It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here is something interesting: I put it in bold and underlined below.

Rear Marshal Daryatmo, chief of the national search and rescue agency, said several diplomats from the Russian Embassy, potential buyers from major Indonesian airlines and journalists were on board what was supposed to be a 50-minute demonstration flight - the second of the day.
(Source)

I wonder if Putin is cleaning house.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by darthdamo74

Originally posted by Danbones
Have any buildings in the area fallen in thier own foot prints?

this would explain why they cant find any wreckage

kinda like 911

yeah if they do find anything it will probably only be a drivers licence
edit on 9/5/12 by darthdamo74 because: That kind of sounds like Im righting them off which Im not I hope they turn up safe and sound

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

at least Putin was not on the plane that would add a whole level of crazy to this situation,has he spoken publicly on the matter? that might help us figure out if the russian government thinks its a hi jacking vs a crash,either way i hope we can get more details soon as its kinda weird no one can find the plane

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
Here is something interesting: I put it in bold and underlined below.

Rear Marshal Daryatmo, chief of the national search and rescue agency, said several diplomats from the Russian Embassy, potential buyers from major Indonesian airlines and journalists were on board what was supposed to be a 50-minute demonstration flight - the second of the day.
(Source)

I wonder if Putin is cleaning house.

I've been doing a bit of digging about and have found most the passengers from the now widely available lists linked to a job to do with aerospace / airlines / air magazines etc. However, there are only 36 names, plus I suppose crew so names such as diplomats may have been omitted

www.thejakartapost.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This has alien abduction written all over it......

"Beam up the plane, Scotty"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Didnt a bomb go missing too the other week?

Something tells me either a spectacular is planned or the bomb story was fake and this plane just crashed...

With the Olympics coming up i really wanna know if that bomb story was fake!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this is the latest

Due to low visibility and fog the helicopters had to stop the search and return to base. The rescue operation is now restricted to a ground search. The search will continue throughout the night.

“Now we are mobilizing ground teams in coordination with the local police and military units to find the aircraft’s whereabouts,” the Indonesian Search and Rescue Agency chief, Vice Marshal Daryatmo told the Jakarta Post.

The rescuers will try to reach the highest point in the mountainous terrain to get a better view of the surroundings. In the morning five helicopters are expected to join the rescue operation.

The latest reports suggest the mobile phones of several passengers might still be working. Blogger and traveler Sergey Dolya, who was on a previous flight on the same aircraft, tweeted that he has been trying to call his Russian friends for several hours.

“Sometimes the calls go through, sometimes they get rejected. But no one picks up. Locals do not know how to locate [the phone’s position],” a recent tweet by Dolya says. Dolya has also tweeted that he sent a short message to each of the phones and is now waiting to receive delivery notifications.

Earlier, the director of Angkasa Aviation magazine said he was calling his two employees onboard the missing plane and nobody was answering, though a “call waiting tone" could be heard.

source
rt.com...

edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
was this a test flight or a demo flight?? yahoo article said test flight, but there is a big difference between the 2. Hope those people are okay. Why didn't the beacon go off??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
was this a test flight or a demo flight?? yahoo article said test flight, but there is a big difference between the 2. Hope those people are okay. Why didn't the beacon go off??

It was a demonstration sales flight. So I guess some are calling it a 'test' flight for those interested in purchasing the plane for their airlines.

One aviation person I heard interviewed on RT stated he would not be surprised if the flight crew was 'showboating' with the plane and ran into trouble. He made it sound like that is something that happens with these type of sales demo flights.

OiO

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I've been searching but can't find anything further. Does anybody know of a news feed or a more recent video of what is happening?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
good point...but this plane is so well made, it will prevent any mistake a pilot could make.,...on the other hand that could make them cocky and take chances...human nature.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by Danbones

I've been searching but can't find anything further. Does anybody know of a news feed or a more recent video of what is happening?

Not too much coming out of the area right now since it is the middle of the night there.

I have been following a Russian blogger that was supposed to be on the flight, but stayed behind. He has been posting info and answering questions.

The majority of the tweets are in Russian, I've been using an online translator to view them. twitter.com/dolyasergey

OiO
edit on 9-5-2012 by OneisOne because: typos

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

this certainly is curiouse thanks for the update

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hold on a minute......... As far as I am aware, this is the first I have read which says the aircraft CRASHED?

www.nycaviation.com...

Any views?

Found the man who works for Bloomberg I think, trades in the derivatives market, forex and commodoties.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: additional info

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
seems to be taking quite some time to find it. 'an anomaly' was how the reporter on RT just described it.

"Indonesian media reports put the number on board as high as 50, noting that there were "other guests" taken on the flight.
Air traffic controllers lost radio contact with the plane about 20 minutes into its flight, a source in the Russian United Aircraft Building Corp., the plane's manufacturer, told the Itar-Tass news agency. The pilot had just asked for and been granted permission to descend from 10,000 feet to 6,000 feet, and disappeared off radar screens when it reached 6,200 feet altitude, Indonesia aviation officials reported.
The SSJ-100 had conducted two other demonstration flights around Jakarta earlier Wednesday for prospective buyers as part of a six-country Asian tour, according to Russian media reports.
Two rescue helicopters were dispatched shortly after the plane went missing just before 3 p.m. but had to return to the Jakarta airport because of bad weather. The Indonesian national search and rescue agency then sent soldiers and rescue workers in vehicles to approach the suspected crash site around Salak mountain, rescue agency spokesman Gagah Prakoso told reporters in Jakarta.
"We suspect the plane crashed, but we're not yet certain," the agency's chief, Marsdya Daryatmo, told reporters hours after the plane disappeared and darkness fell, further frustrating the search for the aircraft and possible survivors, Agence France-Presse reported."

source latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is a RT video update.

The interview with the gentalman speculating about the plane being pushed to far is at about 8:10 minutes in.

OiO

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
good point...but this plane is so well made, it will prevent any mistake a pilot could make.,...on the other hand that could make them cocky and take chances...human nature.....

Yeah and the Titanic was unsinkable

Crash...no beacon?
Hi-jack...no radar tracking?

Pretty strange for sure, 20 minutes into the flight, how far could it get?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks greatly.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
jefferych, I was thinking that about the titanic(unsinkable) we all know how that turned out! as I posted the info about how the plane is supposed to prevent any pilot mistakes!!

" best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray!"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
From the initial posts they said ''They should have run out of fuel by now''. It sounds like they only had enough fuel for a short demo-flight.

The request for descent does sound a bit weird, you only descend for landing. Unless, as a previous poster said, they were showing off.

Back to the hijacking theory, if they had minimal fuel they would have had to land at a nearby airport. Something that big doesnt just roll in and fill up the tanks unnoticed... I also doubt it was equiped for in-flight refueling.

That leaves us with a crash. I doubt it would be against a mountain side as something this techworthy should have a very sophisticated terrain awareness programme. These days it takes a real dumbass pilot to crash into a mountain.

So that leaves only a catastrophic failure of the airframe in midflight...

Should be interesting to see how this developes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join