It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World's Youngest Artist' Earning Thousands

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Nice to see a kid doing what she enjoys...and hey, if it pays the bills too then go for it...

A five-year-old Australian girl who has already earned well over £100,000 from her paintings has been described as the "world's youngest professional artist".

Aelita Andre has been painting since she was just two and her work has been exhibited in Australia and America.

Her cheapest paintings are now selling for more than £3,000 pounds each, the money from which is being put in a trust fund.

Her mother, Russian-born Nikka Kalashnikova, says she quickly realised her daughter's technique set her apart from other playschool painters.

"Her composition, her use of colour, her concentration span," she told Sky News.

Source: World's Youngest Artist' Earning Thousands

I love the fact that this young girl is being able to do what she loves and get set up for life with it, not that she probably realises that yet. It does show that anyone can make a work of art if they make enough mess.

Gotta hand it to the girl though, some of the finished pieces are nice to look at. Very colourful indeed.

Seeing her empty those acrylic bottles onto the canvas does kind of remind me of my kids wasting the shampoo in the bath tub when they were young though lol.

Talking of kids, my youngest did this to her guitar the other night, 5 minutes with a handful of her bright nail varnishes.....a mess or something worthy of the Tate?

I'd urge anyone to have a go at this, especially those who think they are no good at art or have not tried before. Get a cheap canvas, you can buy them now in the pound shops/dollar stores, get some acrylic paints or any cheap paints you can find, get a paint brush and just splatter your heart out.

I bet by the time you've spent a few minutes on it you'll like what you see. Give it a little more time and you never know, you might have something worth hanging up or selling. Bright colours make for some gorgeous artwork.

CX.
edit on 9/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i have a question....is throwing paint on a canvas really that hard?

call me when she actually paints something.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I guess my finger painting at age 50 isn't going to shake the art world now...

Looking at her face and eyes, it's clear that she sees something we don't. Like she's looking into another dimension.

Great find.

Peace

edit on 9-5-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i have a question....is throwing paint on a canvas really that hard?

call me when she actually paints something.

I guess it's art to someone.

Like i say though, literally anyone could do this. I guess it depends on how much people like your messy result.

I do find it fascinating to watch the concentration she has whilst doing this, you can almost hear the cogs working in her head.

Maybe she's just happy having fun and making a mess, and knows little about the whole arty thing going on?

I do agree that it will be the parents pushing the whole "professional artist" thing, but then again, they are providing her with something she loves. How many kids that you know would be allowed to take over a whole house and make that much mess?

Most get shouted at for getting a bit of paint on thier clothes.

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I was skeptical. Watching the video, I was ready to dismiss her "talent"... until I saw the finished piece at the end. While I agree that maybe we all have this ability in us, she did truly create something fantastic with great ease. As someone who grew up in a household that embraced art and had frequent trips to art museums, I can tell you that there is indeed something special about this artwork. The vibrant use of color, the movement of the viewer's eye through the piece, and the ability to invoke a "feeling" (at least in this painting, I haven't seen her others) are all characteristics artists throughout the centuries have aimed for in their work. You may not see it, there's nothing wrong with that, but for those who do, we can agree this little girl has a gift.

CX

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Very true.

There will also be the little girls imagination coming into play here, and as anyone who has kids or has spent time with kids can tell you, a childs imagination is a very powerful thing.

Unfortunately adults usualy lose this and the ability to understand whats going on inside the little fantasy worlds that are kids brains

Give an adult a box and they'll store crap in it.....give it to a child and they have a whole new world to play in..

CX.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
it's because she's five.

and if most of you would have taken the time to see the whole video, or fast forward to the end, you would have found out she abstractly painted the paris mountains.

whatever the paris mountains are.

go find any pictures or paintings you did when you were five.

it would probably look like this:

which was actually painted by a monkey:

now compare it to the finished picture she did. now you know why they are paying thousands of dollars.

obviously she's a genius, even if you don't understand what she's painting.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I used to teach art to elementary students and she does indeed have a gift for being able to create abstract work that invokes feeling.
Yeah, sure Jackson Pollock was doing the same thing 60 years ago but I doubt she's consciously trying to emulate anyone.
I happen to believe that all children are born artists and are gradually trained away from it. When adults and peers ridicule work with comments like "that doesn't look anything like a ______" it sucks the desire to create away from a child.
That is the major stumbling block to anyone in viewing art when they feel that a picture must represent something when in fact it doesn't.

After working 30 years as an artist I will admit to some jealousy when a child of 5 can get such recognition.
After all, she's not exactly working hard it - in fact she's playing but that is a lesson all of us could learn from. Doing artwork should be a playful activity and not toil and drudgery.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

join