It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Obama will dump Biden and tap Hillary for VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hillary Clinton: Biden Her Time

There still seems to be an idea out there that somehow Vice President Joe Biden is going to leave the 2012 Democratic ticket — by his own choice or otherwise — and be replaced by Hillary Clinton, the secretary of state who has long said she will depart the Cabinet after President Obama's first term.

Former Delaware Gov. Pete du Pont thinks so, but what does he know?
www.theblaze.com...

Bob Woodward's comments on CNN last year that a Biden-for-Clinton switch was "on the table" were met with an unsurprising ton of eye-rolling in Washington. There was rumors of a move to dump Spiro Agnew from the 1972 GOP ticket and Dan Quayle's job was said to be in jeopardy 20 years later. But both men stayed.

The thing is, no elected VP has been dropped from the ticket since 1944, when Henry Wallace was removed at the national convention that year in favor of Sen. Harry Truman (D-Mo.). And that turned out to be extremely significant, as President Franklin Roosevelt was dead less than three months after he was inaugurated for a fourth term.

Now if the Romney team believes this rumors, then we can expect them to follow suit. If they act on this rumor it could force the issue with Team Obama and thus become a self-fulfilling prophesy. Not likely you say, well maybe not, but they this is ATS right? What else is there to talk about.

Just saying =/

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
basically you're saying you can't win with this guy.

but if he was going to drop out, he should have started saying a year ago, not a few months before the election.

if he had said a year ago, he was retiring for a while to be with his family, even if it's a lie, it would pass better.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What a ticket that would be...The "capitulator in chief" teaming up with a female VP who has bigger cajones than himself.

He could team up with David Duke and probably beat Romney though.

But I have a feeling that is the intention of the PTB ..4 more years of Obama..that will total 16 years of Bush.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Whether it's Obama/Biden or Obama/Clinton, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be back for four more.

Romney is 2012's John Kerry

ETA: 16 years of Bush is right...and unfortunately I expect 20, 24, 28, etc....
edit on 9-5-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I bet he'll tap the sh*t outta that, n she wont go back....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I bet he'll tap the sh*t outta that, n she wont go back....

He may already have lmao.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Mizzijr because: You seen nothing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Won't happen, I think it's a tad too late in the political season now anyways. I think the White House really enjoys Biden as the V.P. He gives off a warm, caring attitude, jokes around from time to time and just seems like a generally nice guy (not saying Hillary isn't a nice person). The White House benefits largely when Biden goes out and gains attention, especially in the case of gay marriages if you've been paying attention to the news the last couple days. Hillary seems to be on her last run for politics, she says she doesn't want to run for POTUS in 2016, doesn't want to be V.P. and is happy where her career is currently headed (who wouldn't be after all the accomplishments she's achieved?).

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can see it happening.

Obama is in desperation mode. He is starting to realize that he has a very good chance to lose the Presidency.

Desperate people (especially Democrats) do desperate things.

Mrs. Bill Clinton will not make a difference however.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I can see it happening.

Obama is in desperation mode. He is starting to realize that he has a very good chance to lose the Presidency.

Desperate people (especially Democrats) do desperate things.

Mrs. Bill Clinton will not make a difference however.

You should U2U me I'd love to bet at least $500 against ever hearing "president Romney"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's a pipe dream.

Clinton has already stated publicly that she will be leaving the administration in the event of an Obama second term, no doubt in order to focus on a Presidential run in 2016.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Two things here,

1. It all depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

2. If he taps her, will she let him do it again a second time ?

And in a serious note, it would look like this. If Hillary and Obamner team up they would implode on themselves in a liberal love fest and eat each other for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It would also give rise to a super Tea Party coalition that would send droves of conservative democrats, and independents over to the Romney side.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The dems should dump Obama and Biden BOTH and put Hillary in.
Maybe she could do a cross over for VPOTUS and have Jon Huntsman.
I think the country could go for a ticket like that ... Bring people together.
Both are quallified and both could do the job. (unlike Obama and Romney)

that being said .. TV news is saying the other rumor is that John Kerry will replace
Hillary as 'Secretary of State'. Yep ... John 'winter soldier' Kerry.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Obama would never make Hillary VP. He knows that if he did he would be found one morning in Ft Marcy Park.

top topics

join