It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters: What will convince you that Romney won fair and square?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Here are some facts about Romney's support against Ron Paul's support thus far in the primaries:

In terms of hard delegates, delegates that are pledged, that are highly unlikely to switch, Romney has more than 700 hard delegates, Paul only has 48.
www.thegreenpapers.com...

Romney gained more than 6.3 million votes behind him, Paul has over 1.5 million votes behind him.

Romney has an estimated 28 states that he has won, Paul has an estimated 2 (although the convention may change). Romney could lose half the those states and still be well within the lead, it will only take two states for Paul.

So why, given these facts, are Paul supporters crying foul of the elections with which they have 0 evidence that Paul is even close to Romney in this race? (And no, crowd sizes at events are not evidence). What exactly will it take for Paul supporters to come to terms with the fact that Romney won and Paul lost?

1. Apparently we can't trust the media (unless the media says something favourable about Ron Paul)
2. We can't trust the GOP authorities because, well, it's all some conspiracy.
3. We can't trust the delegate count at all because, well you know, there's no such thing as pledged delegates in the minds of Paul supporters,

So what else is there? By the sounds of it, the only way Paul supporters will accept that the GOP primaries were fair would be if Ron Paul won, this is what I see. Can any Paul supporter explain to me here what would convince you that Romney won fair and square? Any??

+11 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Where are you getting these facts? Those are manipulated numbers.

Ron Paul supporters: What will convince you that Romney won fair and square?

Nothing, in this reality. Nothing short of a Sliders episode, where reality is almost the same, but slightly different. Like Romney being "the most popular candidate"... which ain't happening in this world.

Do you get paid for this endorsement? Or are you just that far gone?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Nothing, in this reality.

So nothing will convince you that Romney won fairly? Nothing? Well atleast you're honest about it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Can any Paul supporter explain to me here what would convince you that Romney won fair and square? Any??

when he is sitting in the whitehouse.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Nothing, in this reality.

So nothing will convince you that Romney won fairly? Nothing? Well atleast you're honest about it.

I agree with Jibby. I cannot be convinced...

Are you a Romney supporter? (your signature's throwing me off)

If so, I just met my first one.

Romney can't win fair, dang, he's almost not winning while cheating.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The fact that there are only a handful of Romney supporters on a website that gets millions of hits a day.

The fact that you apparently get all your information from sources that LIE TO YOU.

I give you credit tho, you must be extremely motivated for Romney. If what you say is the case, you would expect 4 times the amount of Romney threads compared to Paul threads.

That's not the case, for that I call FAIL!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Can any Paul supporter explain to me here what would convince you that Romney won fair and square? Any??

when he is sitting in the whitehouse.

Not so fast my friend!

I do recall a certain pea brained individual that occupied the white house for two terms with ONE of those terms having been won fair and square.....although it still wouldnt have been fair and square given the current state of politics in my opinion, it's never fair and square..

I do really hope Ron Paul wins though, I feel that nothing whatsoever will change if either Romney or Obama win, nothing at all in the bigger sense of things. If it came down to Obama vs Romney absolutely I would have to go Obama, Romneys policies are insane and the man is an absolute disgrace, although some would say the same of Obama, so the only sensible option as far as I can see is Ron Paul.
edit on 9-5-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
The fact that there are only a handful of Romney supporters on a website that gets millions of hits a day.

Enthusiasm of a candidate is not definate evidence that the candidate has more support behind him. Romney has plenty more voters than Ron Paul, but that doesn't mean that Romney's voters are as energetic. Many folks are voting for Romney because they feel he is the most sane out of the current batch of republicans, that he is more moderate, that he is the 'lesser evil'.

The fact that you apparently get all your information from sources that LIE TO YOU.

What evidence do you have that this source of mine lied to me? Do you have an alternative impartial source with an actual delegate count? And don't tell me pledged delegates don't exist.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Even if Mitt wins, he didn't do it far and square. For one, remember the fake slates? Two, remember the RNC losing their impartiality by acting like Mitt has already won?
edit on 9-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

What evidence do you have that this source of mine lied to me? Do you have an alternative impartial source with an actual delegate count? And don't tell me pledged delegates don't exist.

You're the one with the thread, I expect you to have the current delegate count.

Oh you can't, how convenient.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Nothing could convince me because nobody in their right mind would vote for a fraud like Romney. When I went to vote the only candidate's name I heard the whole time was Ron Paul.

There's more then 500 delegates that are undecided at this point and could switch, with 869 remaining and with Santorum and Gingrich basically out of the race that's even more delegates that are going to go with Ron Paul. I say the odds are starting to stack in Dr. Pauls favor.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You're the one with the thread

Yes, and you're the one telling me that my source is misleading on the delegate count, so I'm asking you to prove it is different through another impartial source.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I asked a question...

If you don't tell me you support Romney,

then I still havn't met a Romney supporter.

Well...? Come on now I'm excited. You can be my first.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

That's like asking me to prove pixie dust exists.... nobody knows.

Either you don't understand delegates or you're brain dead.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Nothing could convince me

If nothing could convince you then you are admitting to being wilfully ignorant. Romney may (is in my view) win these primaries fair and square. How can expect others to readily accept and respect Paul's winnings or if Paul were to won, but you want to place difference standards on Romney? Is this fair?

Imagine if we could swap the attitudes of Paul supporters for those of Romney supporters, if Paul was in Romney's place, I really wonder howmany folks here will be crying foul over the fairness of these elections? I really have to wonder.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
30 minutes into the thread, no flags.

Where are the supporters bro!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Nothing could convince me

If nothing could convince you then you are admitting to being wilfully ignorant. Romney may (is in my view) win these primaries fair and square. How can expect others to readily accept and respect Paul's winnings or if Paul were to won, but you want to place difference standards on Romney? Is this fair?

Imagine if we could swap the attitudes of Paul supporters for those of Romney supporters, if Paul was in Romney's place, I really wonder howmany folks here will be crying foul over the fairness of these elections? I really have to wonder.

not many people hahahaha... Get it??

ehh... I think it's funny.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I am honesty incarnate.

I have met a lot of people in my travels. I'm a traveling poker player, I meet people from all over the world, both online and in person. I have never met a Romney supporter that was confident about their beliefs beyond 5 mins into a conversation.

The guy is a joke, I thought that was well known in America?
Who is really voting for him? I thought it was only midwest folks who don't know the difference between Palin and Bush who are voting for Romney.

No one who is based in reality is really voting for Romney.

edit on 9-5-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Fair and Square and Elections and presidents don match EVER...

Its ALL white lies...ALL

If it was to be FAIR, the candidates and parties would have to
tell ALL truths and fact and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH....

That will NEVER happen...

Soo, no election ever will be fair...

Theres, lies, slander, witholdings, upright cheating
in ALL of them, just to win...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

30 minutes into the thread, no flags.

I'm well aware that this place is crawling with Paul supporters, I'm not really interested in getting stars or flags, I'm just really interested in the mindset of paul supporters on here. If you really base truth or fact upon howmany stars or flags a poster gets then you're not well and truly searching for the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join