It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on pursuing a raw vegan diet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Congratulations.

Word of warning: Try to still get vitamin B12 in your body. Easily done by eating proper cheese. Yes I know, vegans don't eat cheese but I know a man who has been a vegan for decades and a couple of years back he had some issues because his diet lacked vitamin B12. He got the advise to eat cheese(not the factory produced ones but the proper farmer produced ones), he took the advice, even though he was a vegan for years and years. Now he's in his 70's and tells me he hasn't felt better or more energetic in his life. So vitamin B12 = VERY IMPORTANT.

you dont need to eat cheese to get b12..

Nori, is the seaweed that is commonly used to make sushi (or nori) rolls that have been very popular in our culture. Some studies have found that nori has a significant amount of B12 and the researchers have even states that nori is a, “most excellent source of vitamin B12 among edible seaweeds, especially for strict vegetarians.

www.healthscience.org...:seaweed-and-b12&catid=102:jeff-novicks-blog&Itemid=267

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by SpearMint

Well my advice would be don't do it, Humans are meant to eat meat, our bodies have evolved to do so and that is how we're meant to live

You sure about that..?

Interesting data. Where did you get that from?

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's a BS chart. Humans do not have flat teeth or half the other crap in that chart. If you want to keep it real Humans are somewhat in between carnivore and herbivore.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

A theory would be that ice age(s) forced mankind to eat more meat as the soil was all frozen. But I'm pretty sure we were frugivorous originally.

Peace

edit on 10-5-2012 by CityFarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
It's a BS chart. Humans do not have flat teeth or half the other crap in that chart. If you want to keep it real Humans are somewhat in between carnivore and herbivore.

Just because you eat animals does not mean we all have to think as you so calling the chart BS shows a fear of others who choose a different way
You get your information from one source which may ring true with you but it does not mean it is true.
It is just a form of self justification
Why attack another's choice to eat what they want and not eat what they do not want

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by libertytoall

Just because you eat animals does not mean we all have to think as you so calling the chart BS shows a fear of others who choose a different way

What? I'm calling the chart BS because it stretches the truth. Humans do not have flat teeth like other herbivores. In humans, "the gastrointestinal (GI) tract is 5 metres (20 ft) long in a live subject, or up to 9 metres (30 ft) without the effect of muscle tone," So if we're herbivores shouldn't our intestinal tract be 12 times the length of our bodies?? I don't see many humans with 72 foot long intestines..

You get your information from one source which may ring true with you but it does not mean it is true.

Are you saying humans have flat teeth and 72' long intestines??

It is just a form of self justification

Wow.. I state facts and point out what's wrong with the chart and it's for my self justification?? Seems more like the other way around.. Take your Jehovah Witnessing of veganism and stop trying to convince and convert everyone else. And lastly, don't make false facts up in nice looking charts with the hopes you're going to win over more vegans because it just turns people off. The vegan movement is very much like the occupy movement. A bunch of holier than though ignorant fools.

I said humans were somewhere in between herbivores and carnivores and that IS THE TRUTH..

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry but nobody is going to get me on a raw vegan diet. I think all vegans need to be cooked at least medium well. I don't like eating raw meat. I'm not much for cannibalism either.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Fair enough I do not know the authenticity of the chart
Nor what you claim either
I have my own reasons for my particular diet however
Eat what you want I say - My real reason for being on this thread was to offer advice on a Raw Vegan Diet which the OP expressed he wished to try but wanted advice as I know people who have that diet - They are actually in very good health
If I thought it was harmful I would say.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The only problem with the Raw Vegan diet seems to be the fact that vitamin B12 diminish as the stores are used up. If not repelnished the most strange things can happen on a basicly cellular level.. So supplement with a drop under the tounge and you should be ok.The older you are the more you will need it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The biggest advice I can offer is to ease into it...most people dont know, but there are body types out there that simply cannot handle a vegan diet. Celiac disease is a great example-I have a friend that almost died going vegan, because he is a celiac and did not know it.

Talk to you doctor, and do a little research on blood type diets. Vegan is not the across-the-board answer, as some would have you believe. In some cases, it can be downright dangerous.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

First things first.

Do you have a juicer?

If not, get one....Preferably a decent one.

Also you may want to check out:

-Dr Richard Schulze - Herb Doc.
-Dr John Christopher (RIP) - School of natural healing + Herbal legacy,
- Max Gerson (RIP) Therapy.

There are many many videos and info available online so use this information wisely. There are some other very good natural healers of course but the three above should be a good start and honestly arereally all you need. They are legends in their own right.

But....You won't get any more info from me until I know you have a juicer!!

Good luck

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

it's easy to concentrate on calories vitamins etc but also I would read up on essential fatty acids.
If you don't get them you are opening yourself to depression etc.
(They are called essential fatty acids for a reason!.
Google essential fatty acids depression. there are some studies also showing EFA alleviate depression.)

Cams : I have a juicer. I've juiced vegetables fruits etc daily since 2003. I feel no different to
when I did before I juiced and ate lots of junk foods. I still just though just in case.
Thing that made major difference to me was high strength omega 3 fish oils (high strenth essential because the low strength is junk IMO.)

Limbo
edit on 12-5-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
heh maybe vegan cheese have some b12

reminds me a vegan gal with nasty allergies since a move, didnt want to have localhoney in her tea to adapt to local allergens,

sad ,

kinda.

if I remember correctly, I read in a book called Death Of Cancer By Harold Manner et al that your body synthesizes b12 in the liver out of cyanide. (So nuts seeds would be good because of their amygdalin content?)
i was kind of shocked at this because I always thought vegans were likely to be deficient of it since
animals are a good source of it and it is lacking in vegetables.

Something horrible also. Licking some of your "poo" would supply you with enough to last a long time.
(It is synthesised by gut bacteria and ths is present in your feces.).

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Nice word to learn "coprophagic"

Limbo

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Limbo

Cams : I have a juicer. I've juiced vegetables fruits etc daily since 2003. I feel no different to
when I did before I juiced and ate lots of junk foods. I still just though just in case.
Thing that made major difference to me was high strength omega 3 fish oils (high strenth essential because the low strength is junk IMO.)

Limbo

That's great Limbo. Although the thread was about raw foods so naturally juicing is a no brainer.
The best advice is to find what works for you and stick to it. Sounds like you have found your solution. Krill oil seems to be in vogue thesedays too.

I take more of an holisctic approach based on natural healing such as regular excerise, eating fresh foods grains and nuts, drinking plenty of fluid, juicing, tinctures etc, the occassional detox and actually having functioning bowels for a change. Works for me.

Otherwise Colloidal Silver, MMS, electrification of blood, ozonated water have also worked for me too.

The most incredible results experienced have been through natural healing though - literally unbelievable results

Juice on.

edit on 12-5-2012 by cams because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

Okay... I have some retarted questions...

What are Tinctures? MMS? Electrification of blood? And ozonated water???

Am I to believe that my dietary requirements are more involved than I have ever been aware of?

I'm not knockin' you here I just want to know if my diet is something I havn't been taking seriously enough?

To me those above mentioned terms indicate that I need to know more about my relationship with food!?!..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
reply to post by cams

Okay... I have some retarted questions...

What are Tinctures? MMS? Electrification of blood? And ozonated water???

Am I to believe that my dietary requirements are more involved than I have ever been aware of?

I'm not knockin' you here I just want to know if my diet is something I havn't been taking seriously enough?

To me those above mentioned terms indicate that I need to know more about my relationship with food!?!..

Firstly MMS, Electrification of blood, and ozonated water (plus others) are part of research I conducted about five or six years ago when looking into alternative medicines but actually prefer natural healing thesedays, but will give you a brief rundown even though they are *not* food related so disregard if need be.. See bottom for food and herb related links.

MMS = Miracle Mineral Solution. If interested Jim Humble (who claims to have a 'cure' for maleria, HIV etc) is the man for you to research. I'd only ever use MMS now in an extreme emergencies, but hey, it worked for me and others I know who had the 'flu.

Electrification of blood, magnetic pulzing, colloidal silver and ozonated water are based on the research and subsequent protocol by Dr Robert Beck (RIP) who claimed to have 'cured' many people from AIDS and other diseases.

Dr Beck found a US Patent from the early 90s by Kaali et al which claimed to have killed the HIV virus in blood which led Beck to create his much cheaper hand held electrification of the blood devise and subsequent AIDS etc research.
US Patent: 'Electrically conductive methods and systems for treatment of blood and other body fluids and/or synthetic fluids with electric forces'
patft.uspto.gov... 684&RS=5139684

(2hr) Dr Robert Bob Beck Lecture - Suppressed Medical Discovery To Treat All Disease -
www.youtube.com...

www.cancertutor.com... (Note: link talks about the Beck Protocol. but basically says the protocol works much much more effectively when used with a healthy diet and lifestyle.)

Which leads to....

Tinctures - are generally alcohol based (or vinegar or olive oil) herbs or combination of herbs that are highly concentrated if made correctly. Tinctures can sit around for years and years before expirey.

Personally I take a 'heart tonic' tincture everyday which feeds my heart and circulartory system with the essential nutrients it needs.. It consists of hawthorn berries, cayenne pepper, golden seal, garlic, red clover ginger and motherwort). Check out these herbs individually if you want to know more (via herbal legacy linked at bottom)

I use an eye tincture for one of my eyes too along with a few others occasionally. Also herbal toothpaste daily. Miraculous.

Anyway Some herb food links:

Dr. Christopher's Herbal Legacy
www.herballegacy.com... (lots of info about herbs and ailments)

Dr Schulze - www.whale.to... (links to Schulze' site, information and videos)

Dr Max Gerson - gerson.org...

The Beautiful Truth (2008) -Gerson (For those who know anything about the mystery schools, the sybolism used in this vid is obvious)
www.youtube.com...

Hope that helps somewhat.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i think a raw vegan diet is a great idea. MOST (not all but MOST) people who do it and eat a good variety of food feel great and have more energy. be sure to balance everything. don't go to heavy on the grains. they're filling but more veggies is better. take a good multivitamin with B12.

good luck!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join