It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dolphin and penguin deaths resolved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Mystery of dolphin and penguin deaths

www.smh.com.au

After weeks of study, investigators say they think they know why the 4450 pelicans have died: hotter than usual ocean temperatures have driven a type of anchovy deeper into the sea, beyond the reach of many young pelicans.

But scientists studying the deaths of hundreds of dolphins and porpoises from early February to mid-April say it remains a mystery, due in part to the government's slowness in investigating the phenomenon.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-5-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

They say the deaths of the dolphins and pelicans were unrelated and it was a coincidence that they happened around the same time.

Authorities were so late in gathering tissue from the mammals that crucial clues were lost, said the scientist heading the dolphin death probe, Armando Hung, head of the molecular biology lab at Cayetano Heredia University.

Ocean temperatures in the region, said Bocanegra, are 6 degrees above normal for this time of year, Peru's autumn.

The dolphin die-off remains a mystery.

So, 4450 Pelicans have died as a result of lack of anchovy, as they are all going deeper into the water due to rising sea temperatures. Furthermore, the scientists claim that the dolphin die offs are unrelated, even when "Crucial clues were lost." That means they are speculating.

There seem to be some holes in this whole mass animal die off, and it definitely is starting to sound like a cover up...

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The explanations for these deaths are lame. When hundreds of dolphins die in one go, that's a flipping CATASTROPHE. It's the kind of stuff that keeps you awake at night if you haven't grown yourself a thick skin.

Is it the sonar from those bloody subs?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
sounds like "let's throw an official Name plate in on this bonk explanation"

man made poisons in the worlds water currents, and the animals died from lack on anchovy?

i'm pretty positive that with animals, if one source of food becomes scarce, they, meaning WE, have plenty of alternatives to get the nutrients we need. Even some unconventional ones.....My dog eats tomatoes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If it wasn't so serious, I'd laugh my bloody head off at the rediculous things they come up with - it is an established fact that the Magnetosphere has been greatly compromised and we are having pools of confused north south anomalies cropping up all over the earth - birds and fish use this to direct them to their feeding grounds and annual migrations to warmer areas in winter.
Well, that's my take and I'm sticking to it.

I remember ages ago when the first birds fell from the sky and they told us it was normal - yeah right!

Oh and I don't suppose Fukushima has anything to do with it! Ah they say but that's only in that area - hello - fish swim to all areas especially when they''re confused.
edit on 9-5-2012 by quedup because: additional information

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

So its not solved......?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Parts of it are solved

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yes, I agree these are LAME. Dolphins in Brazil completed an age old tradition of helping the traditional fishermen of rounding up fish for the village, in a co-operative friendship project that has spanned eons yet they died in this case, from warmed up ocean and food going deeper.

The currents are supposed to be stalling and sea life died from freezes in Europe after the Gulf, not to mention tons of toxicity from BP's destruction of the ocean, not to mention both magnetic reversals, the sun and HAARP.

So, this is most likely not the cause.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
im not sure why these beautiful dolphins die, but one thing is for sure when they die in numbers an turn up on a beach somewhere, like i said before its usally followed by an event of earthquakes and tsunamis!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Is it the sonar from those bloody subs?

That's a pretty interesting idea. Do you think it's possible? To us those frequencies are less than bothersome but imagine being underwater and all of the sudden you were bombarded with these, and the dolphins are probably more susceptible to them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Warmer than normal sea temps... The global warming fan club will have a field day with this.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Warmer than normal sea temps... The global warming fan club will have a field day with this.

Unfortunately

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
were killed by shock waves generated by acoustic "explosions" used to test the sea bed for oil deposits.

Yaipen says he found dolphins with broken bones in their ears, internal hemorrhages and some of their organs collapsed.

From the story that was linked...

new topics

top topics

join