It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crash!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by quedup

i think you lost me a little
it was descending from its first 30 min flight when it vanished
then you said it had a maintenence check BEFORE its second flight (but didnt it vanish on the first flight descending?)
so which is it

It went up - stayed up for a 30 min demo and came back in then had a maintenance check before taking off again for a second demo (the Indonesians were preparing to buy 14 of them) it didn't return from the second demo.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
we just had another faux underwear bummer
expect anal probes in the US and also drone attacks in Yemmen

Im just hearing on the Radio that India just decided to take Iran's side not that of USrael's
If this was skullduggery
expect something there too

To be fair
There is also the potential that Israel's opponents have taken a page from the US's false flag play book
we ought to be watchfull for that angle too
edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

thanks for clearing that up

im gonna see if can find the spec of this plane and see if it doesw have a tracking device on board

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Yes thank you for pointing that out went back and re-read the first page.

found my mistake here.

Originally posted by Mufcutcakeyumyum
RT just updated, nothing new as of yet.
Just my opinion but for a planned demo flight of 30 minutes, fuel on board would have been probably not full capacity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I do think it strange that the blogger who is reporting was supposed to be on the plane for the second demo flight (he'd been on the first) but decided not to board as he apparently wanted to take photos of the plane in flight???

Don't know in what capacity he was working. I assume some kind of Sales Rep maybe???

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
no mention of a tracking device but maybe some interesting points

List of Companies invlved in development

Project leader: United Aircraft Corporation

Strategic partner: Alenia Aeronautica

Risk-sharing partner: Snecma

Main designer: Sukhoi

Consultant: Boeing

Aircraft Main System Suppliers: Thales (avionics),[47] Liebherr (with Teploobmennik OJSC and PMZ Voskhod JSC) (Flight Control Systems),[48] Messier-Dowty (landing gear), Intertechnique (Zodiac) (fuel system), BE Aerospace (interior), Curtiss-Wright Controls (fire protection system), Honeywell (APU), IPECO (crew seats), Parker Hannifin (hydraulic system), Hamilton Sundstrand (electrical system), Meggitt Vibro-Meter (engine vibration sensor), Saint-Gobain Sully (windows), AeroCell (Nacelles and Thrust Reverser), SAMCO (Passenger and Cargo doors), Goodrich Corporation, Aircelle (engine nacelle).

Engines: PowerJet (NPO Saturn and Snecma)

Mass production: KnAAPO, NAPO

all from wiki

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
I do think it strange that the blogger who is reporting was supposed to be on the plane for the second demo flight (he'd been on the first) but decided not to board as he apparently wanted to take photos of the plane in flight???

Don't know in what capacity he was working. I assume some kind of Sales Rep maybe???

Looking at his Livejournal page it looks like he might be a photo journalist. The page is in Russian, so some (like me) might have to run it thru a website translator.
Home page: sergeydolya.livejournal.com/
Profile page: sergeydolya.livejournal.com/profile

Hope they find the plane soon and everyone is well.

OiO

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Here is the transponder details... I think:

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Alenia Aermacchi is owned by finmeccanica
from the Finmecanica website

Designed, developed and built by Sukhoi Civil Aircraft in partnership with Alenia Aermacchi, the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ100) is a 100 seat regional jet. The SSJ100 is an advanced and environmentally friendly new generation regional jet.

The new Superjet International company, based in Italy and formed by Alenia Aermacchi (51%) and Sukhoi (49%), is in charge of aircraft customization delivery, marketing in the western countries, and worldwide technical support.

www.finmeccanica.it...

the planes blurb states it has electronics that are so sophisticated they won't let a pilot make a mistake
you'ld think there would be a transponder system
but then look at the transponder issues during 911

edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They're saying that communication was lost 20 mins into the flight.

Previous Countries visited included Pakistan before flying to Indonesia.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

cool thanks for the link
so if this device is fitted to the aircraft, then why is there a problem tracking the plane?
unless its crashed, but that would trigger the beacon
catch 22 here

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Would be interesting to see a 'who's who' of the passenger list - I wonder if there was anyone of particular interest?

Wasn't Russia implicated in that Polish Plane that went down wiping out all their prime leaders!
edit on 9-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

only names as of yet

The plane was operated by senior test-pilot Aleksandr Yablontsev and co-pilot Aleksandr Kochetkov.

RIA Novosti also released the names of six other Russian nationals. Aero navigator Oleg Shvetsov, flight engineer Aleksey Kirkin, leading test flight engineer Dennis Rakhmanov, test flight deputy head Nikolay Martyshenko, “Sukhoi” company Sales Director Evgeny Grebenshchikov, and contract manager Kristina Kurzhukova were all reportedly on board.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Seems it went missing over Mount Salak

www.mountain-forecast.com...

So from this info can bad weather be ruled out?

Source:hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
merge or change title?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

this is the earlier thread..
hey, you posted the OP on your thread at 9:11 am this mourning

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

I think you need to wake up!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just stated 8 Russian Crew and 36 International passengers.

It's 2 am where I am so I'll be heading off shortly - I'll just have to see what tomorrow brings. Have a feeling it's going to be interesting.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Apparently poor weather and nightfall are now hampering the search so I don't think we'll get anymore till morning - just ground search now operating in the area.

So weather could well have been a factor though you would think such a modern high tech plane could overcome this??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

this was mentioned on RT with the first breaking report

There were 44 people onboard, including 8 Russians and 36 citizens from other countries – mostly representatives from major airline companies.

however their is a list of a few names i posted a couple of posts up that have been added to the RT site

Recent messages on Twitter posted by blogger and traveler Sergey Dolya give the names of the crew members. The plane was operated by senior test-pilot Aleksandr Yablontsev and co-pilot Aleksandr Kochetkov.

RIA Novosti also released the names of six other Russian nationals. Aero navigator Oleg Shvetsov, flight engineer Aleksey Kirkin, leading test flight engineer Dennis Rakhmanov, test flight deputy head Nikolay Martyshenko, “Sukhoi” company Sales Director Evgeny Grebenshchikov, and contract manager Kristina Kurzhukova were all reportedly on board.

added them here aswell

edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: added ext txt

edit on 9-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join