lots of influential people on board. This reminds me of the "accident" in Russia when the Polish president died.

Yes this is exactly what I stated a few pages back about Poland. As for influential well that would depend on what influence they had and over whom?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
wonder if there's an underground bunker nearby... or a mountain that is rumoured to have tunnels and caves underneath it!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
radar doesn't go through mountains or into canyons and other blind spots...

edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Maybe they all got raptured.
There one minute and gone the next. How? Maybe they all got raptured.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

that would be hilarious considering the passenger list mostly looked muslim and other than christian

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Maybe they all got raptured.
There one minute and gone the next. How? Maybe they all got raptured.

raptured to an underground base somewhere by there maybe. WAIT, I KNOW. puttin needed to clean out the closet.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I'm waiting to see what happens with this, it will certainly be strange if there is no wreckage to be found...

I've been flying around this area for some time, amd it's very remote and rugged.

If they went down close to Mt Pangrango as suggested it could take time to find wreckage, and even longer time for SAR to get there.

Personally i wold take anything local media say with a grain of salt.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Can't they just kill each other without some American making Billions of dollars? I am glad that my soul is not in an arms dealer.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Plain was able to detect terrain abnormalities and would detect a mountain even in cloud! Highly trained test Pilot who would not risk running out of fuel!

Is this what happens if you don't sign up for the 'Life Time Maps' with Garmin??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
it's daybreak over there now, im hoping they find everyone alive within a few hours.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

m.smh.com.au...

they lost contact 20 minutes out but the plane had 4 hours worth of fuel.

"Salak's a big mountain, I didn't hear anything," said Jocean Bowler, an American running an organic farm on the slopes of the mountain, visible from the capital on clear days and a popular tourist destination.
edit on 9-5-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shred

Yes this is exactly what I stated a few pages back about Poland. As for influential well that would depend on what influence they had and over whom?

I would like to know who will be the respective successors to these missing govt officials on board. this could speak volumes if we are going down the conspiracy path.

I'm of the opinion that this is an unfortunate accident and nothing more. Time will tell I suppose

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join